I'd Give Everything Up Just To Leave With You Tonight

Two.

Alex’s POV

I slam the door behind me to drown out my mother’s yells, she doesn’t understand how much I just want to play my guitar and not have to worry about school work or getting a ‘real’ job as she so lightly put it. I don’t know why she didn’t just say that I’m a lazy-no hoper who won’t achieve anything in my life.

As soon as the door closed behind me and my mother’s yells were out of my hearing zone I began to relax, enjoying the feel of the cold air as it hit me face on, it was calming but there was something about it that made me feel…uneasy…I don’t know what it is, but, it’s like it’s trying to tell me something, what? I’m just not sure.

As I get in my car and strap myself in I start to question tonight’s events leading from my screaming Mother to my sudden uneasiness at the cold wind. Neither of them are linked that’s for sure but…well, they could…no! I will refuse to believe that my mother’s shouting about Jack is linked to my uneasiness about the wind, there’s no reason for me to take my mother’s yelling seriously, she’s never liked Jack from the day I met him and brought him home, why I don’t know but my uneasiness…how is Jack linked to it? I really have no idea and I have the strongest need to see him…my Jack.

I must have been more distracted by my thoughts than I first realized cause the next thing I know, I’m on the other side of town, not knowing where I was headed or when I’d be back. My train of thought was interrupted as I sped towards the nearest grocery store, where I was going to stock up on junk food and petrol, a large crowd was gathered around one of the side streets next to it, flashing lights bouncing off all the walls illuminating each face, all of them distraught, shocked and most of all, sickened.

As I pulled up outside the grocery store a part of me was screaming at me to leave to just drive away and find another store but another part, a more dominant, uneasy part was hollering at me to get out of the car and see what was going on. Needless to say the dominant part won, my curiosity and uneasiness getting the best of me.

The sound of the whispers from the gathering crowd was growing louder with every slow step that I took, most of them sounded excited others sounded, scared while others where crying, unable to say anything but stare at the scene in front of them, the scene that made me wish that I hadn’t stopped.

As I push myself through the group of people that had formed, my eyes had found what all their’s had, a body. A body of a young man, though not just any man, my man…Jack.

“No…No, this can’t…It can’t…Jack…” I stutter as I push myself further through the crowd, my feet moving faster, desperate to get to my best friend, my love, my Jack.

“Whoa, excuse me Sir, you have to stay on this side of the tape.” An officer explains as he puts an arm out to stop me going any further.

“No you don’t understand, you have to let me through, that’s…” I start to mutter but the officer cuts me off and pushes me back towards the crowd.

“I’m sorry Sir, you have to take a step back!”

“NO!” I scream as I push my way past the officer, all my intentions focused on getting to Jack. “That’s my boyfriend!”

“SIR!” The officer grabs hold of my arms and starts to pull me back again, another officer coming over to join him. “You CAN’T go over there!”

“JACK!” I screech at them, thrashing my body wildly, trying to squirm my way out of their grasp as the tears cascade from my eyes as my heart starts beating at a dangerous pace. “Please! Let me go! That’s my…JACK!”

I could feel my body losing the will to fight against the officers that were holding me back, my body still not giving up. I use every ounce of my strength to pull away from them, causing them to stumble backwards, whilst I crawl pathetically, desperately over to Jack.

The tears that were trailing down my cheeks doubled when I saw Jack up close, every inch of him was bloodied and bruised, his body so pale, so cold.

“Jack? Jackie? Can you hear me? Oh, please say that you can hear me…Jackie…” I sobbed as I clutched at my shirt, my other hand against my mouth, the tears falling from my eyes, blurring my vision.

I was certain that, before I felt myself collapse, I saw Jack move. It’s that thought that brought me comfort as a blackness fell across me, that he’s still alive.

“My…Jack…”