Broken Heels

Maria

We walked straight out of the house and climbed onto Ryan’s bike, he didn’t want to see the guys after the conversation about Nick. We drove silently to his mum’s, who drove us to my dads, still not talking to each other properly. His mum had noticed but hadn’t really mentioned anything and by the time we had got to my dads there was a bad atmosphere in the car that we all wanted to get away from.

“Maria.” My dad shouted, hugging me tightly, I could see a glazed look in his eye and knew there was something wrong as he hugged Ryan and his mum. They were brother and sister but they weren’t very close. “You’re boyfriends inside.” He slurred, pulling me by my arm inside of his house. Two thoughts occurred to me.

1. I don’t have a boyfriend.
2. My dad is very drunk and its still morning.

Ryan looked at me knowingly and put his arm around my waist, taking me away from my dad. He had spent most of my childhood drunk, meaning that my mum had left him and moved to LA, meaning I had moved in with Ryan and spilt my weekend between three homes.

“Ryan.” A mans voice said, pulling Ryan away from me to pat him on the shoulder. “Maria.” It said again, pulling me into a tight hug, stroking my hair as he did, I inhaled his scent and couldn’t help but smile.

“Lee.” I whispered into his hug. He had been my agent in LA and we had recently broken up, he was one of those guys that as soon as you saw him every feeling came back. “What are you doing here?” I asked, pulling away from him and sitting on the sofa, he sat not far away from me, where as Dunn walked away with his mum.

“You’re dad called about the party.” He said sounding slightly different. “He didn’t sound too good so I came to see how he was coping and chased him round West Chester and managed to get him this place for a while, I tried phoning you but you never answer.” He finished, raising his eyebrows in a way that I meant knew he wasn’t very happy with me, I felt myself move away from him slightly without meaning to.

“I sort of ran over my phone at the airport, well I didn’t, the can driver did.” I said my voice significantly quieter than it had been.

“Well, maybe we can sort something out when you go back to LA.” He said, he was always better at arranging things better than me, so I just nodded in agreement. “Want to go for a walk?” he asked, holding his hand out for me, I nodded and took his hand and he led me outside. I recognised the streets and smiled as I remembered chasing Jesse round here when we came to see his mom-mom.

“I read about you in the paper.” He said, watching me as I walked, I didn’t look at him, I carried on looking around, seeing the corner where Bam had tried to push me over but I ended up pushing him over and kicking him between the legs before running home. “You know, if you don’t come back soon you are going to have a really bad reputation.” I nodded again, not really paying attention to him, although I knew I should. “So, are you actually seeing anyone?” he asked me, gripping my arm and making me turn to face him.

“No, but you know what the press are like.” I said, looking up at his arm, he was still gripping at my arm, and I felt his grip getting tighter.

“I also know what a slut you are.” He said, twisting my arm slightly.

“You’re hurting.” I whispered, trying to get my arm free but only ended up being hurt more. “You know I wouldn’t go near any one else.” I said, still trying to move my arm away.

“What the hell?” Ryan said, we both turned and I felt Lee’s grip on my arm loosen quickly as he covered my arm with his. “Show me your arm.” He said pulling Lee away. “What the hell did you do too her?” he asked Lee, pushing him away from me and punching him in the face.

“RYAN!” I shouted, trying to get him away from him. “You’re gonna hurt him.” I said trying to pull him away. “Ryan please.” I pleaded, managing to pull him away.

“I’m gonna hurt him, look at the fucking marks on your arm.” He said, pointing to the red marks that were appearing round my arm.

“He didn’t mean it.” I said, trying to help Lee up off the floor. I watched as Dunn hit him again before storming off.

“Thanks.” Lee said, ungratefully. I tried to look at any marks on him but he wouldn’t let me. “It’s ok.” He said, trying to stop me from looking at them. “It looks like you’ve gained weight.” He said, running his hand down my side. “You look better like that.” He said, walking away and leaving me standing outside the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
I'm going to my nans for a week so I wont update for a while but leave me stuff for when I come back, please?