Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 24

Emmett's Point of View

I stood at the door looking at Rhiannon with sadness in my eyes. The huge grin that I had been wearing instantly drooped to a look of hurt. If I had been alive with a beating heart I literally would be feeling my heart shatter into a million tiny pieces. Instead of me leaving the human, the human was leaving me. I just didn't understand it at all. The next thing that happened made me stand there in shock.

Rhiannon dropped her helmet on the porch and then jumped on me and wrapped her legs around my torso. I stiffened because she had just told me that she was leaving me and never returning, yet she was hugging me. I didn't understand. I felt her soft, warm luscious lips by my ear.

"April Fools," she whispered so quietly into my ear.

She jumped down and grabbed her helmet and took a good long look at me. I was still completely shocked as hell because she had said she was leaving me with such a straight face and her voice sounded so serious that I had no choice but to believe her. This girl was going to be the death of me. When I looked at the calendar on the wall by the kitchen it indeed read that it was April Fool's day.

I turned my gaze back to Rhiannon who looked a bit worried that her little joke was going to backfire on her. I let my hand unclench from the door and grabbed her around the waist and took off into the woods. Her squeal of surprise turned into sudden laughter. I ran towards my special spot and when I stopped running she was laughing so hard.

"Don't do that to me Rhia," I said sounding a little angry.

"I'm sorry Emmett, really I am, but I just had to try and see if I could fool you," she said simply.

"You scared the hell out of me by saying that you were leaving and never coming back," I admitted.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I was only trying to have a bit of fun," she replied.

I nodded my head in response. I held her close and then I bent my head and kissed her deeply. I felt her knees instantly grow weak and I caught her in my arms before she fell. I laid her down on the grass with me suspended above her. I knew that she wasn't ready for anything further, but I seriously missed her like crazy and just wanted to make-out with her as long as possible. I ended up having to break the kiss so that she could breathe and she was looking up at me with a huge smile.

"I missed you," she said.

"Then why did you leave," I asked.

"I had to so that I could think," she replied.

"I'm sorry about Justin," I said thickly.

I still knew the truth about him and I wasn't sure if she did or not.

"Do you mean Evan Corday," she asked.

"You know," I asked.

"Yeah I do. Some friends told me and no it wasn't Mike and Sarah either," she said.

"Then who," I asked.

"I can't tell you that because it's not my place to reveal my friends at the moment," she
replied.

"You can trust me," I said.

"I know that Emmett, but my friends have asked me nicely to not be revealed to you at the present time and I have agreed to their terms," she answered.

I nodded.

"Can I ask you something," I asked pulling her to her feet.

"Can I give you a present first," she asked.

"Of course, I mean I absolutely love presents," I said with a huge grin on my face.

Rhiannon's Point of View

I had gone back to Emmett. I knew he was in Forks so I didn't waste my time driving all the way to Massachusetts and I figured that he would have packed my stuff and taken it with him. When I had gotten to Forks it was pouring down rain, but I didn't care one bit. I felt free on my motorcycle. Rosalie had shown me the turn-off where her old house had been and she had taken HANA to Seattle where they were going to be living. I was told to visit two weekends out of each month and I agreed. Being back in Forks was hard for Rosalie and I knew that, which is why I suggested they live in Seattle instead.

I drove up the pathway ready to put my plan in motion. It was actually Kira who thought of the whole thing since today was April Fool's day. It was brilliant, but I knew I was going to be feeling completely guilty on the inside when I followed through with it. I pulled up, took my helmet off, and put on the most serious face I could muster. I was actually laughing on the inside, but I was able to fight it off to keep my serious demeanor going for as long as I could. I walked up to the porch and then rang the bell. He answered the door, which was perfect.

"Rhiannon," he asked in a low whisper.

"Hi Emmett," I said seriously, "I came by to pick my stuff up because I'm leaving for good and I won't be coming back," I finished just as serious.

The look on his face was crushed and if I had been totally serious I would have felt my own heart break, but my mind knew that I was joking around so that's the message that my heart received. I was anxious to get this prank over so I could tell him the real reason why I was here. I wanted him back because I loved him so much.

"Alright, come in and get your stuff," he said a little stiffly.

I grew a little scared at his stiffness so I just jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his torso. He was stiff so I had to really clutch at his stone cold body to keep myself from falling.

"April Fool's," I whispered into his ear and jumped down.

I looked at his face to see how he was going to react. I saw many emotions flash through his eyes, and anger was one of them. The next thing I knew my motorcycle helmet fell to the ground and I was literally swept off my feet. I squealed in laughter and delight as he ran with me into the trees. I loved the forest and I've always loved the forest. It gave me a sense of peacefulness and calm.

He stopped abruptly and set me down on my feet. He crashed his cold lips onto my warm ones and I felt him leaning me towards the ground. I felt my back being pressed against the cool grass of the forest floor as we kissed each other with such passion. He broke away first and I was left panting for air.

"I missed you," I said.

"Then why did you leave," he asked.

"I had to so that I could think," I answered.

"I'm sorry about Justin," he said thickly.

At the mention of Justin's name, I mean Evan's alias I instantly felt a little betrayed that he, Mike, and Sarah felt the need to lie to me just so that they could capture a criminal.

"Do you mean Evan Corday," I asked with as much thickness in my voice.

"You know," he asked surprised.

"Yeah I do. Some friends told me and no it wasn't Mike and Sarah either," I answered.

"Then who," he asked.

"I can't tell you that because it's not my place to reveal my friends at the moment," I said.

"You can trust me," he said sounding a bit hurt.

"I know that Emmett, but my friends have asked me nicely to not reveal their identities to anyone at the present time and I have agreed to their terms," I replied.

He just nodded.

"Can I ask you something," he asked pulling me to my feet.

"Can I give you a present first," I asked with a smile.

"Of course, I mean I absolutely love presents," he said with his mesmerizing grin.

I loved his smile or rather his grin because it always made me feel safe when he gave me that smile. I took a deep breath and then took out the CD player from one of my many jacket pockets. I did have an iPod, but I wanted this to be on a CD so that Emmett could keep it forever. I handed the headphones to him and he took them with a confused expression.

"What's this for," he asked.

"Just listen and then tell me what you think," I said with nervousness behind my voice.

He nodded and put the headphones into his ears and I pressed play. The song was about three to four minutes long and I had been nervous when I recorded it, but I had done many takes so that it was perfect. My voice wasn't perfect or that good, but I tried. I could hear the faint music playing in the background as my voice sang the lyrics to the song "I Need You" by Leann Rimes.

I loved that song and it literally explained my feelings to Emmett. Emmett took the headphones out of his ears and handed the CD player back to me. I tucked it back into one of my many jacket pockets and looked up at him.

"That was absolutely beautiful. Your singing voice is wonderful. Have you ever thought of becoming a singer," he asked with a genuine smile instead of his big goofy grin.

"No, I mostly focused on drawing because I love to draw," I answered.

"If I asked you to would you record an album," he asked.

"I don't know. I honestly don't feel comfortable with my name being out in public unless it's for my artwork," I answered.

"Think on it at least," he asked.

I nodded my head and he gave me a hug.

"Okay, my turn," he said giving me his big goofy grin.

I just smiled at him as I watched his every movement. He took something out of his pocket and held it in his hand.

"Rhiannon, through the time that I have known you my feelings for you have grown. When you left to do some thinking I have to admit that I was devastated and hurt, but I understand why you did it. Now that you are back with me, I don't want to lose you again," he said drawing in a deep breath, not that he needed it though.

I watched him get down on one knee and I let out an inaudible gasp. My eyes went wide in surprise.

"Rhiannon, will you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming my wife," he asked opening a black velvet box revealing the most intricate and unique diamond engagement rings that I ever saw.

I blinked my eyes because I could feel tears forming at the brim of my eyelids. One single tear slipped away and fell down my cheeks. I looked into the tree tops because I knew that Rosalie and Kira were watching. They were near and I saw them standing in a tree. I looked at Rosalie and she gave me a nod of her head. I had her blessing to accept his marriage proposal. I would repay Rosalie somehow and in some way. Not sure which way, but I would. I looked back at Emmett who was waiting for my answer.

"Yes," I whispered and he slipped the ring onto my finger.

He picked me up and swung me around in a circle with a huge grin on his face. I was happy. Tears of joy were falling freely down my cheeks. He set me back down and then kissed me gently. I stood on my tip toes and whispered into his ear.

"I love you. Will you make love to me," I asked.

He stepped away from me at that question and I was confused.

"I don't think that is such a good idea," he said rather slowly.

"Why not," I asked.

"Rhiannon, I'm a vampire," he said.

"Yeah, so," I said.

"Well, Bella wanted the same thing from Edward and he did on their wedding night, and well she ended up pregnant and with a child within two to three months after the wedding," he answered.

"Really, she never mentioned she had a child," I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well yeah. She's a great mother too, it's just I don't want to put you in that situation because it was pretty painful for her," he said.

"I think it will be alright," I said.

"I don't want to take any chances," he said again.

"Please Emmett. I may not be a virgin anymore, but if I had been I would want you to be my first," I pleaded and gave him my best puppy dog look.

"Fine, but if I hurt you in anyway, you better tell me so I don't end up crushing you," he said with a serious expression on his face.

I nodded my head and he picked me up again and started running back to the house. I had yet to meet the rest of his family, but that could wait until the morning. Right now I just wanted to be in Emmett's arms. If I ended up pregnant with a half-human and half-vampire baby, then so what, I could handle anything. I handled the beatings I received from my vicious uncle, so this couldn't be too bad.

We arrived back at the house and Emmett didn't even stop in the living room. He literally zoomed up the stairs and into his bedroom. He set me down on my feet and then led me to the bed. Everything was wonderful. I felt freer and more alive than I have ever felt before. It felt right and I curled up next to Emmett when it was all over.

Emmett's Point of View

She wanted to make love with me. I felt obligated to keep her safe and far away from the pain that Bella went through, but she broke me down and I caved. I knew I was going to be scolded by Edward mainly, but I hoped that he would understand. I wasn't sure. It felt amazing though and when she curled up next to me to sleep I couldn't help but smile at her.

She was now my fiancée and I was a happy person again. I didn't think that I would find love again after Rosalie, but a part of me believed that it was Rosalie's guidance that brought me to Rhiannon in the first place. I found her CD player again and listened to the song that she recorded for me over and over again. I would never get tired of it. She had an amazing voice and I hoped that she considered taking up singing for a small career, not that she needed the money or anything, but I figured that she would enjoy it.

Of course, there was still the small matter of the Volturi lurking around trying to figure out ways to destroy us Cullens, because ever since the situation with Bella they have always tried to find a way to get rid of us. They would end up losing their 'thrones' one day and I couldn't wait to see that day come. I felt that they deserved every bit of pain that would come their way when it did. I lay in the bed next to my fiancée and looked towards the door when I heard Edward and Alice approaching.

"Emmett how could you," Alice reprimanded.

"Do you honestly know what you just did to her," Edward hissed.

"Guys, stop okay. I didn't press her to do this, she wanted to do it," I said.

"That doesn't mean you agree," Edward hissed his answer.

"Edward, I tried to tell her no, but you know how much I love her and can't say no to her," I said.

"I hope you understand the consequences you just put yourself into," he told me and walked out.

"Alice what do you see," I asked turning my attention to her.

"Oddly enough, I don't see anything dangerous coming. As you know I can't really see her, but I do see a baby boy being born," she said with furrowed eyebrows.

I nodded my head and then she left. My family was just trying to protect the both of us. I understood that, but truthfully I didn't feel like I did anything wrong. Rhiannon was the one who wanted it, so I felt obligated to give her what she wanted. I continued to listen to the CD while I watched my precious fiancée sleep soundly.

Third Person Point of View

Rosalie had given her consent for Rhiannon to marry Emmett. It didn't surprise her when Rhiannon asked to make love to him. It did hurt at first, but she realized that she had given up her claim to him when she was destroyed, brought back and then stayed away. She wasn't sure how Emmett would take things if she revealed herself. She took one quick peak in at the sleeping Rhiannon and then left back to Seattle and to Kira, who had left beforehand.

"Kira, what does Rhiannon's future hold," she asked.

"Rhiannon is going to have three kids. Curiously, one is completely human, but the other two are half-human and half-vampires," she answered.

"What do you mean one is completely human," she inquired.

"I mean that Rhiannon's first child is human. There is no trace of vampire in the bloodstream whatsoever," she clarified.

"Anything else," Rose asked.

"Yes, but I can't tell you only because it's supposed to be a surprise for you," she said with a smile.

"A surprise for me," Rose questioned.

"Yes and I'm sorry, but that is all it's telling me so far," Kira said.

Rose nodded her head and walked around the small apartment that they shared. She was confused on how Rhiannon a full blown human could have sex with a vampire and end up with a fully blown human baby. It just didn't make any sense whatsoever. Sometimes she wished that she was still human because she really wanted a child. She didn't need to have a man by her side to raise a child as long as she could have a child. She thought about adoption and then changing the child after raising it to a good age, but she wouldn't want to do that to someone.

It was hard to go through life before when Bella was so willing to give up her humanity and be okay with it, but that's what happens when someone loves someone else so much. She missed Emmett and how they would go on lavish honeymoons to play it off to the world that they were just married. It was great. He was great. She knew though that Rhiannon was meant to be his one true soul mate and that she was just a buffer until Rhiannon came to him.

Rose had watched the confrontation between Emmett and Rhiannon when she first arrived. She had wanted to rip Rhiannon to shreds when she admitted that she was leaving and not coming back to Emmett. It was pure torture looking at his face and realizing how hurt he looked and how hurt he could become. She hated it, but then Rhiannon had said that it was an April Fool's joke, but not a very good one seeing as though it caused Emmett great pain.

Rose had looked towards Kira during the whole thing and realized that she had come up with it because she was trying so hard not to laugh her ass off. Rose was pissed, but she got over it because she knew that Emmett made inappropriate wise cracks all the time so her anger subsided and she was clutching her sides from trying not to laugh because Emmett had been so shocked by it all.

Now, Rose was wondering about Rhiannon and what her powers really consisted of. Kira had explained the whole situation to her back in San Diego and how the tattoo represented a supposedly legendary Vampire Queen. She even showed Rhia her own little tattoo which looked similar to Rhia's, but instead of a heartagram with angel wings, hers was a Celtic knot with angel wings. They were so beautiful and amazing, yet so small and harmless looking.

Rose wasn't fooled though because she knew the history behind the tattoos and how much power they held. Rose had read everything about the Justicia sisters and how they were so close to each other. When Rose had carried Rhia to South America she felt the power that Kira had said she felt when Brianna's spirit entered her body. Rose loved her gifts that she had been blessed with when she was reincarnated.

Being able to destroy things with a flick of her wrist and manipulate fire was completely awesome in her eyes. She felt powerful over her own brother and his measly gift of reading minds. Rose was walking into her room when she felt a sudden pain in her shoulder. She was a vampire, so feeling pain was unusual to her so she naturally let out a scream of pain. Kira was right by her new friend's side in an instant.

"Rose what's the matter," she asked concerned.

"I don't know, but my shoulder hurts like hell," she huffed out.

Kira was confused because she hadn't seen this at all. One of her gifts was seeing the future, sort of like Alice Cullen, but not exactly, because she was able to see werewolves and shape-shifters as well. She was powerful. Kira helped Rose to her feet and led her to the couch that was in the room. Rose was panting really hard because the pain was unbearable. Rose suddenly collapsed against Kira's shoulder blacking out. Kira grew really worried when Rose didn't wake up right away, but she didn't know what to do so she just laid Rose down long ways on the couch and then grabbed a chair and sat in the corner waiting for her friend to wake up.