Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Complete.

“Bridgeeet…” I heard someone whisper in my ear. “Sweetie, you need to get up, it’s your big day!”
I jolted up from the bed and saw it was my mother that had woken me. I remember being brought back to my bed late after the party by Embry. I had clung to him and begged him to stay with me; Alice came and forced me to let him go.

“Oh my god, mom.” I stared at her wide eyed.
She laughed and hugged me. “Congratulating honey, you are getting married!”
A giggle escaped my lips, but it had a slight hysteric tone. “Don’t say that yet, he may bail.”
“He wouldn’t dare.” She gave me a stern look. “Now come, Alice is waiting to torture you.” She led me out the front door, not giving me time to get dressed. Then she threw me on her back and raced to the big house.

Alice had me strapped to her 'Magic' chair, as she called it, for hours. People passed through the whole time, asking Alice questions or whishing me all luck for the big day. When she was done she made me stand.

“Okay, as you know, there are certain traditions to withhold; something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.” Alice said. She wouldn’t let me look in the mirror.

As if on a cue, my mom, Bella, Esme and Sarah, Embry’s mom, walked inside the room.

“These are the tradition bringers.” Alice said very formally.

“Rose.” She motioned.
“Something old.” She walked forward and opened a small box. “These are the earrings I wore the first time I married your father. They are now yours, and I want you to have them and wear them today.”
The earrings were beautiful. I hugged her and she put them on. “Thank you.” I whispered.

“Esme.” Alice continued down her list.
“Something borrowed.” Esme took my hand and slid on a beautiful three row diamond bracelet. “I got this from Carlisle the day you came into our lives, and every time I look at it, I think of you. That’s why I’m borrowing it to you, but I want it back.” Esme smiled, kissed my forehead and stepped back again.

“Sarah.” Embry’s mother walked forward and pulled me into a hug.
“Thank you for making my son happy and I am so proud of you.” She whispered in my ear.
I have always liked Sarah.
“Something new; I bought this after I saw the picture of your dress. Alice approved.” It was a hairclip, formed as a flower. Alice walked over and slid it into my neatly curled hair.

“Bella.”
Bella looked at me with a sheepish grin on her face. “Something blue.” She waved a blue silk garter in front of my face before she bent down and slid it up my left leg. Her hands were freezing cold, I got goose bumps. She winked when she stood up again.

“Where is Embry?” I started panicking.
“He is down stairs, you can’t see him.” Alice said and pushed me towards the chair again.
“But I need to see him Alice!” I pressed, refusing to sit.
“You can’t Bridget, calm down!” she put her hands on either side of my head. “If not, I’ll get Jasper.”
“Alice, get Embry up here now!”
Alice let out an exaggerated sigh. “Fine, but you have to have on blindfolds, both of you!” she stormed out of the room. I snickered.

“You wait here and put this on. No peeking!” I heard Alice outside the door after a minute of silence.
She came back in and handed me a black sleeping mask. “If it ruins your curls, it’s your own problem.”
I obediently put on the mask and grinned. The door opened and I felt a pair of warm hands take mine.

“Embry…” I sighed and leaned against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me.
“Are you having cold feet?” he chuckled.
I shoved his chest playfully. “No, I just needed to see you - or feel you.”
“Yeah, it was driving me crazy too.” He kissed my hair. “I’m sure you look beautiful.”
“I haven’t seen myself.” I sighed. “Have you talked to your mother?”
“I have, she is thrilled to have us down to La Push. Some of the others are here too, Sam, Quil, and Paul and Rachel too. The others are staying home with the children; you know we don’t want them to have to spend time around vampires if it’s inevitably.”
I nodded, but was glad Embry couldn’t see the look on my face. I couldn’t be around them after I was turned, not even my own son.

“I’m going down now, you have to let Alice finish you and then I’ll see you in a couple of minutes.” Embry said. He kissed me softly on the lips before he let me go.
“I’ll be the one in white.” I giggled. I heard him laugh before the door shut.

“Are you ready now?” Alice asked as she removed the mask.
“Never been more ready.” I smiled.
“Okay, then take a look.” Just before Alice had the chance to remove the sheet that covered the mirror, Becca burst through the doors.
“Flower girl?! Seriously Bridget, you want me to be the flower girl?” Becca stared at me wide eyed. “Wow, you look fantastic! But flower girl? Why can’t I just be a regular bridesmaid?”
I laughed at her. Because you are the youngest, and I need a flower girl.”
“But I hate dresses and looking cute…!” She whined and stomped her foot like a five year old.
“Look,” I pointed to her foot. “You fit perfectly, you are even allowed to sit at the ground, show your underwear and make funny faces.”
She threw her hands in the air. “Fine! But you owe me big time!”
I hugged her. “Thank you Bec!”

“Becca, go down and get your flowers from Esme. This is the order you are going in; first it’s you, then Quil, then Nessie and Jacob. Tell them, and be ready!” Alice ordered.
Becca disappeared.
Alice removed the sheet and turned me around to face the mirror.
I eh… I look uhm…-“ I was speechless.
Alice grinned like a fool beside me.
“You look amazing. You are beautiful baby girl.” Emmett walked into the room and embraced me in a hug. My feet left the floor.
“Thank you, dad.” I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Are you ready to give me away?” I asked when he put me down again.
Sorrow flashed across his face. “No…” he mumbled.
“Aw, daddy, I’ll always be your girl.” I hugged him around his chest.

“Here’s your bouquet, get down there and take their breath away.”
“I will.” I smiled as she kissed the top of my head.
When we walked out the door, I heard Edward play the song I picked out. I took a deep breath and walked down the stairs, well supported by my father’s strong arms.

I looked around the big room, packed with our friends and family, searching for the one person that completed my world. My eyes met his. I have never felt such a pure happiness as I felt when I saw his big smile. It reached from ear to ear. I returned it as I walked down the aisle.

I love him…
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for not updating in a week.. So much came up : P I'm grouded !

Anyways, long chapter, I hope it makes it okay .

I'll update when I have two new comments!

Comment/Rate/Subscribe !

~ BreeVixen