Status: New Story XD

Because You Shine Brighter, Than Anyone Does

Look Into My Eyes, You Will See, What You Mean To Me.

“How is she?” I asked the doctor that monitored my mum in the mental hospital. Doctor Reid had been with my mum since she was admitted; he was the one to call about my mum when I was fifteen, when she tried committing suicide.

“Her condition hasn’t changed since she’s been admitted, well except for that one day. We always have a nurse looking after her twice as much when she’s Audrey,” I sighed. Why did this have to happen to us?
If mum hadn’t of gotten sick, then we wouldn’t have ever moved and I could’ve stopped Oliver from getting with the biggest slut the world has ever seen.
“Would you like to see her?” I nodded and he led me to her room. There was a nurse standing outside her room and it made me cringe. I walked in and stood by the door.

“Hello,” I said in a quiet voice as I walked over to the chair next to her bed and sat down; I didn’t wanna scare her. She was lying on the bed but was propped up by some pillows into a sitting position.
She gave me a wary glance and I knew that I wasn’t talking to my mum.

“Who are you?” she asked. Her finger was hovering over the nurse call button. She was very uncomfortable so I had to be extra careful with her.

“Meh name’s Emileh, ‘m Rebeka’s daughter. What’s yer name?” I asked carefully. She put her hand by her side again and I smiled faintly at her.

“I’m Janette, nice to meet you,” I smiled warmly at her and leant forward.

“It’s nice teh meet yeh. How are yeh today?” I asked.

“I’m okay; I’m a bit down though. I lost my husband ten years ago today,” and my smile faulted.

“Oh, ‘m very sorreh teh hear tha’,”

“It’s okay. He was a lovely man. I remember when we first met; it was like love at first sight. I met him at a carnival one night; my best friend at the time introduced us. We hit it off straight away.
He was such a gentleman; he was charming and he had this smile that made my knees melt. He offered to walk me home after the carnival and when we got to my house, he kissed me goodbye, then kissed the top of my hand and asked to see me the next day. After that night, you couldn’t separate us,” and she went on and told me all about him.
She told me about when they went on their first official date; when they first met each other’s parents; even about their first time having sex. She didn’t go into detail or anything.

I sat there listening to her talk for hours on end before it was time for her medication and for me to leave.
“You must come back and visit me again dear Emily. I’d love to tell you more about my dear Frank, and to get to know you a little better,” I smiled and stood up. I gave her a hug and kissed the top of her head. A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away quickly.

“Of course I’ll come back, I’d love teh hear more abou’ Frank. I’ll see yeh ‘round Janette,” I blew her a kiss and walked out of her room.
I was really hoping I could speak to my mum today; I hadn’t spoken to or seen her in over five years, but I’m glad it wasn’t one of her ‘difficult’ personalities.
I thanked Dr. Reid as I walked past and walked out of the building. As soon as I stepped out of that building I broke down and tears cascaded their way down my face.
I started sobbing hard when I heard a car door slam. I lifted my head and shot daggers at the person walking my way. I tried making a run for it but he was too quick and wrapped his arms around me. I started thrashing in his arms, trying to get away; I probably looked a right mess. He may be skinny but he’s fucking strong; so I started throwing punches into his chest.
I was so exhausted that I knew I wasn’t doing any damage.

“Fuckin’... let... meh g-go,” I sobbed but he didn’t let go, he just held me tighter.
“I don’...want yeh...fuckin’ touchin’...meh,” I stopped punching and collapsed in his arms. He caught me before I hit the ground and picked me up bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into his chest.

“Shh love, its gonn’ be okay, shh,” he walked over to his car and Tom got out and I couldn’t help but hide my face from him. I hated people seeing me cry, especially Tom and Oli.

“Whoa, wha’ happened,” Tom asked. I shook my head and Oli shushed me again.

“Jus’ drive ‘ome, okay,” he opened the car door and got in very carefully, as to not hurt me. My hands were still wrapped around his neck and his hands were around my waist, rubbing soothing patterns on my sides.
I didn’t care that I was supposed to hate him, because right now I needed him and Tom; and no matter what we go through and what happens between us, I know Oli will always be there to catch me when I fall, literally.
Tom pulled out onto the road and started driving to his house. My eyes started dropping, and in no time I was fast asleep and in the arms of Oliver Scott Sykes.

I awoke to someone gently shaking me and whispering in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes and looked out a car window; I stared out the window trying to piece together why I was actually in a car when it all clicked. I was at Oli’s and Tom’s parents’ house.
I looked over at Oli and he stopped shaking me; I hadn’t been to this place in ages. It was still the same though, except the garden was more full now; Carol always loved to garden.
I sighed and got out of the car, not saying a word, and walked inside. It hadn’t changed much on the inside either, there were a lot more pictures of Oli, Tom and pictures that Tom must’ve took. It still smelt like cinnamon and apple; it always reminded me of apple crumble.
I walked into the kitchen and Tom and Carol were sitting at the table drinking coffee. Carol still looked the same; she was one of the nicest people I have ever had the chance to meet; but don’t get on her bad side ‘cause she will scold you something cruel. She was always loving and caring, she supported both her sons 100%, she always spoke her mind and hated Sj just about as much as me, maybe even more.
She noticed me standing there with a small smile on my face and my hands in my pockets. She ran over to me and embraced in a massive hug.

“Oh Emileh, it’s so good teh ‘ave yeh back love. Hope meh boys ain’t been botherin’ yeh,” she laughed and I smiled.

“No more than usual,” and we both laughed.

“Come an’ sit down, ‘ave some coffeh an’ tell meh what yeh’ve been up teh,” we walked into the lounge room and sat down.
“Tommeh, two coffeh’s love,” we heard him groan and mumble something under his breath. Things haven’t changed one bit.

“I ain’t been up teh a lot. Before I moved back, I hadn’t been livin’ wif dad an’ Molleh since I were sixteen, I was livin wif meh best mate, Elseh. A couple o’ days before meh birthday, we flew over ‘ere. She had been gettin’ sick of Australia, an’ she wanted teh see where I grew up,”

“An’ ‘ow’s yeh mum,” my smiled faded and I sighed.

“As well as she can be. I went an’ saw ‘er today, hopin’ fha’ it was ‘er, but it weren’t. I was gutted,”

“’M so sorreh abou’ what yeh’ve been through. It must’ve been hard, not bein’ able teh see an’ talk teh ‘er,”

“It was horrible. I tried keepin’ meh mind off ‘er by partyin’ and goin’ teh school. I didn’t like thinkin’ abou’ ‘er bein’ over here all by ‘erself. I tried comin’ back when I was fifteen, but dad weren’t havin’ aneh of it,”

“’M sorreh love, I can’ imagine ‘ow bad yeh must’ve felt; an’ between yeh an’ meh, I never liked yeh dad an’ Molleh fha’ much,” I laughed but didn’t say anything.

“Where yeh stayin’ love?” Carol asked.

“In the pen’house suite at the hotel,” she gasped and I laughed.

“’Ow on earth are yeh payin’ fer tha’,” she scolded.

“Dad an’ Molleh put money onteh meh credit card every week,” I said with a shoulder shrug.

“Emmeh, yeh know yeh can stay ‘ere for as long as yeh like,” Carol stated.

“I couldn’t do tha’ Carol, I’d get in the way, an’ Elseh would as well, tha’ girls a handful,” okay, so I may be lying about being in the way, I just didn’t wanna be around Oliver. Carol would kick him out of his room and put me in it straight away, and it would bring back too many memories.

“Don’ be fuckin’ silleh Emileh. Yeh know damn well won’ get in the way,” It was very rare to hear Carol swear and when she did, Oli, Tom and I absolutely loved it. We heard the front door open then close; Oli was out there for a long time, probably talking to the skank.

“Olleh, yeh jus’ missed mum swearin’,” Tom yelled through the house. I heard a faint “fuck,” and I laughed.

“Thomas Sykes,” Carol scolded and I laughed again. “Yeh an’ Elseh can stay for as long as yeh want,” I smiled and reached over and hugged her.

“Thank yeh Carol,”

“Yeh can ‘ave Oliver’s bed an’ Elseh can ‘ave Tom’s; the little twats can sleep on the floor,” I was about to protest but she cut me off before I could say anything.
“Nope, I’ll ‘ave none of it Emileh. Olleh’ll take yeh teh get yeh stuff an’ pick up yeh friend,” I sighed and she called Oli down the stairs. He walked down wearing only tight ass skinny jeans and no top. I could see the top of his boxer briefs showing and I almost had a heart attack. No matter how many times I see his colourful body, my heart always seems to skip a beat or two.

“Yeah,” he asked as he pulled a shirt on.

“Take Emmeh teh get ‘er stuff an’ pick up Elseh; they’re stayin’ wif us for a while,” he nodded and walked over to the door to put his shoes on.

“We onleh need teh get Emmeh’s stuff; Elseh’s stayin’ wif Matt now,” I figured as much. Elsie was always a fast mover when it came to guys, but she must be smitten if she’s actually staying with him now. I got off the couch and walked over to the door.

“See yeh in a little bit,” I waved goodbye and walked back outside and over to Oli’s car. He was already in the driver’s side, waiting for me. I got in the car and didn’t even glance at Oli. He backed out and drove off.

“Wha’ happened back at the hospital?” he turned left at the end of the street and kept driving. I kept my eyes away from his and looked out the window.

“I don’ wanna talk abou’ it,” he sighed

“It’s not good teh keep it bott-“

“I said I don’ wanna talk abou’ it Oliver,” I closed my eyes so I could keep the tears from falling. Nothing else was said.

We arrived at the hotel and as soon as the car was parked, I quickly got out; eager to get away from Oli as soon as possible.
I raced over to the elevator and quickly got in and pressed the penthouse button. I sighed and finally let the tears fall down my face freely. I knew it was a bad idea to go see mum after I left the diner, of course Oli would’ve known where I went.

I got to my room and started gathering my stuff. I walked into the bathroom, grabbing my makeup and shampoo and conditioner. I walked into my bedroom and placed everything back into my suitcases; I walked back around the entire place and done one final check to make sure I had everything then grabbed all of my stuff and walked out the door. I got to the elevator and waited for it to open.
I was still crying, for some stupid reason; in fact I have no idea why I was still crying, I think I just needed to let everything out.
The doors opened and there stood Oli, I tried wiping my tears away, but they just kept on coming out. I dragged my stuff into the elevator and stood next to him; not even taking a side glance at him to see his reaction to my behaviour.

“Please stop cryin’ love. I hate it when yeh cry,”

“Like yeh fuckin’ care,” I muttered under my breath.

“What were tha’?” he asked. I finally faced him and shot him daggers.

“Like, yeh fuckin’, care,” the doors opened and I walked over to the reception desk to check out.
“I’d like teh check ou’ please,” I really couldn’t be fucked doing this; all I wanted to do was sleep and wish this past weekend never happened.

“Yes ma’am,” I gave him my credit card and paid for everything that was owed. He gave my card back and I handed him the key card. I picked my suitcases up and quickly walked out of the hotel and over to Oli’s car. Oliver followed and unlocked his car when he reached it.

“Em,” he tried talking but I cut him off with a “don’t” and nothing else was said for the entire ride back to his house.

As soon as he had parked the car I walked inside without my bags and straight up the stairs to Oli’s room.
It hadn’t changed much, except there were more posters on his walls and more clothes were scattered around the floor. I noticed a bong on top his dresser and I smiled.
I took all my clothes off, except my knickers and my tank and climbed onto his king size double bed. I immediately relaxed into the mattress and felt my eyes droop. I snuggled into his pillows, smelling the faint smell of his cologne and cigarettes.

No matter how hard I tried to deny it, I need Oli in my life and I’m in far too deep to get out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first song that came to mind when i was writing this chapter, i know it probably doesnt fit well, but i like it.