Status: Kind of active... it's a new project :]

One Night Stand

Chapter Four

"You don't have to do this." She said as I pushed the trolley towards my car.

"Do what?" I asked smirking as she tried to keep up with my fast pace.

"You don't have to... you know... pay for, for my stuff and... "

"Could you stop stuttering?" I stopped and turned around when she came to a halt.

"I'm not stuttering! It's just hard to talk and run after you at the same time!" I sighed waiting for her to catch up before walking at a slower pace. She glared at me before purposely slowing down.

"You're getting on my nerves." I growled. She looked up at me, fake innocence covering her face but still looking kind of scared of the tone my voice had taken. "Do you want me to carry you all the way to the car, or do you think you could speed it up slightly?" She bit her lip before reaching my side and keeping my pace. "So, who was he?" I asked her, feigning non-chalance.

"Who was who?" She asked staring at the ground.

"Don't play dumb, that guy back there. 'The jealous prick'?" We reached the car and Del opened the boot. I slapped her hand away when she tried to take one of the bags out of the trolley.

"You don't have to be such a gentleman, you've already slept with me." She muttered bluntly.

"Maybe I want to do it again." I stated closing the boot and taking the trolley away. When I came back, Del was already in the passenger seat, fiddling with the radio. I started the car and drove back to her apartment, slapping her hands away from the radio when she couldn't stick with one station for more than five seconds.

[XxX]

"You won't be able to." I said as I opened the door for him, seeing as he had his hands full with the shopping.

"Won't be able to what?" He asked me confused.

"Sleep with me again. It was a one night stand, I didn't even expect you to stay around this long." I decided to tell him the truth, but refused to look him in the eyes. It was bad enough telling him that I didn't want him around with seeing his hurt or angry expression as I did it. He set the bags down on the floor next to the island in the kitchen and turned towards me as I stood awkwardly in the door way to the room.

"Well, I guess what darling, I'll be sticking around a lot longer than you expected." He replied slamming the fridge door with a little too much force, making the few items on top of the fridge wobble. I finally looked away from the keys in my hand up at Brian only to shy away again under his icy glare.

"I-I didn't mean to offend you-"

"Don't flatter yourself." He cut me off as he finished putting everything away and rounding the counter to stand in front of me.

"I just meant that I enjoy your company but all you were supposed to be was-" I stopped before I said something too personal.

"Was... ? What was I supposed to be to you?" He stepped forward making me back up until my back hit the wall behind me. "Tell me." He whispered in my ear making my knees weaken under me as he placed his hands on the wall either side of my head.

"Why do you always put me in these kinds of positions?" I questioned intentionally avoiding his question. He was about to speak again but a faint ringing stopped him before he could utter a word. He sighed, pushing himself off of the wall and entered my bedroom and answering the small black phone on my night stand.

"What?" He hissed in an aggravated voice. There was a pause while the person on the other end spoke before Brian spoke again. "Jesus, Ryan. I'm fucking busy!" He walked past me into the kitchen and picked his car keys off of the table and shoved them in his pocket.

"Doing fuck all to do with you, that's what I'm doing." Another pause "So what if I am? Fucking get Michelle to do it!" He looked like he was about to punch something as he hissed an aggressive 'fine' down the receiver and hung up on the other person without a good bye.

"I gotta go. Give me your phone." He ordered, picking up the mobile on my coffee table in the living room.

"What? Why?!" I exclaimed trying, and failing, to snatch my phone back. He handed it back to me after a couple of seconds anyway, so it didn't really matter.

"What did you do?"

"I gave you my number and you gave me yours." He stated before grabbing the back of my neck and pulling me into a sloppy french kiss, which was, even though I hate to admit it, kind of enjoyable. He winked at me before slamming my apartment door.

[XxX]

Brian's POV:

"What?! What was so fucking important that you had to call me down here on my fucking day off?" I yelled as soon as I entered Ryan, my co-worker's office.

"Thank God you're here! Everything, and I mean absolutely everything, is going wrong!" He looked almost hysterical as he stood from his big leather chair and made his way over to me. "You have to tell me what to do! I don't know what to do!"

"Jesus, calm down and explain what the hell is going on." I replied in a calm voice.

"Everything's donkey shit. Daniel hasn't come in to approve everything, he's gotten swine flu can you believe it? As soon as it's old news he gets it and Michelle, I don't why the hell Michelle isn't here but I can't find her anywhere and she's not answering her phone, her PA hasn't seen her, she's a useless PA, I've told Michelle time and time again to fire her but she just won't listen. I think she's gotten too attached to that incompetent-"

"You know, I stopped listening a while ago. Alright so what do I need to do? Daniel's job or Michelle's?"

Ryan shuffled nervously from one foot to the other and bit his lip "Actually, I need you to approve the articles and finish Michelle's piece."

"You're fucking kidding me! I can't stay here all day!" I yelled, completely frustrated at the situation. I, once again, had to pick up the pieces of everybody cock-ups. I hate my job.

"I'm sorry but I can't help. I already have to finish my research, organise-"

"You know," I interrupted "I already have a lot of stuff to do today, so if you don't mind, I'd like to get busy." I quickly exited his office and entered mine, sitting in my chair and called Del.

[XxX]

Del's POV:

I was sat quietly at my kitchen island with a cup of tea and a fag, the door to my balcony wide open to let out the smoke, reading a tattered old book I had found in my bedroom when my phone started to ring. I picked it up to check who had decided to disturb my peaceful moment, only to find that it was Brian. 'Arsehole'

"Brian, I really don't want to tal-"

"This won't take long, in fact I was just calling to tell you that I'll be busy at work all day. Do you know the coffee place near the art museum?"

"What? Yes, I know it why-"

"Meet me there at around 6 o'clock, ok?"

"Would you stop interrupting-"

"Ok, see you there baby."

"What I never agreed to this. And don't call me baby!" The only response I got was the dial tone. "It's always nice to be listened to." I mumbled sarcastically before slamming my phone down on the counter top, almost breaking the thing in the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so fucking sorry it took so long!! And I'm sorry for the swearing too! I love this story but I don't update it quick enough :(

If you have anything to say about this story like "it's ok, lots of spelling mistakes though" or "that's awesome! update soon!" or "that was shit! stop writing" or anything, please feel free to share :]