Caught in a Bad Romance

III.

“So which teams are here?” I asked Niko after Luka had excused himself to the bathroom.

“Us, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia, and Finland.”

“Well that just sucks.” I sighed folding my arms.

“You were hoping for who?”

“Bulgaria, that Berbatov is a complete fox.”

“Anyway, so seeing as you’re a self hating Croatian, what team can we expect you to be rooting for this time?” He asked me, making me chuckle.

“Not sure yet…” I paused to think, “Greece.”

“Out of all the teams why Greece?”

“I like their food.” I explained, making him laugh.

By 3 am, we were heading back to the rooms seeing as they had to be up in 4 hours to train all morning and afternoon.

“So what game is on tomorrow?” I asked Niko and Luka as we walked down the hall to our rooms.

“England against Russia.” Luka said as we got to the doors. “Are you going?”

“Maybe, if I go and England win it’ll probably ruin my trip so I might not.” I frowned as I slid the door key.

“So hang out at the hotel until our trainings over then we’ll go out for lunch and shopping or something?” Luka suggested as I heard him through the adjoined doorway.

“That could work.” I told him as I pulled out my pajamas and changed.

“Jesus Lena put some fucking clothes on.” Luka exclaimed as he poked his head in the room while I was putting the clothes I wore today in my bag.

“I’m covered.” I mumbled rolling my eyes.

“Niko you’re married stop starring at my sister like that!” He went on, as I looked up to see Niko with wide eyes.

“Good night boys, I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon.” I told them as I pushed Luka back in to his room.

While I got in to bed I turned on my laptop to check my email and make sure everything was going okay at work with out me. Of course everything was fine and just as I was about to shut off the computer, the guy from earlier came across my mind. What was his name again? Igor something? Casillas, let me just search that I guess. Sure enough that worked, turns out my knight in shinning Reeboks were from Spain and was a goalie for Real Madrid. That now would explain how he knew Ronaldo. After that I called it a night, and quickly fell asleep not waking up until 10 am later that morning. I woke up, and threw on my bathing suit as well as a purple dress to wear over it as I went downstairs and headed straight for the spa and pool area. It was pretty empty than again, who goes to the pool at 10 in the morning. I pulled my dress carefully over my head and then slipped off my shoes before I dove in to the large pool. After doing a few laps and just swimming around, I decided I’d scope out the sauna or at least the Jacuzzi Niko and I had found last night.

“Hello,” I heard the same cocky voice from last night say, from behind me as I walked towards the Jacuzzi.

“Shit,” I mumbled to myself in Croatian, as I turned around to see Ronaldo once again behind me with a huge smirk on his face. “No training or game today?” I said simply.

“Just got off of training, now its time to relax.” He explained. “So how is it you know Iker, yet I have never seen you before?” He asked me as he followed me in to the Jacuzzi.

“We met at uh” I paused to think of something to say, “Euro ’08 finals.” I lied.

“I see,” He nodded, “So can you at least tell me your name or do you prefer Modrić as well?”
He asked.

“Sure, my first name is I’m, my last name is out of here.” I smiled as I got out and left.

“Dinner, tonight?” He shouted to me from the Jacuzzi.

“Washing my hair!” I shouted back as I picked up my things and headed out bumping in to something hard, as I headed for the exit.

“Oof” I exhaled as I felt myself knocked backwards before someone caught me.

“Again, I show up just in time.” The familiar voice chuckled.

I looked up to once again see my knight in shining Reeboks, only this time he was in flip flops.

“Not soon enough.” I mumbled motioning to the Jacuzzi.

“Well I can’t always be” He paused to think, “Romeo?”

“Using up all your English?” I asked him as I dried myself off with the towel in my arms, after he let me go.

“Not quite,” He chuckled shaking his head.

“Look, thank you for last night. You didn’t have to help me out.” I told him, as I looked up at him. He was pretty good-looking I won’t lie.

“You’re welcome, I’m surprised you turned down mister charm over there.” He told me.

“Isn’t he your friend?” I asked him.

“Yes, but I get tired of having to hear him discuss all the women he sleeps with.”

“Which is exactly why I can turn him down, well that and because I’ve seen him knock over my brother one too many times on the pitch.”

“Where are you off to now?” He asked me causally.

“Probably back to my room to shower and change before my brother and friend get back from training.”

“I see, well have a good day.” He smiled.

“Uh you too.” I nodded. “See you around.” I added as I headed out of the spa and to the elevator.