Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 30

Dimitri's Point of View

If it hadn't been for Rose I wouldn't be standing next to her now. She saved my soul from eternal damnation and I'll always be grateful for it. She re-taught me how to love people and to be considerate for their feelings again. She took the darkness away from me and almost sacrificed herself in doing so. I knew that I could never live without her, which was why I tried so hard in getting her to turn Strigoi with me. She never gave in though. Her strong will and hardheadedness wouldn't allow her to give in and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Now that we are both watching over this Cullen chick things are different. We were supposed to get Hale, Hart, and Brinkman, but instead we manage to get a Cullen who looks exactly like Hart. It's odd actually. Rose is now trying so hard to figure out a way to fix the situation, while I keep watch over the little house. I had placed a bunch of wards around the house to keep our Strigoi. Rose had coordinated with Lissa, Christian, Eddie, and Mia to help look for Hale and Brinkman. Rose had done a bunch of research concerning the prophecy that
we found.

I remember that tragic day as if it were still yesterday.

Five Years Ago

"Rose, are you ready to give the Queen extra protection," I asked.

"No, the Queen hates me still because of the rumors that went around about me and her great-nephew," she sulked.

"You know we have to do this because of your talent," I added coming up behind her.

She leaned back into my chest and I planted a few kisses on her neck and shoulder.

"Don't tease me Dimitri, you know how I enjoy that," she smirked.

"Exactly," I replied with my own smirk.

"Dimitri, please stop. I have to make sure my mind is in the right place for the next few weeks," she said.

"Come on Rose we haven't had a night alone in weeks," I complained.

"Aren't you the one who is supposed to be the logical one who puts work before fun," she chastised.

"You're right, I apologize, but the months that I wasn't myself, well I don't know how I did it," I said.

"You're fine now, so stop worrying about those months," she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Sorry, I won't bring it up again," I said.

She continued to get dressed for her new job as guardian of the Queen. We were both assigned to it as well as Eddie, Lissa, Christian, and Mia because of all their exceptional skills as fighters. The Queen was still adamant about keeping things the same as they have ever been, where Moroi sit back and let Dhampirs do all the dirty work.

Tasha Ozera is still trying to make her see how useful the Moroi magic can be in stopping the Strigoi from multiplying as they do, but the Queen will hear none of it. I'm starting to get really angry with the Queen because of her haughty behavior. It was getting really irritating and annoying, but
I was just a Guardian and I didn't have much say in things.

"Dimitri are you ready," Rose asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to see my wife wearing the traditional Guardian uniform of black pants, black shirt and a black Western-like coat similar to mine. She looked exquisite.

"Honey, did I tell you how much I love you today," I asked with a smile.

"No, you did not," she answered.

"Well, I love you with all my heart," I said pulling her into my chest and embracing her with a huge hug.

I planted a kiss on her head and then she pulled away.

"Are you ready," she asked.

"Only if you are," I said.

"Well, I'm not truly ready, but then again I never will be so let's just get these next few weeks over with and get a new assignment," she said rolling her eyes the way she normally did when I first met her.

We walked out of the room we were staying in at the palace in Philadelphia and walked towards the Queen's throne room. She was waiting for us to give us our assignments. We weren't actually protecting the Queen herself, but she wanted us employed at her palace for a few weeks and we were all trying to figure out why. Rose and I walked in silence not wanting to act as a married couple would act in public sometimes. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be to keep professional lives separate from personal lives. I would always keep Rose safe if she was ever in grave danger, and I probably would still put her first before my charges, but that has not happened yet and I was hoping that it would never happen at all.

Rose sacrificed so much already and she didn't need to sacrifice anymore. She was on better terms with her mother Janine, which I was forever grateful. I guess going through the same things her mother goes through on a day to day basis put some new meaning in their relationship. They talked from time to time.

Unfortunately, Rose still hasn't met her father, but she hopes that someday she will because I know that it killed her to not have a proper father/daughter dance at our wedding two years ago. Her mother was against our union at first, but I think she realized how much her daughter really loved me to put herself in so much danger just to hunt me down and almost kill me. I never wanted to remember the days that I was a Strigoi. Those days were behind me and that's where they will stay. We entered the throne room to find the Queen glaring at us.

"You're late," she glared.

"My apologies your majesty, but I was doing some last minute Guardian business for Vasilisa Dragomir since I'm still considered her Guardian," Rose answered.

"What about you Guardian Belikov," the Queen prompted.

"I'm Princess Vasilisa's Guardian as well your Majesty," I answered.

"Well, all I wanted to let you know is that starting tomorrow both of you will be pulling Guardian duty on my historical records room three times a week," she said.

"Historical records room," Rose questioned.

"Exactly, it's a room where I keep all the historical records of our people and the records concerning our people from ancient, ancient times," the Queen answered.

"Why are we guarding this room," I asked.

"The Strigoi believe that there is some ancient script within the room and they want their hands on it so that they can maybe figure it out," the queen answered.

"But the palace is protected by wards," Rose added.

"I understand that, but St. Vladimir's was also protected by wards and those wards were destroyed and Strigoi were able to attack an Academy," the queen said.

"That was years ago. Since that attack all of the Academies have been heavily improved on their protection of its students," Rose said.

"Whether it was years ago or whether it was two weeks ago, I want this room protected at all times. You both are the best Guardians besides your mother Miss Hathaway and I want the best for something that might be in danger," the queen explained.

"We'll do it," I said before Rose could get even angrier and unleash her unstable attitude on our ruler.

Rose glared at me, but grudgingly agreed to it. The queen was delighted in our acceptance. She gave us good living quarters along with our original Guardian duties. Rose would always be with Lissa because of their bond so if anything were to happen to Lissa; Rose would be there to help her besides Christian, Eddie, and Mia. Apparently the queen enlisted in the help of Eddie to do the same duty we were doing on the days that we wouldn't be guarding this room. We were told to just stand outside the room and be actual guards.

No one was allowed to enter and because no one was allowed to enter no one should be coming out. It was that simple. We weren't even allowed to enter the room. The queen did say that if anything were to happen to her within the coming weeks that Rose and I were to enter the room and search for one single record. This record was what the Strigoi were looking for. We were to take it with us and fulfill whatever it said on the paper. I found that part a little hilarious, but I took it seriously like was supposed to.

Weeks had passed and guarding the room was absolutely boring. Rose and I found ourselves falling asleep at times. Although, Rose has been pulled into Lissa's mind a few times and she really hates that stuff. Lissa's darkness rage was still being monitored by Rose; well actually Rose was managing by keeping it away from Lissa by using the bond. It was a little frightening to see Rose lash out for no reason sometimes, but I felt relieved when I was the one she responded to, to help calm her down.

We were only supposed to guard this room for a few weeks since the threat of the Strigoi had been so high. Now that, that threat had died down somewhat, I had hoped that the Queen would want to let us go back to protecting our original charges. It's not that I enjoyed living at the palace because I did, but guarding a room with these historical records was really rather boring. Rose and I had been sitting on either side of the door on our prospective guard duty when both Lissa and Christian ran up to us.

"Hey, did you hear the commotion in the throne room," Lissa asked.

"No, we've been here," I said.

"The Queen and her guardians are under attack from Strigoi," Christian explained.

I looked at Rose and we both nodded our heads.

"Grab the one parchment. I'll meet you in the throne room," I told her.

She nodded and went inside the room to grab the one historical document that meant so much to the queen. I ran towards the throne room and made it in their just in time to see the Queen go down. Strigoi were everywhere. I launched into the battle and killed about a dozen. Rose was suddenly at my side and she killed a dozen more. Tasha Ozera had joined the battle along with Lissa, Eddie, Mia, and Christian. Together we defeated all of the attacking Strigoi. I ran towards the queen and propped her head up.

"Take care of the prophecy and see that it gets fulfilled," she coughed out.

"My queen, stay with us," I pleaded.

"It's too late for me, but it's not too late for all of you. Tasha Ozera, take over the throne until the rightful queens arrive to help us," she said.

"What do you mean by the rightful queens," Tasha asked.

"It's in," she coughed, "the prophecy," she finished heavily.

Rose was about to ask her another question, but her eyes closed and she was gone. We gave her and her many guardians that didn't make it a swift ceremony. Before we left Philadelphia, Tasha gave us everything that we would need to fulfill the prophecy.


We have been spending the last five years since we lost our queen to the Strigoi searching for the three females that the prophecy mentioned. Rose keeps the prophecy with her at all times and does not let anyone see it or hold it. Rhiannon Cullen was now with us, but the prophecy said something about three people.

One person would have the Hart and Strength, while another would have the temper and mind strength. The third person was the one that held them together as if she were an advisor. Neither female would be able to accomplish the prophecy without this third female. It was an odd prophecy at that, and I wasn't sure if any of them would understand it when we found them. Cullen wasn't a last name that sounded full of heart and strength.

"What do we do with this Cullen," I asked Rose in a whisper.

"We have to keep her. She may be a Cullen now, but she could have been a Hart before," Rose replied.

"Should we ask her," I asked.

"Hey, Cullen what was your maiden last name," Rose abruptly asked.

"My name isn't Cullen, my name is Rhiannon," Rhiannon answered acidly.

"Sorry, Rhiannon, what was your maiden name," Rose asked again.

"Knight," Rhiannon answered.

I looked at Rose. She seemed angry all of a sudden.

"Rose, calm down now. We will find them all," I said.

"It's been five years already. I want this over with so I can start a life with you," she said.

"I know. I want this to end to, but the Strigoi will not stop until they get their hands on the prophecy so that they can try and destroy the people that are meant to destroy them," I said.
She just nodded her head in defeat. I had never seen her defeated before; at least not since I was the one training her to become a good guardian in the first place. I pulled her into a hug and just as we were breaking the hug Rose heard screaming in the bathroom. I had forgotten that Rhiannon had gone in there.

Rhiannon's Point of View

I was getting fed up with these two. Yes, I'm grateful for this Dimitri guy for rescuing me, but I'd much rather have had it been Emmett. Emmett is the one for me and life without him was not something I could actually picture anymore. I just couldn't even see a future without him now that I'm having one of his kids. Oh, yes I've seen tons of different possibilities of futures for myself and Emmett. One involves this unborn child that I'm already carrying, plus two beautiful daughters.

I'm hoping that I succeed in getting that future. Another that I've seen involves me losing this one, but gaining two beautiful daughters. The final one involves no children, no Emmett, and not even Rosalie or Kira by my side. I end up alone for the rest of my life. I don't particularly enjoy that one because I feel that without my current friends and family I would have nothing whatsoever in my life. I'm sitting here wondering who these other two females that they are waiting for with all these other friends of theirs and dying for answers when Rose asks me a question.

"Hey Cullen, what is your maiden last name," she asked.

"My name is not Cullen, my first name is Rhiannon," I emphasized the word first.

"Sorry, so Rhiannon what is your maiden name," she repeated her question.

I had to think of something fast. By the sound of the question she wanted to know a certain answer. Mike's last name came up in my head so I blurted it out.

"Knight," I replied.

Rose's expression went from pissed to livid in a matter of seconds. Something must really be bothering her and it made me seriously curious as to what was bothering her. Dimitri embraced her in a hug instantly and her anger seemed to ebb away the minute she had contact with Dimitri. I heaved a deep sigh of relief and clutched my stomach just as a wave of nausea hit it. I swallowed it down as much as possible, but it wasn't good enough.

"Where's the bathroom," I asked breathlessly.

"Down the hall and to the left," Dimitri answered looking up from Rose's shoulder.

I practically ran towards the bathroom and emptied my already empty stomach into the toilet. Dry heaving was not fun, but compared to puking up actual food it was a slight blessing. I was only about sixteen weeks pregnant and still not showing, but I knew that I would be soon. I just hoped that nothing would be wrong with this child. I wanted to have a healthy baby in another few months. Okay, so I had a slight bump to my stomach, but it wasn't that noticeable.

At least I hoped it wasn't. I pulled out my cell phone and searched for Mike and Sarah's number. When I found it I sent them a text of apology and an explanation as to why I wasn't able to do it in person. I then sent a text to Emmett saying that I loved him and to keep searching for me. I wasn't even big on texting. I just didn't like it, but at the moment it's all I could do without feeling as if I was kidnapped. My phone vibrated and I looked at it to see a text from Emmett.

Rhia where are you? I'm not going to stop looking for you until I find you, but if you can
respond please tell me where you are.


I replied back with what I knew and that wasn't much. It vibrated again and Mike's response popped up.

Rhiannon, we both accept your apology and if you can help us look for you please let us know.

I replied with the same information I just sent Emmett, and just after I hit send a wrenching pain shot through my abdomen. I clutched it protectively and screamed as the pain shot through again. My knees buckled to the ground from the pain I was feeling.

"Make it stop, please make it stop," I screamed in agony.

The bathroom door was flung open and I saw Rose's dark hair flying behind her as she came to a complete stop in the doorway.

"Rhiannon, are you okay," she asked.

"Make it stop, please make it stop," I moaned.

"Make what stop," Rose asked me.

"Please make it stop," I cried clutching my stomach.

Rose must have figured something out, but I wasn't too sure because of the pain.

"Dimitri," I faintly heard Rose call.

"What is it," I heard the deep voice of Dimitri.

"Something's wrong with her. She needs the hospital," Rose said.

"Take her. If Lissa finds them and brings them here then I'll be here when they come," Dimitri said.

"Are you sure," Rose asked.

"Positive. We need to figure out if these women are nearby and if they are then explain to them the war and everything behind it," Dimitri said.

My eyes were closed shut really tight against the pain. I heard everything faintly, but I still heard it.

"How far are we from a hospital," Rose asked.

"You'll have to run until you get to the main road. Once on the main road you have to be very careful. Strigoi are out there still and I think they know that you have the prophecy with you at all times. The hospital is about five miles up the main road," Dimitri said.

"What is the name of the hospital," she asked.

"Northern Montana Hospital," he answered.

I felt my body being lifted off of the ground as Rose picked me up. She took me out the back door and started running. She seemed fast for a human unless she wasn't a human. I couldn't be sure. The pain enveloped me even more until I blacked out.

Rosemarie's Point of View

I don't know what I would have done without Dimitri. I was thankful that I was able to get him to see reason and that I didn't have to kill him when he had been turned. He always kept my anger under control and half the anger wasn't even mine, it was Lissa's that was being forced into me through the bond that we shared. It's not that I loved Lissa because I did, but sometimes this bond thing took too much toll on me.

When I heard the screaming coming from the bathroom I had looked around for Rhiannon and realized that she was in the bathroom screaming. I ran towards it hoping that she was alright even though she was a little infuriating. I flung open the door to see her on the ground and clutching her stomach.

"Rhiannon are you okay," I asked.

"Make it stop, please make it stop," she cried.

"Make what stop," I asked again.

"Please make it stop," she cried again clutching onto her stomach.

The girl's pregnant I thought to myself.

"Dimitri," I called.

He was by my side in an instant.

"She needs to get to the hospital, how far is it from here," I asked.

"About five miles up the main road. You'll have to run and be careful of your surroundings," he said.

"I will. What's the name again," I asked.

"Northern Montana Hospital," he answered.

I nodded my head and lifted her up in my arms. I ran out the back door and towards the direction of the main road. I may have been irritated by her, but if she was pregnant I didn't want her to lose her baby. I would never wish that on anyone at all. I ran as fast as my half-vampire self could run. It wasn't as fast as a Moroi or a Strigoi, but it was faster than a normal human and I prayed that she didn't notice.

She passed out when I was halfway towards the main road. Once on the main road I knew that running five miles with a hurting pregnant woman wouldn't get her to the hospital fast enough so I started looking for a passing car while I ran. I had been running for about an hour when a car started approaching. I flagged it down, but kept a good hold on Rhiannon.

"Miss are you alright," the driver asked.

"No, my friend here is in terrible pain. She needs to get to the hospital, but my car is about four miles back and broken down. Do you think we can get a lift," I asked.

"Yes, of course. Hop in," the driver said.

I laid Rhiannon in the backseat and then went to the driver's side of the car.
God forgive me I thought as I knocked the driver out and laid him on the side of the road. I got in and took off down the road towards the hospital. Rhiannon continued to moan and groan in pain as we drove.

"Hold on Rhiannon," I muttered as my foot hit the gas pedal further down.

We reached the hospital a few minutes later and grabbed Rhiannon from the back of the car and ran towards the entrance of the hospital.

"Somebody help me," I yelled running in.

The nurse at the station looked up and rushed forward.

"What's wrong with her," she asked.

"I don't know. All she's saying is 'make it stop'," I answered a little untruthfully.

"Let’s get her into a room and a doctor will be right in to check on her and run some tests," the nurse said.

She led me down a hall and into a private room where I laid Rhiannon on the bed. The nurse left soon after and I changed her out of her clothes and into a hospital gown. Her fists were clenched tightly in pain and nothing I could do would let her unclench them. I sat down by her bedside so that she wouldn't feel alone.

"Emmett," she whispered suddenly.

"Emmett," I answered.

She moved her head from side to side and I didn't know what I could do. I've never had to sit by Lissa's bedside so this was all new to me. I grasped one of her fists and started to caress it hoping that she would respond.

"Do you know what's wrong with her," a male voice asked.

I whipped around and saw a tall dark haired doctor standing in the doorway.

"No, she just keeps asking me to make the pain stop. I don't know what's bothering her," I answered.

"Well, let me take some blood and run some tests. She will have to stay here over night and unfortunately, we cannot allow you to stay with her," he said.

"Will you inform me of how she's doing the minute anything comes up," I asked.

"Of course, but I have to know your relationship to her," he said.

"I'm her sister," I lied.

"Well, let me have your number and as soon as the tests results come in I will give you a call," he replied.

"Thank you doctor," I said with a small smile and after giving Rhiannon's fist one last
squeeze I left the hospital and headed back to the house where I was hoping that Lissa, Christian, Eddie, and Mia had made it to the house with the other two. I pulled out my phone and called Dimitri.

"Hello," he answered.

"Have they gotten there yet," I asked.

"Yeah, they just arrived and they brought two young females with them," he answered.

"I'm on my way," I said.

I took one more glance at Rhiannon and then left the hospital.

Doctor's Point of View

I watched from a corner as this new patient's sister left. Something wasn't right with this patient. I had run the tests after I had taken some of her blood. I was just waiting for the results to come back from the lab. I dialed the number of a very close old colleague of mine.

I remember him so well because he was so different from all the other doctors. I mean he rarely used sick leave and he rarely took time off. When he did it was with his entire family and I held high respect for him. I went to my office to make the call. I just hoped that his number was the same. After I dialed the number it rang twice and then his voice answered the phone.

"Hello," he said.

"Carlisle hi, I'm not sure you remember me or anything, but I was just curious if you were busy at this time," I said.

"And who may this be," he politely asked.

"Dr. Bowmen from Northern Montana Hospital," I answered.

"Oh, yes Dr. Bowmen, good to hear from again. How may I help you," he said heartily.

"Well, a patient of mine was just brought into the hospital, well not really of mine, but a new patient was just brought tonight and her sister said that she was complaining of pain in the abdomen. I took some blood so that I could run some tests, but I'm confused because she doesn't seem to be in any pain when I touch her stomach," I said.

"That sounds quite odd. I'm not sure how you want me to help you," he said.

"Well are you busy at Forks Hospital," I asked.

"No, I'm actually on a four week vacation," he replied.

"Do you mind coming out here to take a look at her," I wondered.

"Of course not, I will be on the first flight out and get there as soon as possible," he answered.

"Wonderful," I said and then hung up the phone.

I didn't know what else I could do for this young lady. I mean she seemed to be hurting when she came in according to the nurse who helped them into a room.

Rhiannon's Point of View

I woke up in a hospital bed in the middle of the night. Rose was nowhere to be seen and I was happy about that. I had heard the name of the hospital that I was at so I uncurled my right fist and sent a mass text to my family and friends. Within seconds I received a text from my Emmett

Carlisle is on his way there. He's supposed to be helping an old colleague with a patient who's having abdominal pain

I replied with the truth because I just couldn't lie to the one I loved. A response came instantly again.

WHAT!!!! Are you alright? I'm coming with Carlisle stay there and don't let anyone into your room

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of seeing Emmett again. I wanted nothing more than to see him. Only he could make me truly happy. Him and this baby of course. I faked the pain as much as I could just so I could get out of the middle of the woods and to a place that would be reachable for my family.

I just hoped that Kira and Rosalie didn't make too rash of a decision and try to come after me, but knowing those two they definitely would do something stupid like that. I heaved a sigh and tried to get some sleep. I would be out of this hospital by tomorrow because I knew that Emmett and Carlisle would be running to get to me. I just hoped it was soon instead of later.

Rosalie's Point of View

We had been walking for hours and I just couldn't shake the feeling that these people were trying to do something horrible. The very thought of these Strigoi vampires wasn't pleasant, and if we needed to help them, then that was all fine and dandy, but Kira, Rhia, and I had our own battle to deal with and we couldn't really take on someone else's fight.

Kira I thought.

What she thought back

I still can't trust them I told her

I know. Something does seem a little off about all of them she answered.


I really enjoyed being able to communicate with her in my mind because it made keeping secrets a whole lot better and once Rhiannon was a vampire and all of her powers were awakened then we would all be able to communicate and locate each other mentally. We had to locate her and locate her fast. She was about five to six months pregnant already and she needed to be at home where Carlisle could keep an eye on her well being, plus I knew that this was tearing Emmett up a great deal. It had to be.

"Stop," Christian said suddenly and we all stopped walking.

"What," I asked haughtily.

"We're being followed," he said.

"How can you tell," Eddie asked.

"He's right we are being followed," Kira said.

I turned to her and gave her a quizzical look.

"In the treetops someone is following us," she told me.

I searched the trees and spotted none other than Jane from the Volturi, although she wasn't alone either. Darren, a Strigoi was with her. This made things absolutely worse. The Volturi were seriously evil if they began working with these Strigoi. I could smell the differences between the two.

Jane was one of us and Darren had that musty smell to him; the smell that screamed completely dead. I only hoped that we could get away before they decided to attack us. I continued to watch Jane and Darren with narrowed eyes, but they didn't do anything. Before anything could happen between Jane and me they both ran off. It reminded me of Victoria seven years ago when she and James went after Bella.

"They're gone," I said.

"Who," Christian asked.

"Jane and Darren," I answered.

"Who's Jane," Lissa asked.

"Jane is someone you don't want to cross ever. She is completely lethal and part of the Volturi guard," I explained.

"And the Volturi guard is," Christian prompted.

"The Volturi in general are three vampires who stole the throne from two ancient queens of Italy. They combined their strength with the Romanians and thought that they destroyed these queens. Then they went back on the Romanians and destroyed them, so basically they act as if they are the royal vampires now," Kira answered before I could even open my mouth to speak.

I knew she wanted to exact her revenge on the Volturi, but it might have to wait a little longer. Especially if we couldn't even find Rhiannon at the moment, and that was making me worried.

My revenge is not going to wait any longer I heard Kira growl in my head.

Kira, we have to find Rhiannon first and she has grow into her powers further I told her.

You're right, I get it, but they have terrorized the vampire world long enough. They need to pay for what they did she said.


I looked at her pulled her into a hug. She hugged me back and we both heaved a big sigh. We were all stressed out and we just needed to stop for awhile.

"Hey how much longer until we get to this house place you were all talking about," I asked.

"Not much longer. It's about another two and a half miles," Lissa answered.

"Damn it," Kira hissed under her breath.

"How fast can you all run," I asked.

"Exceptionally fast," Lissa admitted sheepishly.

"Is there something we need to all say in order to avoid suspicion from everyone," I prompted.

"Well, okay. Christian, Mia, and I are Moroi vampires. We feed off of humans, but it does not turn them into vampires at all," Lissa admitted.

"Wait, so your bite doesn't turn humans into vampires," I asked.

"No, only Strigoi vampire bites make other vampires," she explained.

"Then what about Eddie," Kira asked.

"Eddie is what is known as a Dhampir. He is half human and half vampire. Dhampirs are guardians for the Moroi. They are trained at the Vampire Academies that are strategically placed around the world," Mia offered.

"Okay, so now I guess we have to reveal a few secrets about ourselves," I said heaving a heavy sigh.

"That would be fair," Christian said.

I glared at him. His attitude was beginning to annoy me and if he wasn't careful I was going to kill him rather soon.

Rose calm yourself Kira encouraged.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head once.

"Sorry. I guess you can compare us to Strigoi in some way," I said.

"What do you mean," Lissa asked.

"Well, our kind feed mostly off of humans and our bodies host venom, which can turn a human into a vampire. There are a select few who feed off of animal blood, which gives us the topaz colored eyes. Some of us even have gifts," I explained.

"Gifts, what kind of gifts," Lissa inquired.

"Well, I have two brothers, and not blood brothers that I grew up with, but brothers all the same. One can read minds and the other can control emotions. My sister can see the future. My friend here has multiple gifts. I have been reincarnated. I had been destroyed five years ago and I had nothing, but now I have multiple gifts as well," I told them.

"Interesting, that's very interesting. So, it's like our specialization," Christian whispered.

"Specialization," I asked.

"Yeah, Moroi specialize in one of the four elements. There are water, fire, air, and earth," he
said.

"But isn't there normally five elements," I asked.

"Yes, there are. I have specialized in the element of Spirit and it's very rare for people to specialize in that one particular element that people think that those particular ones just haven't specialized yet. Also, Moroi who have specialized in Spirit also are better at using compulsion on others," Lissa said.

"Compulsion, what is compulsion," Kira asked.

"It's the ability to make others do as I wish," Lissa replied.

"Would you mind trying it on me," I asked.

"I don't Rosalie, something bad could happen," Kira cautioned.

"I promise I won't hurt her," Lissa said.

Kira was still skeptical, but I reassured her that everything would be alright. Lissa looked me straight in the eyes and focused her compulsion technique on me. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel anything, so I just stood there.

"Am I supposed to be feeling something," I asked.

"Usually, when someone is under compulsion their eyes glass over and they feel nothing but happiness inside," Lissa said.

"I don't feel a thing," I said.

"Then you must be immune. Different race of vampire means different results on our gifts," Mia whispered.

I was immune to compulsion.

"Let's continue walking we need to get there as soon as possible before this Jane character and Darren decide to attack again," Eddie said.

"Let's run," I smirked.

We all started running and were able to make it to the cabin within seconds. I was impressed that Mia, Christian, and Lissa were able to keep up with me. Kira stayed back with Eddie who was just slightly slower than the rest of us. Before we entered the cabin Lissa turned to us and the look on her face made me wonder what was going to happen.

"I hate to say this and I hate to do this to you both, but you will not be allowed to leave this cabin for awhile," she said.

"What do you mean," Kira asked.

"I'm sorry," was all she said.

I was getting pissed off now. We entered the door to see a man standing in the living room and a phone to his ear.

"Is she alright," he asked the other person.

There was silence and then his response.

"Yeah, they just arrived here," he answered.

I was completely confused at what was going on at the moment and I wanted answers.

"What the hell is going on," I asked.

"I'm sorry Rose, but we're holding you hostage right now," Lissa said lowering her head.

"Excuse me," Kira asked.

"We have no other choice. Our Rose is getting the third female that we have been searching for, for the last five years," Christian said.

"My name isn't Rose, it's Lillian," I said.

"But you said it was Rosalie," Eddie said.

"Yeah, that was a lie. My first name is Lillian," I replied.

I had to use my middle name as my first now because I couldn't give out any more information to these would be kidnappers. Yes, they helped us defeat the hundreds of Strigoi that attacked us in the small town, but holding us captive was not cool. Kira and I had to find a way out of here.

"Where's the third female," I asked tentatively.

"She was taken to the hospital due to some sort of abdominal pain," the mystery man said.

"And who the hell are you," Kira asked.

"Sorry, my name is Dimitri Belikov, I am Rosemarie's husband," he answered.

"Which hospital did she take her to," I asked.

"Northern Montana Hospital," he answered.

"Is she going to be alright," Kira wondered.

"Rose said that they took some blood to run tests and then she has to stay overnight for observation," he explained.

I looked at Kira.

Rhiannon and the baby she thought.

I'm calling out to Edward. He should be able to hear me I answered.

Good idea she said.

Edward, can you hear me I asked reaching out to my brother.

Rosalie is that you he asked me.

Yes, Rhiannon's at Northern Montana Hospital and there might be something wrong with her baby I explained.

We know. She texted Emmett and he's on his way with Carlisle to bring her home he said.
Perfect. Keep her in Forks. Kira and I are being held captive by a group of unknown vampires. Some are called Moroi, some are Dhampirs, and the other group that's hunting us are called Strigoi I told him.

I'll look into it for you he said.

Thank you brother I said.

I cut the connection between us and focused on my surroundings.


"What is her name," Kira asked.

"Rhiannon Cullen," he answered.

I smirked at that response. I was still pissed off though and things were not going to be pretty unless I got some answers around here.

"Alright, I want answers concerning this so called hostage situation," I asked with narrowed eyes.

"I'm sorry, but we don't know much. Rose knows more about everything we need to tell you and without her here we can't tell you much," Lissa said.

"Well how much longer do we have to wait for her," Kira demanded angrily.

"Not long at all," a female voice said from the back door.

I faced the back of the living room that led to the kitchen to see a young female with long dark brunette hair down to her waist. She was pretty I will give her that, but she had nothing on me. I glared at her and went to stand by Kira and started tapping my foot waiting for answers to my many questions about what the hell was going on. I just hoped that someone would start talking really soon otherwise there would be serious trouble.