Dead in the Water

So...This Is Your Place

(Amanda’s POV)
“Come on. You need to eat.” Martin said pulling me up off his couch. “I’m going to make you some breakfast.” He said leading me into his kitchen.

“Um, it is after breakfast time now. You can cook?” I asked surprised.

“Just because I am a vampire doesn’t mean that I didn’t pick up a few cooking skills when I was alive.” Martin said laughing.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” I said blushing.

“I know.” He said smiling. “Sit.” He said.

“Breakfast is over.” I said.

“Yes and I don’t care. You need to eat something to keep your strength up. Just let me take care of you, ok?” He asked.

“I can’t believe you bought food for me. What if I wasn’t interested in you?” I said with a cocky smile.

“Oh, that’s impossible. You wouldn’t have been able to resist my charm.” He said fixing me some orange juice.

“Is that so?” I said messing with him.

“Yes that is so.” He laughed.

There were some moments of silence, and then Martin sat a plate down in front of me. “Eat up.” Martin said smiling and sitting down across from me.

“Wow. How did you know I like my scrambled eggs with cheese?” I asked.

“I didn’t. I used to like them like that so I took a guess.” He said surprising me.

“It all looks good.” I said seeing there were the eggs, some bacon, a few pieces of sausage and toast. It was not much but it looked good.

“When you are done, I will give you a tour of my place.” He said.

Martin was true to his word. When I was done, he showed me around. I was impressed. He had a lot of artwork on the walls and several guitars around the place.

“This is the bedroom.” He said leading me in his room.

“It’s nice.” I said noticing the colors.

His bed had maroon and gold sheets and a comforter on it. The walls were a white color however and he had a maroon rug in front of his bed. I noticed he had a type of acoustic guitar by his bed. I walked over to it.

“Wasn’t this the guitar that you had when we were in the hospital together?” I asked.

“Ah, so you remember.” He said walking over to it and picking it up.

“Of course I remember it, how can I not?” I asked.

“That song I wrote that I sang to you is called Hero/Heroine. I wrote it thinking about you while we were in the hospital and sang it when I was out singing in the clubs with my friends. It helped me sometimes when I thought of you.” He replied.

He played the song to me again and I sang along. I remembered all the words considering I had only heard it twice. Then he played another song that had me laughing.

My phone went off again and I ran into the living room to see who it was. It was Sisky calling me. I let the voicemail pick it up. I was not going to talk to him. He called me five times before I eventually turned my phone off.

“Who was that?” Martin asked walking in the living room.

“It was nobody.” I said putting my phone into my pocket.

“Amanda?” He said. I loved how he said my name.

“Ok, fine, it was Sisky but I can’t deal with him right now. I am so angry at him I want to punch him out at what he did. That was my sister and not that I am not saying it is not her fault either because I am not. It takes two to have an affair. She did her part but Sisky knew better.” I said sighing. “I gave myself to him because I thought he loved me. I am so stupid.” I said.

“Amanda, you are not stupid.” Martin said kissing me.

“I could do this all day.” I smiled.

“So seriously, what do you want to do? You can go home if you want not that I want you to leave but your friends need to know you are ok.” Martin said.

“How about I bring you to my place, it isn’t fair that I can see yours and you can’t see mine.” I said with an idea brewing.

“In case you haven’t forgotten, it is daylight for another five hours outside.” Martin replied looking at me funny.

“Relax. I have the perfect plan.” I said grinning.

“Oh, and what would that be?” He asked confused.

“Grab the thickest blanket that you have and I will call a cab.” I replied mischievously.