Status: It's Going Well, chapters are making good time =]

On the Brinks

Secret Hand Shake

Years Earlier...

“Remember Bethany I will always love you. No matter what happens, this will not be the last time I see you. Now remember to write, miss you already Beth. Bye!” Her mum said this, but it was an empty promise, it meant nothing; in fact, this was the last time Bethany saw her gushing mother. A nasty divorce had separated her loving parents, Jack and Georgia. Bethany and her younger sisters, Dayton and Dahlia never thought anything could happen to there loving family, or the fetching little farm house, but it did. Georgia had been secretly unhappy with her life, and it resulted in cheating on her wonderful husband with Bethany’s fourth grade teacher, Mr. Larry Hyde. Mr. Hyde had always hated Beth, mostly because he thought she was depressed. However Bethany was just having issues and was not a very bubbly person, he of all people should know about these problems. This divorce led to battles over custody. The twins stayed in Farmville their mother and Bethany moved to California with her father.

“Alright Class, let’s welcome our new student, Bethany into the classroom.” Beth had begged to be home-schooled after her last experience. Then begged even more, after seeing that all the other girls in her 2nd grade class had sun highlights and were tanned. But there was that one girl, she stuck out. Her hair was frizzy and her face was quite pale. Bethany was placed next to a couple of blonde girls. She smiled meekly and in return one of the pulled on her braid.

“Sorry, thought it was fake!” And they all laughed, even the teacher chuckled. However, the red head immediately got up and pounced on the girl, roaring and looking just like a lion. The girls screeched and scattered around the room, trying to get attention.

Two girls sitting side by side in the principal’s office. “Hi, I’m Faith!” They had been sitting in silence this whole time, Bethany studying the grass stains on Faith’s jeans and Faith staring off into space.

“Howdy, I’m Beth.” She held out her hand but Faith just giggled. The next ten minutes consisted of the Frizzy Haired Lion teaching Braid-Girl a secret hand shake.

A Few Years Back....

“I think this one makes me look fat!” Beth said, crinkling her nose and looking in the big spotless mirror. Her and Faith were trying on prom dresses, even though we’re only 14. They did this once a year, though today Faith wasn’t trying on any of the dazzling dresses.

“Beth, you’re never fat. In fact, you have become quite pretty over the last few years.” She thought about it, it was kind of true. She had ditched the braids a few years back and sadly, her hair was beginning to look like all the other girls. Bethany still had her freckles though and the girls still picked on her for it. Faith had become her body guard, not letting anyone tease Beth, but they still did when Faith was out sick or on vacation.

Bethany was wearing a sleek green dress that complimented her eyes. Faith was sitting on a velvet couch behind her and watching intently. She had been sitting in the same spot the whole hour, slightly sipping at a Fresca through a straw. No one wanted to get rat disease.
Bethany twirled and curtsied, she was still that little girl. Suddenly, the dinging of her phone chimed in her fringed bag, making Faith jump a little. Beth ran over to the couch and fell on top of Faith, giggling as she dug through her bag. "Hi, Dad," she chirped into the phone. "Oh, we're at... we're at the cupcake shop. Ya, I'll be home soon. Okay, love you too, bye." Bethany's father didn't like it when they came to the dress shop, he would rather his daughter not go to prom at all. They were having some financial difficulties and had recently moved into a smaller apartment.

"Hey, Faith?" Bethany said, looking over at her friend who had been studying herself in the mirror. Faith looked over, asking her to go on with her eyes. "I gotta go, Dad is takin' me for dinner. See you tomorrow at school?" She said, scrambling out of the dress and slipping on her old jeans.

"Actually, my Mom is taking me out tomorrow, sorry." Faith said quickly, dodging the eyes of her friend. Beth finished buttoning up her plaid shirt, she nodded and grabbed her bag.

"Okay, I guess... Bye!" The Bethany proceeded to skip out the door, deciding not to give it a second thought.

Now...
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, hope that was an okay starter. Feel free to comment, or suscribe... or both!

Xx Suzie Q

PS, Rats Disease is a disease that you can get from the top of pop cans if they aren't cleaned or you don't use a straw. It's basically rat pee, from when the can has been stored in a factory.