Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Don't Know Where The Hell I'm Going, But I'm Going After You

3 days came sooner than I had expected. I was now standing outside my apartment with my overnight bag in my hand, waiting impatiently for Cristina to come and pick me up.

I figured out what I was going to do about Jon; if he wanted me so bad, there's no doubt in my mind that he would be fine with working for my heart. Well, atleast I hoped so.

Cristina soon pulled up to the sidewalk, and I quickly got in anticipating the day ahead.

"How are you?" She asked after a while. "Have a nice 3 days of thinking?"

"Somewhat. I figured that if Jon wanted me to fall for him, he could work for it" I said with a shrug.

"Very smart idea" She commented, "I should've thought about something smart like that"

I laughed, "Just curious, how did you hook up with Kris?"

She shrugged, "We met at a party. My ex-boyfriend knew him really well, and he hooked me up with him. This was about 3 years ago"

"Your ex was perfectly fine with hooking you up with another guy?" I asked surprised.

"Well, no. But we were still friends, and he was a decent guy. He thought me and Kris would be good together, and well the rest is history. Here we are 3 years later happy as anything" She said with a huge smile.

"3 years? Damn, you guys ever think about getting married?"

"Well, it's come up before, but he never actually got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, but we've talked about it"

I nodded, "Understandable"

"And with his career it's pretty hard" She went on, "It's been hard to actually keep a relationship, never mind getting married. We've broken up 5 times in the past 3 years because of his career. Nothing permanent of course, but just little breaks"

I instantly became worried about that happening to me and Jon. The last thing I wanted was to fall for him and have us break up because of his career. For sure that would mess up his game and my attitude.

Cristina must have noticed the worry on my face, "Don't worry Ash, Jon isn't like Kris" She reassured me.

"I guess you're right" I admitted with a sigh, "I'm just scared, you know? I haven't had a boyfriend since Adam, and that was ancient history"

She gave a small smile, "Jon isn't Adam. Far from it"

"I know. That's what everyone keeps reminding me about, and that's what Jon even told me"

"That boy really likes you. I don't think the guys ever seen Jon so crazy about a girl before. You make him nervous though, almost give up. I've never even heard of Jon giving up before, until he met you"

"I feel like a huge bitch. now"

She shook her head, "No, no, no. Don't. It's not a bad thing. He just knows you're very hard to get through to. Which you are, especially when it comes to guys. I don't think Brent has ever been turned down before until you came along"

I yawned, and nodded my head, "Wake me up when we get there please? I could use all the sleep I need. This is going to be a long day"

She looked at the time, "We should be there around 6, which means that we'd be an hour early for the game. You have plenty of time. I'll wake you up when we get there"

I thanked her, and leaned my head against the window. After a while the steady movements of the car quickly put me to sleep. I was nervous about seeing and talking to Jon. Guess I have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

____

"You ready?" Cristina asked, nudging me.

We were standing in front of the Blackhawks' locker room, waiting to see the guys.

I sighed, "Here goes nothing"

We walked inside, and all the guys' heads turned. When they saw us, smiles lit up on their faces, and Kris was the first one to run over to greet his girlfriend. Austin and Pat ran over to hug me, and Jon stayed off in the corner, the grin never leaving his face.

"How are you?" Austin asked, pulling me in for another hug.

I smiled, happy to see my brother again, "Better then I was when you left. How's Chrissy?"

He smiled, "She's great. She's actually sitting down, waiting for you guys to go over there"

Patrick pushed Austin out of the way, "Ashlee!"

He pulled me into a hug, and picked me up spinning me around, "Pat, put me down" I said in between smiles and laughs.

He set me down on the ground and smiled, "How'd your games go?"

Austin cut in again, "It was great! We won all of them so far! I didn't get to play though" He added in, obviously a little dissapointed.

"Aww, I'm sorry Austin, I'm sure you'll play soon"

"I hope so," He muttered.

Austin went back to getting ready for the game, and Pat took the opportunity to drag me outside, and interrogate me on my intentions.

"So," He started, leaning against the wall for support, "What are you gonna do about Jon?"

I shrugged, "If he wants me so bad, he can work for me"

Pat groaned, "Ash, don't play games"

"I'm not playing games!" I said defensively, "I just want to see if he's for real. Leave me alone"

He sighed, "Alright. You're lucky that kid is almost head over heals, because you wouldn't be getting treated like a little princess"

"Does that make you the court jester?" I mocked.

He glared at me, "You know, you're a bitch"

I smiled sweetly, and walked back into the locker room.

"There's my pretty girl!" I heard Brent yell from the side.

I cringed and walked over to him, "Hey there, stud"

Over the 2 months that I've known Brent, he kind of grew on me, and I started becoming comfortable around him.

"How've you been?" He asked, pulling on his skates.

I shrugged, and sat down on the bench in front of him, "Okay I guess, could be better"

"Jonny boy troubles?" He asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "Does everything I do center around Jon?"

He shrugged, "Just a little bit"

"Ash, come on, we better get going" Cristina said, "Chrissy's probably getting bored"

I nodded, and turned back to Brent, "Well, that's my cue to leave, I'll see you later. Good luck"

He smiled, "Thanks. You too, beautiful. You'll be fine, I promise"

I smiled, and followed Cristina out of the locker room. I was pretty upset that I didn't get to talk to Jon, but I was really not looking foward to the talk we were probably going to have after the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
i managed to get this out with the pile of homework i had.
soo, comment and subscribe? please?
i'm so happy with this story. i have a feeling you guys really like it.
feedback is awesome(: