Dead in the Water

Nice To You Know You

(Erelin's POV)

"So, Martin, is it?" I asked.

"Yeah, you must be..." He replied.

"I'm Erelin, Amanda's best friend. I'm also the..." I got out.

"You are the other slayer." Martin said awkwardly. I knew he was good. I could feel him.

"Yeah thanks to Amanda, although, I wish I wasn't. I know that Amanda only did what she did to protect me but it almost cost her life. She hasn't been the same since her attack.

You, however, she told me all about. You brightened up her day everytime she thought about you. I do have one question, though." I said.

"What is that?" He asked.

"I don't remember you in the hospital when I went to visit Amanda back when we were teenagers. How come I never saw you there?" I asked.

"Amanda and I mainly saw everyone after visiting hours and her mother loved her and visited Amanda but mainly went home to take care of Elissa." Martin explained.

"That could be why." I sighed. "I know she missed you and talked about you after you left the hospital." I said breaking the ice.

"Look, I want to apologize for what you saw earlier." Martin replied as we sat down on Amanda's bed.

"Well, it was very awkward but having to pick up Sisky because he called my phone nonstop right after I tried to nap early this morning was awkward. I told him off yet he demanded I bring him here knowing that Amanda was going to go off on him anyways. I just hope that she doesn't go postal on him. I know what he did was wrong but if she kills him..." I trailed off.

"I want to pummel him for hurting him but that is not my place." Martin said.

"Look, I don't know you well yet, so I am going to give you a warning. After seeing Amanda get her heart broken, I will hurt you if you ever do anything to hurt her. If she is cool with you, then I am cool. I apologize if I offend you it is just that walking in on you two and the way you two came together and after everything Amanda has been through, I feel it is my job to protect her after everything she has done for me." I said.

"I understand and no offense taken." He replied.

Martin briefly told me about how he saved Amanda last night and how Ian was the vampire that turned him. He assured me that he loved Amanda and always has. I wanted to believe him but I felt as if he was hiding something. I was about to ask him about this when I heard a knock on Amanda's window.

"Brendon? What are you doing here?" I asked as I opened the window.

"Ok, if that is the greeting I get then I shall leave." He replied. "Whose this?" He asked as he came into Amanda's room.

"That's Martin. It's a long story but he is with Amanda." I replied. "Why are you at Amanda's window and not mine?" I asked.

"Are you in your room?" He asked sarcastically. "By the way, I'm Brendon, a friend of Erelin's." Brendon said sticking his hand out to shake Martin's.

"No." I replied.

"Ok, then, that is why I came here." He said.

"Wait, did you just say I was a friend of yours?" I asked a little pissed. I mean granted we haven't really been dating or made anything offical but that was the best he could do. Before he could answer, we all heard a crash and that was our que to check on Sisky and Amanda.