Status: I'm done, yeah! i hope u like it.

Kigdom Hearts, A New Story Begins

VI

For the next couple days Axel sat by Kaxiaz’s side and took care of her. On the twelfth day of Kaxiaz sleeping her fever broke and she began to cool down. Axel removed the ice packs as well, which had started to melt for the third time that day.

“Now maybe she’ll wake up,” Axel said to himself.

It was now the thirteenth day and it was getting late. Roxas and Xion had come to visit, but nothing had changed. To Axel, Kaxiaz looked so calm when she was asleep. He didn’t want to take his eyes off her, but he grew tired and eventually fell asleep beside Kaxiaz.

“Come on,” said a girl, laughing.

“Wait up Kizaa,” said a boy.

Who is he, thought Axel, he looks sorda like me, and the girl looks like Kaxiaz.

Axel dreamed of a couple who were inseparable. Even though he had no idea who they were he felt like he knew them, like they were a par t of him.

“You’re buying this time Lea,” said Kizaa.

“Oh, I thought I did last time,” said Lea.

“Yeah, but I’ll let you buy,” giggled Kizaa.

“Fine, two ice-creams please,” Lea said to the clerk.

“Here you are,” said the clerk, handing Lea two ice creams.

Lea paid the clerk and him and Kizaa walked towards the station, arms wrapped around each other.

“What do you have planned for tomorrow?” asked Lea as he and Kizaa sat down.

“Noth much,” said Kizaa sucking on her ice cream. “Justh sume clweaning and dwaing.”

“Hah! I like it when you talk like that,” said Lea playfully punching Kizaa in the arm.

“Heh, well, it’s just ice cream in my mouth,” said Kizaa. “Hey, Lea.”

“Hmm,” Lea looked over at Kizaa and got ice cream smeared over his mouth and one side of his face. Kizaa laughed until Lea looked at his ice cream.

“Come here you!” laughed Lea as he chased Kizaa with his ice cream.

“Hah, no, no way! No, don’t! Ah!” Kizaa let out a squeal as Lea caught her around the waist and wiped ice cream over her cheeks.

“Got ya,” said Lea, not letting go of her.

“Oh yeah,” Kizaa twisted around to face Lea and kissed him. “Now you’re fine,” she said rubbing her nose against his.

“Yes, but I still have ice cream on me,” said Lea.

“SO do I silly!” laughed Kizaa.

“Well, let’s go get cleaned up so we can go find your little brother,” said Lea, walking towards the underground tunnels.

“Let’s go the other way this time,” said Kizaa.

“Okay, sure,” Lea turned around and walked off down the street, arm entwined with Kizaa’s.

Axel woke to Kaxiaz calling his name. He told her he was here for her, and then was surprised when she said something he thought she would never say.

“Lea, Lea, where are you?” Kaxiaz mumbled.

“Huh?” Axel looked at her confused. “I wonder if she’s having the same dream I had.”

Axel stood up and walked over to the window. He could just barely see the town below the Castle. The clouds covered up most of the top of the city, so no one really ever could see it was right under them. Axel put his head in his hands and began to cry. He didn’t hear Kaxiaz stir nor saw her look at him.

“Axel, what’s wrong?” said Kaxiaz in a soft voice.

“Huh?” Axel whirled around, looking Kaxiaz in the eye. “You’re alive!”

He fell onto the bed and hugged Kaxiaz tightly. He was still crying when he kissed her lips.

“I thought you’d never break from your fever, and when it did I so badly wanted you to wake up.” said Axel.

“Well, I’m awake now, so I guess I’m alive,” said Kaxiaz lying back down.

“I had the strangest dream last night,” said Axel.

“Oh,” Kaxiaz said.

“It was about a boy and girl named Lea and Kizaa. It felt so real, like I had been there, but I don’t know… It may have just been a dream,” said Axel.

“Funny you should say those names. I dreamed that too. Of two people; one named Lea and the other Kizaa. Lea looked so much like you, but, just without the tattoos under your eyes. And the girl he was with, Kizaa, looked a lot like me, but without the tattoos under my eyes as well,” said Kaxiaz.

“Do you think we are connected to them?” asked Axel.

“I dunno,” said Kaxiaz. “Maybe, maybe not.”

Axel laid there beside her till he stood up. “I better get down to work. You wanna come?”

“Yeah, let’s go,” said Kaxiaz sitting up.

Axel walked around to where Kaxiaz sat and stuck out his hand. “Let me help you up.”

“I got it,” Kaxiaz tried to stand, but fell on the floor. “Okay, maybe you should help.”

Axel wrapped his arm around Kaxiaz, and without warning, picked her up and carried her downstairs.

“Okay, you didn’t have to do that,” said Kaxiaz as they entered the Grey Area.

“Well, I did. Got it memorized,” said Axel.

“Yeah, I do,” said Kaxiaz laughing.

“You’re awake!” said Roxas and Xion as they ran up to them.

“Yes, and lame at the moment,” said Kaxiaz.

“Lame?” asked Xion.

“I can’t walk at the time,” said Kaxiaz.

Xion nodded and was about to talk again when Saix came in and spoke.

“You’re awake. You can return to your duties today,” said Saix.

“Um, Saix, I can’t,” said Kaxiaz.

“Why not?” asked Saix.

Axel put Kaxiaz in a chair and faced Saix.

“She hasn’t regained balance yet,” said Axel. “And I’ll do her missions until she regains balance.”

“Axel,” said Kaxiaz.

“Why would you want to do that?” said Saix. “You have your own missions.”

“Yes, but I want to help Kaxiaz out,” said Axel.

“Fine, but you go back to your missions when she’s able to walk again,” said Saix walking away.

Roxas and Xion looked at each other, and then followed Saix to find out what their missions were.

“You didn’t have to do that,” said Kaxiaz.

“I know, but I want to help you out,” said Axel.

He kissed Kaxiaz on the forehead then left for his mission. Kaxiaz sighed and opened her diary. When she opened it up a chain sat in the center, acting as a book mark. It looked a lot like the chains at the end of Roxas and Xion’s Key blades.

“Hey Roxas, Xion. Will you come here for a moment,” asked Kaxiaz.

“What do you need?” asked Roxas.

“Summon your blades for me please,” said Kaxiaz.

They did, but their chains where on their blades.

“Okay, you can put them away. I found this chain and I thought it was one of yours,” Kaxiaz said. She looked at the chain again then summoned her sword.

“What is it?” asked Roxas.

“Look,” said Kaxiaz.

In the center of her blade was an ivy indention, then a short, straight, intention under it. Kaxiaz looked back and forth from her blade to the chain. She finally placed the chain in her blade. It fit perfectly. Demyx was sitting not too far from where she was and was watching her. Kaxiaz looked at her blade again and gasped. A bright light was illuminating her sword. After the light faded, Kaxiaz inspected her sword. Nothing seemed different.

“Change.” She commended her weapon.

The sword transformed into a bow.

“Change.” She commanded.

This time, instead of turning back into her blade, it turned into a version of the Key blade. Everyone in the room was looking at her. Saix left in a hurry, where to, she did not know.

“How,” said Roxas.

“I don’t know,” replied Kaxiaz.

“Cool!” said Demyx scooting closer to see her blade.

“How did you do that?” asked Xigbar, walking over to her.

“It must be the chain,” said Kaxiaz. “Let’s see what happens when I do this…” Kaxiaz pulled the chain out and her blade returned to its original form.

“Hmm, must be,” said Xigbar. “Chika here has a unique weapon indeed.”

“Heh, thanks,” said Kaxiaz.

Xigbar then left, and so did Roxas and Xion. Demyx went on playing his Sitar and Kaxiaz read.

Kaxiaz looked up; where had she heard that song before? Demyx saw her staring at him and he softened his music.

“No, don’t stop,” said Kaxiaz. “I like it.”

“What! I thought you were staring at me so I would stop,” said Demyx.

“No, I wasn’t. Here, help me over to where you’re sitting,” said Kaxiaz.

Demyx walked over and helped her over to the couch. Once she was sitting down, Demyx grabbed his Sitar.

“Play what you were playing a moment ago,” said Kaxiaz.

“’Kay,” said Demyx. Demyx plucked the strings again and Kaxiaz replayed it in her mind.

“That…That song…It’s…It sounds like…Hmm,” said Kaxiaz. “It sounds like ‘Shadowing Dusk’.”

“Where did you get that idea?” asked Demyx.

“I don’t know,” said Kaxiaz. “I…”

Kaxiaz looked at the floor, pondering what few memories she had. “Demyx, Dyme. Wait…Demyx, do you remember things from before?”

“Sorda. I know I sang and rocked out,” said Demyx.

“Yes, yes! You’re Dyme! Well, his Nobody at least. You were a sensation in Twilight Town. All the girls were head over heals for you. One wanted to marry you,” said Kaxiaz.

“Sounds like one of my memories,” said Demyx. “Screaming girls and myself being pummeled.”

Kaxiaz laughed and Demyx played another tune. It sounded familiar as well.

“Let’s see, hmm,” Kaxiaz racked her till she looked at Demyx, smiling.

“What?” asked Demyx.

“’Heartless’!” said Kaxiaz.

“If you say so,” said Demyx. He started another song and Kaxiaz guessed it as well. For the rest of the afternoon, Demyx and Kaxiaz sat on the couch and listened to Demyx’s Sitar play song after song. Sometime after the twentieth song, Axel appeared, looking worn out.

“Hey Axel,” said Kaxiaz.

“What are you up to?” asked Axel.

“Just listening to Demyx play his Sitar,” said Kaxiaz.

“Aw,” said Axel.

“Why don’t you go get cleaned up,” said Kaxiaz. “Then come back and get me. Hmm?”

“Okay,” said Axel.

“I’ll make sure she isn’t attacked,” said Demyx.

Axel laughed and left the room. Demyx and Kaxiaz stayed where they were and kept playing songs.

“Aw,” said Axel as he washed his face. “That’s better.” He finished and walked back to the Grey Area. Demyx and Kaxiaz hadn’t moved at all since he had gone to his room. He walked over and stood behind Kaxiaz.

“You playing a new song Demyx?” asked Axel.

“Why don’t you ask Kaxiaz,” said Demyx.

Axel looked at Kaxiaz, confused. Kaxiaz giggled and indicated him to bend over.

“Listen and remember,” whispered Kaxiaz.

Demyx replayed the song and Axel closed his eyes. His face looked confused till he jumped.

“That song…it’s ‘Jar of Hearts’,” said Axel.

“So you remember,” said Kaxiaz.

“Yeah, I guess so,” said Axel.

Demyx nodded at Axel and he laughed.

“Axel, you ready to go to bed?” asked Kaxiaz.

“Yes,” Axel said rubbing his face.

“Let’s go. I’ll put you to sleep,” said Kaxiaz.

“Hah, okay. I’ll keep that in mind,” chuckled Axel.

Axel and Demyx came to her side, but Kaxiaz shooed them.

“I think I’ll try to do it myself,” said Kaxiaz.

She stood and wobbled, but caught herself and stood. She took a few steps, Axel right behind her. Kaxiaz walked up the stairs and down the hallway to Axel’s room; hand against the wall and Axel behind her with outstretched hands. As they were coming around the corner to Axel’s room, Roxas and Xion ran into them.

“You’re walking,” exclaimed Xion. “I’m so glad!”

“Me too,” said Roxas.

“Well, Axel here would like to sleep and I said I’d put him to sleep,” said Kaxiaz. “We better go or he’ll fall to the ground snoring.”

Roxas and Xion laughed and Axel blushed. They said good-bye to Kaxiaz and Axel and walked the way Kaxiaz and Axel had just come.

They entered Axel’s room and Axel flopped down onto his bed. Kaxiaz sat by him and started to play with his spiked, red hair. Axel rolled over to face her and put a hand on her knee and looked up at her.

“No Axel,” said Kaxiaz. “I’m just going to put you to sleep then go to my room.”

Axel sat up and kissed Kaxiaz over and over. How could Kaxiaz refuse him. She lay down next to him; but told him only till he fell asleep. Axel wrapped an arm around Kaxiaz’s waist and Kaxiaz put her hand over his.

“Axel,” said Kaxiaz. “Sometime, you, me, Roxas, and Xion all need to go to Twilight Town; sit up at the top of the clock tower, and have ice cream. I’ve missed out for; let’s see, almost two weeks.”

Axel chuckled. He scooted closer to Kaxiaz and she turned her face to his. He kissed her sleepily then laid back down. Kaxiaz smiled then lay back with him.

What the two didn’t know was that Saix was watching them.