Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Take It Easy Baby, We Can Make It Right

"What's up with you and Jon?" Rachel asked.

I shrugged, "Why do you care so much?"

"Just making conversation. I'm trying to be your friend here, Ashlee. I don't know why you're putting up a fight"

I thought for a minute, "I wonder. Maybe because you're trying to get on every guy here, including Kris. He's Cristina's boyfriend if you haven't noticed. And back off my brother, alright? He has a girlfriend who's the best thing that ever happened to him. I don't need you to screw that up for them. As far as Jon goes, you can do whatever you want, if you think you're going to get him, you're terribly mistaken"

"See, that's where you're wrong Ashlee" She spoke coolly, "You're the one who puts up a fight every guy who lays an eye on you, that's including Jon. However, I don't. You always want what you can't have, right?"

"You're a bitch" I spat, "Come anywhere near Jon, Austin, or Kris, and I'll be sure to kick your ass myself. And if you think Cristina's going to let you get away with this, you're seriously twisted"

She shrugged, and walked off probably to go find Brent and complain to him about how much of a bitch I am. The most intresting things happen at one of Patrick's parties.

"Hey beautiful," I felt Jon's breath on the back of my neck and turned around, the smile instantly lighting up my face.

"Hey," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, and continued to glare daggers at Rachel's back while she was working on Patrick. I forgot to warn her about messing with him too.

"Ashlee, if looks could kill, Rachel would be dead right now" He whispered in my ear in case of anyone overhearing.

I nodded, "That's the point. I'm just hoping it'll work. I've had enough of that bitch"

He smiled and grabbed my hand, "Come on, you need to cool off"

"It's freezing outside, I hope you noticed" I whined. It wasn't really that cold since it was only October, but I wanted to make sure Patrick didn't get himself into any trouble.

Jon noticed the worried look on my face, "He'll be fine Ash, he's a big boy. He can deal with sluts. He's dealt with them before"

He gave me a reassuring smile, and tugged on my hand. I gave in, and left with Jon, hoping Patrick has enough common sense to stay away.

____

"I feel like such a little kid right now" I smiled, swinging back and forth lightly on the swing set.

There was a comfortable silence and I was enjoying it. It was so easy being with Jon, I didn't have to think about what I was going to do next or what I should do, everything just came naturally.

"You know" I started, "I didn't think you'd get me to this point"

He grinned, "What point?"

"Breaking down my walls, I guess you could say" I admitted, "The only other guy who did that was.."

I paused for a minute and Jon smiled, "Adam?"

I nodded and let out a sigh, "Yeah, Adam. God, I was so stupid"

Jon shook his head, "You're not stupid Ash. You didn't know he was a major asshole. Tell me about him"

I shook my head, "I'm pretty sure that's something you don't want to hear about"

He shrugged, "If it's something you're okay with telling me, then I want to hear about it. I want to hear about stuff that made you happy"

"It's another guy" I pointed out, "which means, not you"

He shrugged, and made himself comfortable on the ground in front of me, "I'll be sure to take notes. Now, talk"

I took a deep breath, and decided to tell him since I knew he wasn't going to give up until I told him, "Okay, well, when I met him he was the sweetest guy you could ever meet, well, besides you of course" Jon smiled, "It only took a week for me to trust him, and then a couple of months for me to fall for him. It was something you could only read about in fairytales. And then he started partying, getting drunk, and everything went downhill from there. Then the whole party thing" I shook my head, "Well, that's something you already know about"

He nodded, "Did you love him?"

I let out another sigh, "I don't think you could call it love, really. Maybe infatuation. What about you Mr. Hockey Star? I haven't heard anything about your past realtionships"

He laughed, "Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged, "Well, considering you're so involved in my past, why not?"

He grinned, "It's really not that intresting"

"Tell me about Brooke" I said with a grin. I knew that would hit a nerve.

He sighed. I was right, "I met her at Pat's party, just like I met you" I wonder if he meets all his girlfriends there, "She was a really cool girl, and we dated for a while. We broke up, and then I got drafted to the Blackhawks. As soon as she found out, she came crawling back just because I was making money and was well-known. She wanted that, and since I was so in love with her, she thought I would take her back. But I wasn't that stupid"

"You were in love with her?" He nodded, "Ew, Jon"

"She wasn't like that!" He protested, "She was actually a natural blonde back then"

I rolled my eyes, "Her hair's not natural? I never would have guessed"

"You're such a bitch" He smiled, and kissed me quickly.

"And you're an asshole" I said when he pulled away, a smile lingering on my face.

"There's something I want to ask you" He said timidly.

"Of course. What's up?"

"Well, first of all, I wanted to know what you call this whole thing?" He said, pointing to me then him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, a little confused.

"Do you consider this as dating? Or what?"

I smiled, "I'm not the guy, I can't make that decision"

"Aw come on, Ash" He begged, "I don't want to say something screwed up"

I laughed, "Alright, how about dating for now? Things can be made official as time goes on, is that okay with you?"

He nodded, and kissed me softly, "It's perfect with me"

Something told me that thing's wouldn't be perfect for long, and another part of me was saying to watch out for Rachel.
♠ ♠ ♠
this sucks. sorrry. but i couldn't really think of anything.
comment, please? and subscribing is cool too.
i lost a subscriber on the chapter before this, and was pretty upset.