Broken Heels

Maria

I heard a noise from the corner of the room and turned to see what it was, telling myself I was paranoid.

“What the hell?” I shouted, seeing Bam standing there staring at me. I quickly pulled a towel round me and shut the shower off.

“I didn’t know you were in here.” he shouted back, just as loud.

“I locked the door,” I shouted, turning to point at the door on the other side of the room.

“Not this one.” he shouted back.

“I thought it was a cupboard.”

“Who has a cupboard that big in there bathroom?”

“I do. At my house, where there are no perves that walk in on you in the shower.”

“Well why don’t you fuck off back to your house?”

“Cos I was told to stay here.”

“Well maybe I’m telling you to go away.”

“Well maybe I don’t want to.” I didn’t mean that one, I wanted to go back to LA but knew I couldn’t for a few more days.

“What the hell is going on in here?” Ape shouted, walking into the bathroom and taking in the scene in front of her. I was stood there in just a towel with suds in my hair, and Bam was staring at me in just a pair of sweatpants.

“Bam walked in on me in the shower.” I said, attempting to calm down.

“She didn’t lock the door.” Bam said, pointing to me like a stubborn child.

“Sorry Ape.” I said, she walked away obviously annoyed at us. I stepped out of the shower and took Bam by the hand, leading him out of the bathroom.

“What are you doing now?” he asked me, sounding almost amused. I stood and stared at him, his arms sneaking around.

“Locking the door.” I said, pushing him and taking him by surprise and running back in the bathroom and locking the door behind me.

* a bit later *

I walked out of the shower and back into my bedroom leaving Bam’s door locked so he couldn’t get in and walked back into the room I had been staying in. I quickly pulled on a pair of leggings and a long t-shirt that I had brought the day before and put moose in my hair before walking downstairs.

“Morning.” I said to Ape, who was glued to a book, I didn’t look at what it was I just went straight to the fridge.

“Good morning, Bam wants to talk to you.” she said absentmindedly. I closed the fridge and went looking for Bam, who was in the living room being moaned at by a rather large group of people. I stood in the doorway watching him as he paced back and forth talking to them all. I watched him as he walked over to me, wearing a pair of black jeans, a black blazer and a tie.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I shouted at you.” he said, walking me to the kitchen.

“So, I shouldn’t lock the bathroom door?” I asked, raising my eyebrows seriously. He moved his face close to mine before he spoke and I could feel his breathe on my face.

“Well, I’m not the one complaining.” he said, smirking at me. I felt my face blush slightly but couldn’t help but laugh, making our faces even closer together. I looked into his eyes and tried to ignore the feeling I had gotten every time I did.

“Will you lovebirds stop it.” April said, once again I mentally thanked her for being around. “You know you should make a film of this book.” she said, I stared at her, so did Bam, who was still very close to me.

“Erm Maybe.” I said, noticing that it was one of my books. “First I’ll make pancakes.” I said, quickly moving away from Bam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?