Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Set Them Up To Knock Them Down

"When'd you get that dress?" Austin asked, "Isn't it a little too short?"

I rolled my eyes, "Austin, it's 3 inches above my knees. It's not short" My brother expected me to act like a nun, and apparently, dress like one too.

"I don't want those Blackhawks checking out my baby sister," He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, and shoved him, "Shut up, Austin. I'm not 10 anymore. I'm 20. You're not my father"

He put his hands up in defense, "Sorry, sorry. You look beautiful, as always. Better?"

I smiled, and continued applying eyeliner to my green eyes, "Much. Thank you"

"Hurry up, the party starts in about 20 minutes. Pat's apartment is 10 minutes away"

I rolled my eyes, "Ever hear about being fashionably late?"

"No. Sorry, I'm not a celebrity" He said, sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, "Just because you're not one, doesn't mean you can't act like one"

He shrugged, "Let's just go," I knew he was anxious, so I finished the final touches on my hair, and followed him out the door.

________________

We arrived at Patrick's apartment 5 minutes before the party was about to start. I rang the doorbell, and tapped my foot anxiously as I waited for Patrick to answer the door.

The door swung open, and a tall brown haired boy looked at me and Austin surprised, "You're not the delivery guy," He said matter-of-factly.

I laughed, "No, actually, we're Patrick's friends"

The boy smiled, "You're way too pretty to be one of Patrick's friends. I'm Brent,"

A blush crept up onto my cheeks and Patrick appeared behind Brent, "Sorry about that, we thought it was someone else," Patrick pushed Brent out of the way and hugged me.

He let go, and smiled over at Austin, "Good to see you, kid" They did the little bro-hug, and I smiled.

"Aw, how cute, best friends re-united," Austin pushed me lightly.

"Come in, the party just started" Patrick led us in and closed the door behind us.

The party was in full swing. There was music blasting from the speakers, and drunk hockey players, plus people dancing were scattered among the room.

"Wow Pat, you really know how to throw a party" I commented.

He smiled, "Thanks, come on, I want you to meet a couple of people"

He dragged us to a bunch of people who were drinking and laughing, "Guys," Patrick said, grabbing their attention. They looked over at me and Austin, and smiled.

"Austin, Ashlee, this is Brent, Kris, Brian, Andrew, Cristina, and Jonathan" After he introduced us, he looked over at Austin, "Austin, there's this really great girl I want you to meet,"

Austin smiled and looked over at me, "You gonna be okay kid?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm a big girl, Austin. I can take care of myself"

"Yeah, Austin, she could take care of herself," Brent said grinning.

I rolled my eyes and Austin and Patrick walked over to a blonde who was standing in a corner talking to her friend.

"So, what's the chances of me getting you number?" Brent asked, winking.

I rolled my eyes, "No chance whatsover, sorry"

"You have a boyfriend?" He asked, a little hurt that I turned him down.

I shook my head, "Nope"

The girl Cristina came to my rescue, "Leave the poor girl alone Brent, find some new prey for tonight"

He sighed in defeat, "Damn, you're a challenge"

I laughed, "Sorry, guys are just scumbags"

Cristina smiled, "I like this girl!" Kris frowned from next to her, "Thanks, babe"

She smiled and kissed his cheek, "I love you"

I smiled. They were cute together. I looked over at Jonathan, who was quiet. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. He was extremely cute, looked like a little bit of a player, but he was extremely cute.

"So," Andrew said smirking, "Since Brent over here couldn't score with you," Brent scowled, "What are the chances of me scoring?"

I laughed, "Sorry, no chance for you either. Anyone else wanna try?"

Jonathan smiled, "So, you wanna dance?"

I smirked, and decided to tease him a little bit. Just because he was cute, didn't mean I was going to be wrapped up in him so easily, "Nah, I'm good actually"

"Damn girl, do you have like a super secret crush on Kaner over there?" Brian asked.

I shook my head, "Nope. I just know hockey players, and guys for that matter"

Cristina laughed, "You know, this girl could just be my new best friend. Guys, why don't you go get us some drinks"

"You only need two guys for that. I wanna spend some time with the pretty girl" Brent said, not giving up.

I laughed and shook my head, "No, I think you all need to go"

The boys sighed, but walked away to get some drinks.

"Jonathan couldn't keep his eyes off you," Cristina said, smiling.

I looked over at him, and sure enough, he was staring at me. When he noticed I was looking at him, he quickly looked away, a little embarassed.

I laughed, "He's really cute"

She nodded, "So that's why you denied all the other guys,"

I shrugged, "Guys are just assholes. I learned from spending so much time with my brother and his teammates. The only two guys I do like are Patrick and Austin, well, cause he's my brother"

Her jaw dropped, "You're a lesbian, aren't you?"

I laughed and shook my head, "No, I've had boyfriends. They all cheated on me, and lied. I can't deal with that"

"Smart girl," She smiled, "You should get with Jon, girls that I know that dated him said he was a total sweetheart"

I shrugged, "If he ever gets the nerve to talk to me"

As if on cue, Jonathan walked over, and smiled. He had a gorgeous smile that could make any girl melt. Cliche, I know, but so true.

"I can't believe I'm going to ask you this, again" He sighed nervously, "will you dance with me?

I looked over at Cristina who nodded, and I smiled over at him and nodded. There was no harm in dancing with him. Especially if he was completely gorgeous.
♠ ♠ ♠
second chapter.
comment, subscribe?
it's cooool.