Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Forgotten.

[One Year Later]

“Lily! Let go of the table-cloth!” I scolded my little one year old daughter who had a good grip of the kitchen table with one hand and the other hand knotted in the table-cloth. I balanced Will on my hip seeing how he would just start crying if I set him down and walked over to her and took her small hand.
“Mama.” She smiled at me and let go of the table. It always warmed my heart when she said that.

Both Will and Lily had changed so much over their first year. They weren’t so much alike anymore; people could still see they were twins, but Embry and I could see other differences than they being boy and girl. I loved their hair. it was so fluffy, and it was a little wavy. Neither I nor Embry knew where they got it from, because the two of us had fairly straight hair. But they were so beautiful with their blue eyes. It was special in La Push, when we met new people they always commented on how beautiful their eyes were.

“Bee.” “Embry walked through the front doors with a loving smile on his mouth. He had gotten a job as a mechanic. He kissed my lips and Will’s head before scooping Lily up in his arms. She let out a thrilled laugh.
“How was your day honey?” I asked him.
He sighed. “Just the same, here’s the mail.” He handed me the small pile of envelopes.
I put them in my mouth as Embry handed Lily over to me. Sometimes I wish I was an octopus.
“I’ll just take a quick shower.” He smiled before he headed upstairs.

I placed Will in his high chair in the kitchen and sat down on the kitchen chair next to it with Lily on my lap. I started sorting through the mail and sighed when I was all the bills. I pushed them away; I would send them to my family later, they had almost forced us inot letting them pay for gas, electricity and so on. I hated it, and so did Embry. But most our money was used on the babies.

One envelope stood out from the rest. It had my name handwritten on the front and the script looked old and ancient. I didn’t recognize it and I never got handwritten mail. I opened it carefully and took the letter out.

My dearest Bridget,
Congratulation with your children,
being a mother must be wonderful.
I’m sad that we haven’t gotten
the chance to meet in almost eighteen
years, so a meeting must be arrange;
how about your eighteen birthday?
Your new family doesn’t change the
arrangements that was made
with your parents.
I hope you haven’t forgotten,
because I haven’t.
With love, Aro.

I dropped the letter as fear shook through me. I held Lily tighter against my chest as I tried to block out the thoughts that wanted to break through the walls I had built around them.

Someone knocked on the backdoor, but I couldn’t see who it was through the curtain. I stood up and picked Will up again. I didn’t like to turn my back to either of my children – So I balanced one on each hip and walked over and opened the door. I froze for a second before I started closing it again and walking backwards at the same time

But it was too late; he stood in the middle of the kitchen. I walked backwards without taking my eyes of him until my back hit the wall.
“Chase.” I said in a terrified voice.
“Long time no see.” He stared back at me. “What cute babies you have there, little sister.” He smirked devilishly as his eyes fixated on Lily.
“What are you doing here?”
“You know, I don’t really like empty threats from humans that clearly are unaware of what a vampire can do. I want you to know that not all vampires are as… kind hearted as your lovely family, we are usually cold hearted.” He said and walked back and forth in front of us.
Will noticed how tense I was and started crying.

“What do you want?” I asked surprised over how strong my voice sounded; I guess it was the mother instincts hitting in for full. “Embry!” I yelled when Chase took a step forward.
“I have been thinking about a way to hurt you ever since the day at your wedding. I asked myself what I had to do that would hurt you for the rest of your existence. And then I found out that I do know that; it is to lose the persons that are closest to you, the ones that you love the most. That is why I decided to wait until you had your baby – or babies – and then wait for some time so I would be sure you had a really close relationship too it.” He gave me a menacing glare before snatching Lily right out of my arms. “Say goodbye to mommy.”

“EMBRY!” I screamed again as Chase disappeared out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
: O ...

I'll update if I get two new comments :)

Comment-Comment-Subscribe !


~ BreeVixen