Caught in a Bad Romance

V.

“Want to share a cab back?” I asked Iker as we stood up after the game ended.

“You don’t want to wait for you brother?”

“I’ll see him at the hotel, you know what usually follows after a win.” I told him as we made our way out.

“So I’ll see you around?” I asked him, as we entered the lobby.

“Of course.” He smiled, as he took my hand and kissed it as we went opposite ways.

I was in the middle of watching some cartoon that I barely understood what they were saying when I got a phone call from Andrea.

“I’m surprised you weren’t busy.” Andrea said after I answered.

“I miss you too, what’s up?”

“Well I was hoping that perhaps you could answer a question.”

“Alright my love, shoot,”

“So I headed out with a few friends this afternoon and we passed by that sports bar on the way to the train right?”

“Okay… are you asking me the name of it?”

“No, no not at all, well as we were walking I had just looked in since I was sure the game was on and wanted to see if I had to call and congratulate your brother tonight. So it just so happened as I looked at the TV it was showing you with some really hot guy sitting and laughing about something in the stands.”

“Oh no” I said putting my head in my hands.

“Oh yes, so has my bff been getting jiggy with it?”

“You did not just use that term.” I mumbled.

“Answer!”

“No! He’s just a guy that helped me out when we first got here and today I ran in to him and he noticed how miserable I was sitting with the wives and girlfriends so he asked me to sit with him.”

“You looked awfully close.”

“He’s Spanish they’re very handsy people compared to the cold, love of us Balkans.” I shrugged.

“Alright, so how’s my motherland like?”

“Great shopping, and the people are really nice.”

“Told you.” She smirked. “Okay well I just wanted to ask that, go have fun with your friend.” She said with emphasis on the word friend.

“Yeah, yeah I’ll email you.” I told her as I hung up.

About two hours later, Luka and Niko had gotten back.

“You did it, you did it, you did it!” I chanted jumping on Luka’s bed while the two of them tried to pull clothes out to wear.

“You think she’s happy?” Luka joked as I jumped from the bed on to him.

“I’m so proud of you big head you played very good today!” I told him, making Niko laugh. “You
too Kranjčar!” I added, getting up and hugging him too.

“Lena you realize you only two hour to get ready since we’re going out at 7 for dinner.” Luka told me as I sat on his bed again.

“Good point.” I nodded running back to my room closing the door behind me.

I showered, did my hair and make up before I changed in to the green and purple dress I planned on wearing and a pair of heels. When I was done I headed in to their room, to hang out with whoever wasn’t in the bathroom.

“She hates me!” Luka exclaimed as he walked in to the bathroom carrying his clothes.

“Why do I hate him now?” I asked Niko who was fixing his hair.

“He thinks he’s going to have to fight off guys from you.” Niko said still looking in the mirror.

“I had to move to New York just to get a boyfriend.” I joked, as I flipped through the TV channels. “How are you feeling?”

“Took some Tylenol I’m good to go.” He chuckled. “I heard you ditched the wives today.” He said quietly as he sat on his bed facing me.

“Couldn’t take the new ones.” I said shuddering. “Went to the bar for the rest of the game.” I lied.

“And surprisingly didn’t come back drunk?”

“Like I’d ever tell you that.” I joked as we continued watching TV until Luka was ready.

Once Luka had finished we headed upstairs to the restaurant where their team was probably already waiting.

“Man, I got the best dates in the place!” I exclaimed as I hooked arms with Niko and Luka.

“Why do I feel like Brad Pitt in that bastard movie?” Luka asked Niko.

“Probably because you’re going to get beat up tonight?”

“Ha!” I chuckled, as we headed to the private room.

“Jesus Luka I understand now why you keep your sister at home.” One of the younger guys on the team said jumping in to the seat next to me so I was sitting with Niko on my right, and him on my left.

“Lena this is Ivan, Ivan this is my sister Lena.” Luka said introducing us as he sat next to Niko.

“Nice to meet you.” I said politely as I shook his hand.

For the time we spent at the restaurant, I talked with Ivan, Niko, and of course Luka. Ivan was nice but really didn’t seem my type.

“So Luka told me you’ve managed to catch Ronaldo’s eye.” Vedran joked as we were heading to some club that was in town.

“I didn’t do anything, I was sitting reading my book, drinking my wine that was it!”

“She also was holding hands with Iker Casillas.” Niko chirped in.

“What you’re the Real Madrid hit man or something?”

“Firstly, I’d be a hit woman, and secondly he only did that to get me away from Ronaldo.”

“I can’t take her anywhere!” Luka said entering the conversation.

“Hey you invited me here, I could be in California right now working my friends band. This is all
you.”

“Oh come on Lena we missed you!” Niko said putting me in a light headlock and kissing the top of my head.

“Yeah, yeah I know why I’m here. I’m the babysitter.” I mumbled as we walked on.

As we reached the club there was a line out the door, but they let all of us walk in.

“What the hell is going on here tonight?” I asked grabbing Niko’s arm and following him so I wouldn’t get separated.

“They’re hosting a night for all the teams that are in Kiev.”

“Oh great.” I mumbled.

“Now I want everyone to please keep an eye on my sister Lena! Thank you!” Luka shouted as everyone scattered around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lena's outfit
Ivan