Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Our Very First 'Date'

Patrick's P.O.V:

"So, is everyone good with the plan?" I asked, looking around at Brent, Cristina, Kris, and Austin.

Brent shook his head, "Uh, I'm not. Come on Pat, why can't you hook me up with her?"

Cristina smacked his shoulder, "Because, stupid. Don't you realize how perfect they are together?"

"It doesn't matter how perfect they are, Ashlee's never going to go for this" Austin said shaking his head, "I know my sister"

"Which is exactly why they're not going to know genius" I said obviously, "it's called a plan"

"Are you positive this is going to work?" he asked skeptically.

I nodded, "Trust me on this"

He sighed, "Okay. I swear Pat, if my sister comes after me about this I'm blaming you"

I laughed, "Fair enough"

Cristina dug her phone out of her bag, and began dialing Ashlee's number. She put the phone on speaker so we could all hear.

"Hello?" Ashlee's voice came from the other end.

"Hey girl, it's Cristina. What are you doing tonight?"

"Oh hey Cris. Um, nothing much, hanging out with Austin. We haven't hung out together that much since we've been to Chicago"

"Well, Austin told me and Pat that he wants to hang out with you and everyone else tonight. So, what do you say?"

She sighed, "Okay, that sounds good, actually. What are we doing?"

"Well, we were thinking about dinner or something like that"

"Alright, that sounds good. So, should I head over to Pat's?"

I shook my head furiously over at Cristina, "Nah. Just go straight there. We'll just meet you there"

"Okay, sounds good. I'll see you later Cris"

"Bye Ash"

I smiled when Cristina hung up the phone. She did such a good job bullshitting, if I didn't know about this whole plan I would've fell for it just like Ashlee did. Now, all I had to do was call Jon and make him agree to go tonight.

"Jonny boy" I sing-songed when he answered the phone.

"What do you want Pat?"

"How about hanging out with your best friends tonight? Ashlee will be there" I said suggestively.

He sighed, "I can't Pat, I have a date tonight"

Every jaw in the room dropped to the floor. Everyone was so sure that Jon wanted to get with Ashlee, and now he has a date with another girl. I don't know if Jon was disscouraged or if he was seriously giving up on Ashlee.

"Please tell me you're kidding"

"Nope" I could tell Jon was upset about not getting to hang out with Ashlee tonight.

"Cancel the date Jon, come on" I was begging now. If Jon didn't go, there was no point for the whole set up.

"I can't Pat"

"Why not?"

"Because, I have a chance with this girl, unlike Ashlee"

"Dude. you have a chance. God damn, just fight a little bit for her. It's not going to kill you. I promise"

He sighed, "Alright fine, but I'm going to be a little late. I have to go to tell this poor girl I can't make it"

I smiled, "Right. See you later Jon"

Plan Ashlee and Jon: Success.

____

Ashlee's P.O.V:

"Austin, I'm leaving" I yelled out to my brother, finishing up my makeup.

He walked into the bathroom and leaned against the doorframe, earning a frown from me, "Austin, why aren't you ready?"

He looked down at his T-shirt and sweats, "I am ready"

I rolled my eyes, "You can't go to a restaurant looking like that, Austin"

He shrugged, "No one's going to judge"

"Whatever. Are you coming with me or not?"

He shook his head, "Nah, I'm not. I have to go pick something up at Pat's, then get Chrissy"

I nodded, "Alright. I'll see you later"

I gave my brother a quick kiss on the cheek, and grabbed my car keys, "Hey Ash?"

I turned around, "Yeah?"

He grinned, "You look beautiful"

I smiled, "Thanks, Austin"

20 minutes later, I arrived at the restaurant. It looked like a very fancy place. There is no way in hell Patrick or anyone else would ever agree to eat here. Something definetly didn't seem right, but I ignored it and walked inside anyway.

"Um, hi, I have a reservation under Kane" I said to the hostess.

She smiled and nodded. She grabbed a menu and lead me to a booth where Jon was sitting. Alone. Candlelight. Wine. Flowers. I was going to kill Patrick.

"Jon" I smiled.

He looked up and smiled at me, "Hey. Sit down"

I threw my bag and my coat on the leather seat, and slided in, "Tell me we've been set up"

He laughed, "We've been set up. I can't believe Patrick did this"

I smiled and grabbed my phone out of my bag. 'You are so dead when I see you' I typed quickly to Patrick on my blackberry. I would've texted Austin, but I figured he was having sex with Chrissy on the couch since he wasn't coming, so I easily avoided that.

Two seconds later, I got a response, 'Lol, well I guess you're never going to see me again. Lol, have fun. Getum, Ash(;'

I rolled my eyes, and threw my phone back in my bag, "I'm sorry Ash"

I looked up at Jon's devastated face, "No no no, don't be. This could actually be fun. You and me. Candlelight. Wine" I muttered the last two parts.

He smiled, "You look really uncomfortable. How about we just ditch this place and maybe get a burger or something"

I grinned, "That sounds perfect"

Jon dropped a 20$ on the table to pay for all the trouble, and leaving before we even got a meal, and we left.

"Why would Patrick set us up?" Jon asked, crossing his legs on the park grass.

I shrugged, "Pat's wanted us together since the first night I met you"

"I have to admit, he got us pretty good. Did you have any idea?"

I shook my head, "Nope. Not at all. Did you?"

He shook his head, "Nope. I had a feeling though when the hostess brought me to the booth with the candelight and whole romantic setting. I knew that the guys wouldn't deal with that shit"

"I don't even think we would've went to the restaurant if everyone came with us"

Jon nodded in agreement, "Come on. We better go. I'll drive you home"

I shook my head, "I can't. Austin and Chrissy are there"

I shuddered and Jon laughed, "Well, you could come back to my place. We could just watch a movie. You know, if you want to"

I smiled, "I would love to"

Maybe this whole setup thing wasn't that bad after all.

"So, what do you have to watch that's good?" I asked, looking over Jon's movies.

He shrugged, "I don't know, honestly. I've been so busy with hockey I never had time to watch a movie"

He handed me a bottle of water, and I smiled, "Thanks"

He nodded and looked through the movies, "I have shit here. How about we just watch some T.V?"

Jon grabbed the remote and landed on a old Blackhawks' game, "Do you mind?"

I smiled and shook my head, "Not at all. I would love to watch you and Pat play"

He smiled, and turned it on. Pat and Jon looked so happy playing on the team. I only wish that could be Austin one day. I know that it was his dream to play on the NHL. The game ended after a while, and I looked at the time.

"It's kind of late to go home, you know" Jon commented.

I nodded, "I know"

"You can just stay here if you want. I honestly don't mind"

I nodded a little hesitantly, and Jon noticed my uneasiness, "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything. I'll take the couch, you take my bed"

I shook my head, "No, I'm not taking your bed. The couch is fine"

He shook his head, "Please Ash. I'd feel terrible knowing that you're sleeping on the couch. Just take my bed"

I sighed, "Alright. Good night Jon"

He smiled and opened his arms. I laughed and gave him a quick hug before I went to sleep.Thank you, Patrick
♠ ♠ ♠
IM SORRRRY.
this took forever to get out! im sososososo sorry.
this is a long chapter though, so i hope you guys enjoy it, and that it makes up for it.
comment and subscribe. 45 subscribers and 20 more readers and you have yourselves another update.
get on itttt.

just thought you should all know, i see a sequel in the story's future(: