Dead in the Water

Another Vampire

(Nonnie’s POV)

“Amanda he had to,” I said before she started chewing him out again.

“She should see a doctor,” the strange man sitting next to Amanda on the bed said.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Nonnie, Frank, this is Martin.” Amanda said.

“Another vampire,” Frank said. “And you chew me out for getting with Nonnie? Hypocrite.”

“Frank babe, now’s not the time.” I said. I felt like crap but I wouldn’t let them take me home. Erelin had told me about Amanda being here and I just needed to see that she was ok. Frank pulled a chair over to me.

“Sit,” I did as he commanded, I didn’t have the strength not to.

“Stop doing that Frank.”

“Sorry but if I had known I could make you do as you’re told none of this would have happened.”

“Wait so you didn’t know you could control me?” I said surprised.

“Nope, but now that I do. You will be seeing a doctor tonight. Then its straight to bed when we get home.”

“Frank…”

“Non just for tonight you are going to do as you’re told. I promise after tonight I won’t make you do things…much.” he didn’t think I heard that last part but I did.

“So are you guys going to fill me in on what happened?” Amanda asked. I told her about everything and the more I talked the more rapid the beeping of the heart monitor she was hooked up to. “Why didn’t you let her kill him Nonnie. Now he’s just going to come back after you.”

“I know but I couldn’t he’s still Gerard…”

“No Non he’s not.” Frank said. I remember how mad he used to get about me and Gerard being friends. Don’t get me wrong they were the best of friend’s I was the only sore spot with the two of them. I think he thought I wanted Gerard, but I never have and never will want Gerard and until now I didn’t think he wanted me either. “I know what you’re thinking and it’s not like that this time. He’s dangerous and he wants to change you into a monster.”

“I can’t believe you stopped her Nonnie. Do you know how much easier our lives would have been if you had let her kill him?” I wanted to yell at them, but I honestly don’t know why I couldn’t let her kill him. I mean it was just too much to think that Gerard would hurt anyone. Besides he didn’t drink my blood Frank did.

“So now you’re trying to reason that he’s good cause he didn’t drink your blood when he bit you?” Frank yelled.

“That’s not what I meant and I really wish you would stay out of my head.”

“What about when he made your nose bleed trying to get you to come back to him? How bout him getting you almost killed by one of his men? How bout him trying to kill Erelin, Brendon, and me? Nonnie the real Gerard would never have tried to do that no matter how much he wanted you,” he was still yelling.

“Hey yelling at me isn’t helping. Okay its just giving me another headache. So drop it.” I said standing up with as much attitude as I could muster.

“Sit down,” he commanded. I did and shot him an evil glance. “Stay here while I find a doctor to check you out,” I relaxed into the chair and noticed that everyone had gone quiet.

“So I take it Frank never liked you being close to Gerard?” Erelin said.

“I don’t wanna talk about any of this. I just wanna forget about everything that’s happened.”

“Nonnie you can’t. Gerard wants you as his bride. His queen and he’s not going to stop until he gets you, so next time any of us get the opportunity we won’t hesitate to kill him. I don’t care what you say. It’s more important to keep you safe then to let him live longer.” Amanda explained in a soft voice I could tell she was trying to be gentile with me. I couldn’t give her the answer she wanted so I just sat there quietly until a doctor came into the room.

He did a quick exam in the next room all he said was that I had a few cuts and bruises that I should try and get some rest. He also said that I should take aspirin for my headache. Of course Frank had to command me to answer each question and follow each direction. I cursed him out in ever language I could. Which wasn’t that big a deal since I only knew English and how to count in Spanish.

Finally the doctor gave me a clean bill of health and said we could go home. The only problem was that it was daylight now. Frank and Brendon said they would stay in the hospital with Amanda and told me and Erelin to go home. I did as I was told. Mostly cause I knew fighting would only end with me having a headache and a nose bleed.

We arrived home a twenty minutes later and as soon as we opened the door Joe started yelling at me. I was still wearing my bloody shirt and I had a few bandages on the deeper cuts and over the new bites. As he screamed at me I tuned him out and headed strait up to my room closing the door in his face. I guess he got the picture cause after I slammed the door he stopped screaming at me. I went over to my bed and sat down picking up the picture of Frank, Gerard and me.

“Please just have a little good left in you. I can’t see you die again cause all of this is my fault.” I realized that was the reason. That was why I couldn’t let Erelin kill him. I lay down still holding the picture in my hand. I started drifting off to sleep

“It’s not your fault,” I heard Frank whisper in my head. I didn’t have the strength to answer him, but I knew the truth. None of this would be happening if it weren’t for me.