Caught in a Bad Romance

IV.

I headed for my room and changed in to a pair of denim shorts, an iron fist shirt, with a purple and black plaid shirt over it incase I got cold. I was in the middle of putting on some make up when I heard Niko and Luka enter their room.

“So how was training?” I asked walking in to their room and leaning against the doorframe.

The two of them were sprawled out on their beds, looking all sweaty and gross.

“Well I’m glad to see that you both will be ready to take me to lunch and out shopping when I come back from exchanging my money.” I smiled pushing myself off the doorway and leaving out their door.

When I got back they were pretty much ready, Niko was tying his shoes and Luka was fixing his hair.

“Is that my hairbrush?” I asked Luka as I noticed the brush in his head.

“Couldn’t find mine.”

“Ew! Luka couldn’t you use Niko’s!”

“Told you she’s think it was a big deal.” Niko chuckled.

“Why didn’t you stop him?” I exclaimed smacking both of them in the back of their heads.

“You both have the same color hair, and you’re brother and sister what difference does it really make?”

“That his hair is probably all sweaty smelling.”

“Smell!” Luka said moving his head to my nose. “I washed it!”

“Fine.” I mumbled as my stomach rumbled. “Can we please go now?” I asked putting a hand
over my stomach.

“That was you?” Niko exclaimed as the three of us left. “I even heard that!”

“I’m hungry.” I said as we headed to the elevator.

“You’re very purple today.” Luka told me.

“Eh it’s comfortable and hopefully Ronaldo won’t bother me again.”

“So what did you do today?” Luka asked me after we had found a restaurant and was
seated.

“I went to the pool, did a few laps, tried to go in the Jacuzzi but that sort of backfired.” I
explained as I looked over the menu.

“Why?”

“Because as I was heading to it Ronaldo showed up, so I was in it for maybe two minutes before I up and left.”

“Well at least you don’t have to worry about being one of the many whose sister he sleeps with.” Niko told Luka.

“Thanks guys, really you’re awesome.” I told them sarcastically.

After lunch the guys took me shopping and a little sight seeing before we headed back to the hotel for dinner, and an early bedtime since tomorrow morning they’d be facing Austria. The following morning, the guys left very early to get some morning training before the game. So that morning I was on my own pretty much, I showered and got dressed in black shorts, a white Croatia tee shirt, and a pair of sneakers.

I headed over to the stadium in a taxi about an hour before the game. After I had checked in and was given my passes, I called my brother in hopes of seeing him before the game.

“Big head where are you?” I asked as he picked up.

“Locker room, where are you?”

“Heading to the bathroom, any chance I can run down and see you?”

“Of course!” He chuckled as he then gave me directions to the locker room.

“What happened to you rooting for Greece?” Niko chuckled looking at my shirt as him, Luka,
and Vedran were outside the lockers talking.

“I know I’d never hear the end of it if I didn’t support Mother Hrvatska.” I told them putting my sunglasses on my head. “Nervous?” I asked as I hugged each of them.

“Stop trying to psyche me out Lena.” Luka told me shaking his head.

“I have faith in you, because I have faith in my country.” I told them in a serious tone.

“Okay, Luka how drunk is your sister?” The coach Slaven asked as he walked out of the locker room.

“Sir, she’s like this normally.” Luka told him.

“Well I’m off to find out where the heck I’m sitting. Crush some Austrian butt!” I told them.
“And on a serious note, I’m proud of you Luka.” I told my brother as I hugged him.

“Thank you Lena.” He said giving me a wink as I headed off to find a security person.

I was seated of course with the wives and girlfriends, which I hated because the majority of the girlfriends didn’t even care for the sport. The game started off good, Luka had scored a goal within the first 10 minutes of the game. By 20 minutes I need a strong drink so I could handle the idiots next to me who were trying to scope out the Croatian paparazzi. I headed for the VIP area and from there straight to the bar.

“I’m beginning to get the idea that you’re a heavy drinker.” I heard a soft voice from behind me, as I headed over to the window to watch the game.

“Only when I have to sit next to women who make me look bad.” I joked, as I turned around to see my knight in shinning Reebok’s once again.

“I feel like we should finally be introduced.” He smiled coming next to me, “I’m Iker Casillas.”
He said extending his hand for me to shake.

“Lena Modrić.” I smiled shaking his hand.

“Luka’s sister?” He asked me, as I nodded.

“How do you know him?”

“Euro ’08, he’s an amazing player.”

“Thanks, I’m very proud of him.” I told him as I sipped my beer and continued to watch the game.

“Older or younger?” He asked me a few seconds later.

“I’m sorry?”

“Is he older or younger than you?”

“Older by a year, he’s 24 I’m 23. So you’re from Spain.” I said simply.

“How’d you guess?”

“The lisp,” I smirked.

“Every time.” He chuckled as he shook his head.

“It’s cute, I mean would you rather have an accent like mine?”

“I wish I could speak such good English like you.”

“Well move to New York you learn it quicker, that’s my secret.” I told him as I finished my drink. “Now it’s back to the wives club!” I exclaimed cringing over the word wives.

“Sit with me.”

“What?”

“Sit with me, there’s two empty seats where I was, come on what’s the worse that will happen?”

“Alright,” I said shaking my head as I followed Iker out of the bar and back to the seats. “For the record we’re rooting for Croatia,” I joked with him giving him a smile.

“Of course, whom else would we root for?” He chuckled.

So I sat with Iker and we watched the game and cheered for my brother, as well as talking about our views on the game and what our favorite teams are.

“No, I liked the Spurs before he got on the team, they’re just the underdogs of the Premier league.” I explained.

“That is true.”

“It’s just a consolation that the three stooges are now on it.” I told him making him smile.
Croatia won, which made my day completely, it also meant tonight we’d be going out to celebrate that’s for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lena's outfit