Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 41st Chapter

“Grr I don’t like rain,” Adeline grumbled.

Zacky smiled; she wasn’t one to make silly sounds such as that. This happened due to Jimmy’s “Jimmy-ness.” Zacky was surprised to know that Ady was spending more time with Jimmy than she was with him. He would’ve felt jealous except for the fact that he felt Ady was safer with Jimmy than with Brian. Zacky was weary every time Ady was with Brian. The lead guitarist was very touchy and liked to shower Adeline with kisses on the cheek; a simple affectionate form Zacky wish he had the guts to give.

He licked his lips and erased the thought of everyone else but Adeline in his head. “I’m so angry it rained. I wanted to take you to the beach.”

“I still can’t hold onto the fact that even on New Year’s, it’s warm on some parts of the west coast,” Adeline giggled.

Zacky only shook his head as they ran for cover inside the park gazebo. All around, he noticed how muddy the ground had gotten after only a few minutes of rainfall.

Adeline bit her lip. Zacky sat down on the old bench in the gazebo as she stood a few feet away from him, near the railing. She was nervous being this alone with him. Usually, there were people nearby if she was ever this close to Zacky. She wasn’t used to the peacefulness. “Why aren’t you with your friends?” she asked timidly.

He turned his head to look at her. “I’m with you, duh.”

“Well yes but you could’ve gone with them.”

“They’re drinking. I’d rather not.”

“You’re really dedicated. I’m so proud of you.”

With that, his heart swelled with happiness. That was his goal that he just achieved.

The two fell into a silence again. Adeline found it comfortable while Zacky found it awkward. She walked over to the entrance of the gazebo as he stood up from his seat. The rain momentarily stopped as the sky cleared. A few seconds later, fireworks in bright colors shot into the sky, twirling and spinning until they exploded in an array of lights.

“Zacky fireworks!” Adeline gasped, pointing to the sky.

For a moment, he stared at the sparks of green, red, white, pink, and yellow. “They're the colors lighting up the black sky…” he muttered to himself. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he rose his voice so it sounded much stronger than how he felt. “Ady I need to tell you something.”

“Okay.” She tore her fixation of the New Year’s fireworks to face Zacky. He visibly gulped.

“If you haven’t noticed, I’ve changed for the better all thanks to you. Ady, I like you a lot. I’ve liked you for a long time. It was pretty much why I kept trying to force you to live with me. I’m sorry for that, I didn’t meant to force anything on you, but these feelings for you are going crazy.”

“Zacky-”

“Please don’t say no.”

“Za-”

“I want you to give me one chance.”

“ZACKY!” she screamed.

“What?” he mumbled shyly, shocked she screamed at him.

“I’ve been thinking and you've changed me too. I’m more outgoing-”

“We’re perfect for each other!” he chimed in, his last hope for her to say yes. “Sorry go on.”

“Thank you. I have been thinking, and it seems we are perfect for each other.”

He sighed, wishing he had never opened his mouth. Of course she didn't want a relationship with him. It was absolutely ridiculous. To think a spark was there was even more ridiculous.

Adeline’s face changed from wonder to concern. She touched Zacky‘s warm arm, catching his attention. “Zacky are you okay? You look really pale.”

“What? Yeah. Thank you for being truthful with me. I should’ve known you don’t like me.”

“Zacky, what-”

She stopped her talking by a simple gaze from Zacky. His eyes widened in realization of what she said earlier. It wasn’t a simple stare he was shooting her way. To him, in his presence, was a gorgeous and caring woman who deserved nothing but love, sweet love. He believed he was the one who could offer that to her, even though he knew he was far from perfect.

“Thank you,” he smiled happily and kissed her lips. Even when his eyes were shut, he could feel the string of colorful lights dancing against his eyelids. Never in his life had he felt like this from a simple kiss.

When he pulled away, Ady’s brown eyes glimmered with a happy light. She smiled and threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Quite surprised, Zacky gasped before wrapping his own arms around her waist. In that moment in time, he realized something. He could picture himself marrying Ady, having children with her, and living happily together. He realized his search was over. He found the one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Corny ending! But everyone wants them together, hell, I do too! AND I'm not really the type of writer to make a sad and depressed ending. That would be mean especially to everyone who wanted them to finally admit they like each other. And now they go skip through the mud into happy Rockstar Land.

Just in case you didn't get what Brian's plan was, it was the drinking thing. Obviously, Zacky wouldn't want to drink liquor since Ady was there. It's a simple plan, but it worked.

As always (I can never say this enough) thank you so so so so so much for reading my story!