Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 25

Rosalie's Point of View

I opened my eyes to bright white light. I was totally confused at what the hell was going on. I knew that vampires never blacked out. I stood up and started walking around what seemed to be a completely white room.

"What is going on," I asked myself out loud.

"Rosalie Hale," a female's voice answered me.

"Who's there," I asked.

"Don't be afraid," the voice said.

"Who are you, and what do you want," I asked fear starting to creep its way up my spine.

"Rosalie, you have a special destiny ahead of you," the voice said answered.

"What are you talking about," I demanded through my fear.

"Don't be afraid," the voice said.

"Please reveal yourself then," I said.

I didn't understand how I could be so afraid all of a sudden. I was totally confused and I wanted an explanation. I deserved an explanation because I knew for a fact that vampires did not black out or sleep in any way. I slunk against a wall of whatever room I was in and brought my knees up to chin. I couldn't cry, but I wish I could because I felt alone. No one was with me and I bet Kira was worried sick about me.

Third Person Point of View

Kira was sitting silently watching Rosalie's body. She still hadn't woken up and she was growing worried. She didn't know what to do either. She thought about calling Rhia and asking her if maybe she could talk to Carlisle about a possible blackout situation concerning a vampire, but she didn't want to jeopardize their position in anyway. It has been three days since Rosalie blacked out. Kira hadn't seen this coming, but she wanted to make sure her friend was alright.

Something told her deep down that Rose was going to be fine and all she had to do was wait patiently and believe that Rose would wake up soon. She couldn't stand it though. She finally stood up and went to a phone. She picked up and dialed Rhiannon's second cell phone that they bought her for emergencies when she was in San Diego. Kira and Rose were the only ones with the number.

Rhiannon's Point of View

I had fallen asleep next my fiancé with a smile on my face. He had been perfect and it was amazing. I was happy that he asked me to marry him. When he hesitated about making love to me I grew worried because I had wanted to take the next step in our relationship and to find out that he might not have wanted to had hurt my ego slightly. I was excited when he agreed.

The experience was wonderful and a lot more fun than being forced to do it. I got to control my movements and I didn't have any tears spilling down my face from crying of pain. Emmett was gentle with me and I loved the feeling of his hands moving down my body as he kissed me with so much passion and love. Now that I was asleep all I could dream about was my future with Emmett, until my private cell phone line went off. I sat up abruptly and started searching for my second cell phone in only a sheet around me.

"Hello," Emmett answered the phone.

I smacked my forehead when I heard him answer my second cell phone.

"Hello," he said again.

I waited with baited breath while Emmett kept asking who was on the other line. Kira must have hung up when she realized that I wasn't the one who answered the phone. I saw Emmett enter the bedroom and a smile lit up my face as I saw him shirtless in a pair of jeans on. He grinned at me and then walked over to me.

"Hey there beautiful," he said picking me up off the floor where I had been sitting.

I kissed him on the lips and he kissed me back with so much passion. I smirked into the kiss and felt him do the same thing. I pulled away and breathed heavily. His sweet scent always made me dizzy, but I didn't care.

"Hey, someone called your cell phone, but then hung up," he said handing me my phone.

"It was probably the wrong number," I lied.

"Yeah, probably," he said.

"Hey I just wanted to let you know that I'm headed to Seattle today to stay with some friends for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday night," I said.

"You just get back and you leave me again," he feigned being hurt.

"I'm not leaving forever. Just to see some friends," I answered giving him a kiss.

"Why don't they come here," he offered.

"I don't think they'll like that idea. See, they are pretty conservative and like to stay where they feel more comfortable," I answered.

"Oh, okay. Just promise me that you'll stay safe," he said.

"Always," I replied.

He left me to get changed. I took a shower and brushed out my hair. I hardly used a blow dryer because it always ruined my hair. I left it to air dry while I put on some jeans with a matching jean shirt and a white camisole underneath. I put on a pair of black knee high boots and pulled my hair back into a loose bun so that my hair wouldn't be difficult when I put my helmet on to drive to Seattle. As I was leaving the bathroom my private line rang again. I hurried to the bedroom and to answer the phone. I managed to get to it this time because Emmett had left it on the night stand. I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello," I answered.

"Rhia thank god I managed to reach you," Kira's frantic voice said.

"What's wrong," I asked not wanting to say her name.

"I need you to come by and help me with something," she pleaded.

"I was just headed out. I'll be staying for the weekend," I answered.

"Good, hurry," she said as if she was on the verge of tears.

I grew worried. She was hiding something, but then again she knew that vampires had super hearing, which is probably why she was so mysterious about what she wanted to see me for. I just hoped they were alright. They had HANA with them because ever since they got my motorcycle I hardly drove HANA because I had so much fun driving my bike. I was actually thinking about giving HANA to Mike and Sarah, but I was still pissed at them for lying to me.

I snapped the phone closed and put it in my jeans pocket. I grabbed my bike keys off the night stand and my helmet and riding jacket. Putting on my jacket I walked down the stairs. The first sight I saw was the entire family sitting in the living room. Emmett looked totally gorgeous in his tight black T-shirt and jeans. Edward was there as well, but he had a little girl in his arms and a huge smile on his face.

My eyes scanned the room and I found Bella talking to a short pixie girl with a matching pixie hair-cut. They both had smiles on their faces. There was Carlisle and Esme. In the corner sat a tall, lanky man with blonde hair similar to Carlisle's, but a little darker and a look of pain on his face.

"Rhia, come meet the rest of the family before you go," Emmett boomed once he caught sight of me on the stairs.

I smiled at him and walked down the rest of the stairs. He met me at the bottom and then took my hand in his. He led me to the living room and we stood in the center. Edward walked up to me with a smile and I immediately gave him a hug.

"Rhia, it's good to see you again," he said.

"I'm so sorry I took off without a better explanation and left you to deal with the trial alone," I immediately apologized.

"Rhia, it's okay. I understand, besides we won the case anyway," he answered with that stupid boyish smirk on his face.

"I'm glad we did. He deserves life in prison," I stated matter-of-factly.

"Well, this is my daughter Renesmee," he said gesturing to the little girl in his arms, who didn't even look like a baby.

"How old is she," I asked astonished.

"Well, she's a special one. She's half-vampire and half-human so her growth rate is unique. When she was born within a week she looked like a small toddler. It was odd, but we grew to enjoy it. Right now, if she was a normal child, she would be about five years old, which she is, but she looks like a seven year old," he answered my question.

"Hi Renesmee," I smiled at her.

She stuck out her hand and put it on my cheek. My eyes closed and I gasped in surprise at what she showed me. It looked like she was showing me times that she spent with Rosalie. She looked so happy with her. She then showed me a picture of the family after Rosalie had been killed. Everyone was so heartbroken and sad. I felt a tug on my heart because I knew something that they didn't and I couldn't tell them because it wasn't my place to tell them. It was my friends and I knew that they would tell my new family when they were ready to. Renesmee pulled her hand away and I was able to open my eyes.

"What did she show you," Edward asked.

"Uh, show me," I questioned.

"Renesmee's gift is to show her what she thinks. She doesn't talk much because she prefers to use her gift, but both her mother and I have told her to talk more," he answered with a little playful glare towards his daughter.

"Oh, well she showed me glimpses of how you all were when Rosalie died," I answered.

"I see. Yes that was a hard time for everyone. I think she wanted to let you know that Rosalie is in everyone's hearts even if she isn't with us physically," Edward said with a grim smile.

That tug on my heart jolted me again. I suddenly felt guilty for keeping such a huge secret from them.

"Rhiannon, this is my other sister Alice, her gift is to see into the future and her husband is over there in the corner. His name is Jasper and his gift is to manipulate emotions," Emmett said breaking the silence.

I looked at Alice who gave me a genuine smile and walked over to me. She surprised me and gave me a hug. Jasper stood up and walked over to me as well. He stuck his hand out for a handshake. I shook it with a confused expression.

"Sorry, I'm still new to the vegetarian life style. It's still a little difficult for me," he answered my confusion.

"Oh, sorry for making this so difficult for you," I said.

"Don't be sorry. I need to learn to control myself better that's all," he said with a smile.

"I'm so sorry that I can't stay longer. I will be back though. I just need to go see if my friends settled into their new apartment in Seattle," I said apologetically.

"We have enough rooms for them to stay here," Carlisle stated in a caring voice.

"Thank you for the offer, but they prefer to stay in Seattle," I said.

"Alright," he said with a smile.

"You better be careful on that motorcycle," Esme scolded me playfully.

"I will Esme. I promise," I answered with a smile.

I headed outside into the overcast weather and I felt Emmett following me. I got to my bike and before I could put my helmet on he bent down and gave me a quick kiss.

"Stay safe and call me when you get to your friend's place," he said.

"I'll stay safe I promise," I said.

"And you'll call," he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes I will call. Now let me get going," I said.

"Aren't you taking any clothes with you," he asked.

"No I have clothes there already," I said.

"Oh okay, well hurry and get there so then I won't have to wait forever for you to get back," he grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes and gave him a quick kiss again. I put my helmet on and took off towards
Seattle.

Third Person Point of View

It had been an hour since Kira had talked to Rhia on the phone and she still hadn't gotten to the apartment. Rose was still out cold which was very unusual. She didn't know what to do. She had re-read the legends about Brianna and Gracie Justicia to see if she overlooked something, but she never found anything new. She was hoping that Rhia might know something or find something new in the many scrolls that she had.

After about another thirty minutes Kira finally heard the soft purr of Rhia's bike and some of her worries subsided. She looked in Rose's room to check on her and saw her left hand twitch, but she didn't move much after that. The lock clicked and Rhia let herself in. Kira rushed out to the living area of the apartment with a worried look on her face.

"Kira what is wrong," Rhia asked concerned.

"It's Rose. She just passed out after experiencing some pain in her shoulder," she
answered.

"But vampires don't sleep, so how could they pass out," Rhia asked.

"I don't know," Kira said clearly worried for her companion.

"Do you want me to call Carlisle," Rhia asked.

"Yes, but if he asks to come over say yes. I think I'll be able to project a different appearance to Rose so that he's not suspicious. I'll stay out of sight," Kira answered.

"Are you sure," Rhia wondered.

"Positive. Carlisle is the oldest vampire I know of besides the nasty Volturi and he might be able to help," Kira said.

"Alright," Rhiannon replied.

Rhiannon dialed the Cullen household and waited. It didn't take long for someone to answer.

"Hello," Emmett's voice rang through the speaker.

"Hey Emmett it’s just me," Rhiannon answered.

"Rhiannon did you make it there safely," he asked.

"Yes I did Emmett," she replied with a small smile.

"Alright good," he said.

"Hey is Carlisle available I have a question for him," she asked.

"Why, what's wrong," Emmett asked worried.

"Nothing is wrong. I just needed to ask him a question that's all," Rhiannon replied exasperatedly.

"Okay. Hold on," he said and then handed the phone off to someone else.

"What is the matter Rhiannon," he asked.

"I was wondering if you could come to Seattle. I arrived to my friend's place and I found her past out in her bedroom. I don't know what's wrong with her," she said.

"Is she breathing," he asked.

"I think so, but I'm not sure," Rhiannon lied.

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes," he said.

Rhiannon gave him the address of the apartment and then asked to keep it from everyone else. He agreed and then hung up the phone. Kira looked at Rhiannon with hope in her eyes.

"What is the name I'm supposed to give him," Rhiannon asked.

"Natalia," Kira answered after a moment of thinking.

Rhiannon nodded. Kira went into Rose's room and started concentrating on changing her appearance so that she didn't look recognizable at all. Rhiannon watched as Rose's hair turned from blonde to beautiful auburn red. Her facial features changed. Her eyes became a little rounder; her nose shrank a little bit. Kira lifted her eyelids and Rhiannon watched them change from a golden topaz to a beautiful light greenish blue color. Rhiannon was amazed at what she was seeing. All too soon there was a knock on the apartment door. Kira finished up with the Rose's appearance and then hid in the closet.

"How long can you keep this up," Rhiannon hissed through the door.

"As long as I want to," she answered.

"Do you have enough strength and will power," Rhiannon asked.

"Yes," Kira assured.

Rhiannon sighed heavily and then put on a concerned look. She went to the door and opened it up to see Carlisle standing there with his medical bag. She remembered the times that he treated her back in Massachusetts. She never really thanked him for that.

"I wanted to thank you for helping me recover back in Massachusetts," Rhiannon said.

"Oh, Rhiannon dear, you are like a daughter to me now. I couldn't let you stay in pain while you helped my son get over the loss of another family member," he said with a genuine smile.

I held back the tears that I felt were about to spring up.

"So, where is the patient," he asked getting down to business.

"Carlisle, my friend is in here," Rhiannon hesitated before finishing the sentence.

He nodded and followed Rhiannon into the bedroom where Rose, who was disguised to be someone different lay looking peaceful with her eyes closed. He knelt down to her level and pulled out a stethoscope. Rhiannon grew worried.

"She doesn’t have a heartbeat," Carlisle said sounding worried.

"I know," Rhiannon answered.

"What do you mean," Carlisle asked.

"I mean my friend is a vampire," Rhiannon stated heavily.

"Is she a safe vampire," he asked sternly.

"Natalia is a very safe vampire. She actually saved me from some perverted predators when I was living in California for a year," Rhiannon lied fluently.

"I don't understand why she's passed out though," Carlisle said furrowing his brow.

"I don't either. I mean you guys don't sleep or dream, so how could one pass out,"
Rhiannon asked.

"I don't know Rhiannon. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help," he said standing to his feet.

"That's okay Carlisle. Do you think you could keep this from everyone," she asked.

"Yes of course. They don't need to know about this, but I want you to be very careful," he said.

"I will. I promise," Rhia answered.

He left shortly after and Rhia let out a sigh of disappointment, but she knew she shouldn't have held high hopes. Kira came out of the closet and relaxed the muscles in her face. Rhia watched as Rose's appearance returned to normal. Kira collapsed to the ground.

"Kira are you alright," Rhia asked worried.

"Yes. It just took a lot more energy than it should have for me to keep up her disguise," she panted heavily, not that she needed to breathe.

Rhia hugged her friend and they sat in chairs watching Rosalie as she lay on the couch as if she was really dead.

Rosalie's Point of View

I was still huddled in the corner of the bright room. The voice hadn't spoken in awhile and I was growing really worried.

"Don't be afraid young one," the voice suddenly said.

I jumped getting really scared. I had never been so scared in my life before. Well, apart from being raped that is. I had always been so bitter towards everyone before I had been resurrected that I just didn't seem to really care anymore. I wanted answers now.

"WHO'S THERE," I shouted.

"My name is Correia," a female said suddenly materializing.

"Who are you," I asked.

"I was part of the Justicia rule. I was their counsel, and because you are now friends with the two girls who will carry their spirits you need to be prepared," Correia said.

"What do you mean by that," I wondered.

"I mean you are here now so that I can pass on my powers that I had to you. The manipulation of fire and blowing things up with a flick of your wrist was only two of the many gifts that I had before," she answered.

"I'm still confused," I said.

"It's all new to you. The only reason that Kira was able to resurrect you was because my
spirit fused with your ashes because I felt that you were strong enough to handle all of my
powers," she said.

"What other powers or gifts do you have," I asked.

"Besides manipulating fire and blowing things up, I have the power to manipulate minds to my will whenever I say it. I can also manipulate appearances such as what Kira can do, but they last a bit longer than hers," Correia answered.

"Do I have to accept your spirit," I asked.

"Yes, but if you don't accept me you may become another pile of ashes, but I'm not sure," she answered.

"I'm still confused at why you chose me to be the counsel advisor for the two," I said.

"Let me show you what I did and then you can make your decision," she said holding out her hand.

I hesitated on taking her hand because I was still unsure on whether she was telling the truth or not.

"The only way you can be sure that I'm not lying to you is if you take my hand," she said as if she could read my mind.

"Can you read minds," I asked.

"No, but I do have a way of sensing when someone is unsure about the truth," she replied with a smile.

I thought about it and realized that she was true. If I didn't go on this little 'journey' thing then I would have no way of knowing if she was telling me the truth or not. I had to at least trust her on some level otherwise I would be in the dark again and I didn't like the darkness at all.
I took her hand and she led me through a portal of some sort. I could feel it swirling around me and its warmth was a relief compared to how cold my skin was.

I saw flashes of her life and noticed that she did her job well. She advised Brianna and Gracie to the best of her ability and she protected them as if she was their guardian. The last scene she showed me put the happiness I felt throughout the journey into a plummeting pit of darkness. It turned out that Correia had been the one to sell out Gracie and Brianna's weaknesses to the Volturi and the Romanians.

"Why," I asked once the journey was over.

"Why what," she wondered.

"Why did you sell them out," I asked again.

"To this day I still don't know. The Volturi killed me in the end anyway, so I don't know why I did. I didn't gain anything from it except the loss of good friends," she said.

That's when I remembered something.

"Wait, how did the Volturi get so close to you anyway," I asked trying to figure out the reasoning.

"My mind at this moment draws a blank, but I could have sworn that they might have held me hostage at some point and done some weird mumbo jumbo on my mind to break me down," she answered with a furrowed brow.

"What do you mean exactly," I asked.

"I mean I had been walking the town square where we lived and I had been pulled into a dark alley way from behind. When I woke up I couldn't remember who my allegiances were to," she replied.

"This sounds familiar. Was there anyone around you when you woke up," I pressed.

"No, not that I can remember, but I do remember feeling light headed and as if my mind was being controlled by something or someone," she said still with that furrowed brow.

Before I could answer with another question she asked one first.

"Why the sudden interest in my past," she asked.

"Well, if I'm supposed to be Rhiannon and Kira's advisor and guardian than I have to keep history from repeating itself now don't I," I answered a little too smugly.

"Very smart," she said with a smile.

"So, your head felt fuzzy and like you were being controlled," I said allowed trying to piece together the puzzle.

She merely nodded in response.

"This sounds like the Volturi's guard member named Alec and Chelsea at work," I said.

"Who are they," she asked.

"The Volturi has a huge number of vampires at their service and command. Alec and Chelsea are only two of them. Alec's power is that he can make people lose all senses and keep people from remembering certain things, whereas Chelsea's power is to break any known bond between people so that they can be forced to do anything by someone else," I answered sourly.

"You must protect them from that and yourself," she said her voice going faint.

"Where are you going," I asked frantically.

"Your powers, the ones that I used to have will show up in time. When they are fully there you will no longer feel my presence within you because you will have complete control of the powers," she said.

"What is going on," I asked.

"Be safe and be very cautious. Keep your enemies closer, but make sure your friends are kept safe and most of all make sure that you do not follow in my footsteps," she said her flowing form fading away slowly.

I was left in that white room when pain shot through my temples. I couldn't stand the pain so I squeezed my eyes completely shut and when I opened them again all pain was gone and I was staring at the plain ceiling of the apartment I shared with Kira.

Third Person Point of View

Kira and Rhiannon had been staring at Rosalie's still body for the past week and a half. Emmett had called several times to see when she would return. She didn't say much. Carlisle even called to make sure she was alright as well as her friend. They began to worry about her even more until late one night going on the third week Rosalie opened her eyes again.

"Rose are you alright," Kira asked franticly.

She didn't answer right away. Instead she just lay there surprised that she had a special part in this whole destiny thing. She wanted to embrace it with open arms, but she wasn't sure how she could do it, but she had faith in herself. She sat up in one swift movement and looked over at Rhiannon and Kira with a confused look on her face.

"What happened," she asked.

"You blacked out were out for almost two and half weeks straight," Rhiannon answered.

"I'm a vampire though, vampires can't black out or sleep," she said.

"I know, but it happened for a reason," Kira said trying to get down to business.

"Kira have you ever read anything about a girl named Correia," she asked tentatively.

"The girl who was Brianna and Gracie's advisor and then sold them out," Kira replied coldly.

"Yes," Rose said.

"What about her," Rhiannon asked.

"Well, she didn't do it on purpose out of hatred. She did it because she didn't have a choice to," Rose said fiercely.

Kira didn't reply. She knew when Rose was telling the truth. She also now knew that bringing back Rose was a good idea and a smart move on her part. Without her than she didn't know where she would be at the moment and she wasn't sure if she would have been able to reveal herself to Rhiannon ever again and now that she has, she was very grateful that Rose was there to help nudge her in the right direction.

Rhiannon stood up.

"I have to get back to Forks. Emmett has been expecting me home a couple of weeks ago, and I think he's growing impatient with me hanging out with you," she said with a small smile.

"Emmett has always been that way, so get used to it," Rose answered with her own smile.

Rhiannon turned to the door and was about to leave when Rose called her back.

"You're not even going to show me the ring," she asked sounding hurt.

Rhiannon let out a laugh and then held out her finger.

"Damn I knew he had good taste in jewelry," Rose said approving.

Rhiannon left soon after that. She sped home on her bike eager to spend some long awaited time with her fiancé now that she knew Rose was going to be okay.