Broken Heels

Maria

I could feel myself falling asleep, looking around I saw that everyone was either completely drunk or passed out. Rake was passed out on Dico who was talking, I think, to Novak; I couldn’t really understand what either of them were saying. Tayler and Rabb were both asleep, holding hands and Dunn was sitting on the floor almost asleep. Ville was in a chair by himself, his face looked tired and Bam had told me he got tired after travelling. Bam was sat on the sofa with me next to him; I had stretched my feet out across the rest of the sofa.

I went back to Ville and Bam’s conversation; they were catching up on the things that they had missed. Ville had just finished tweaking a new album and was taking a break for a while.

***

I woke up in my bed and looked at my buzzing phone, it was telling me to wake up, I groaned but got up and changed into my running clothes. I walked down the stairs and could hear music playing, someone had left the juke box on, I walked over to turn it off and saw that Bam and Ville were both asleep on the sofa.

“Was at for.” Bam said, sitting up quickly as the silence filled his ears, he looked up at me, he looked confused and his hair was sticking up all over the place. “Whatareyoudoing?” he asked sleepily, sitting up and holding his head, I smiled as he did.

“I thought you were asleep.” I said, he grumbled something before standing up and stumbling over to me.

“You fell asleep.” He mumbled, trying to hug me but I moved away. “Where are you going?” he asked, he sounded confused and hurt.

“For a run. Go back to sleep, sober up.” I said, he nodded and walked back over to the sofa and lay back down. I walked out of the house and started running, the same route I had run while I had been here, taking detours to make it longer.

I thought back to before I had left, I was 16 when I had left, Bam and Ryan had both been 17 and Bam had driven me to the airport so that Ryan could say goodbye to me.

“Maria.” Bam said, pulling me back as I went to go through the doors of the airport, Ryan had gone, neither of us liked goodbyes. “I want to tell you something before you go.” he pulled on my arm again so I was standing close to him.

“I’ve got a plane to catch.” I said, moving away from him smoothly, “I’ll see you around Margera.” I said, smirking at him and walking away. I cried as I sat down on the plane, not because I was on my own, that had stopped bothering me, but because I didn’t want to go, I didn’t want to leave the friends I had left behind.

I stopped running and bent down clutching my nears and drinking in the air, I watched as the purple PT I had laughed at when I first got here stopped not far away from me, I straightened up and smiled at April and my auntie got out of the car.

We all greeted each other and April let me into the castle, commenting on my out of breathe and sweaty appearance. As soon as I was in the house I went straight up the stairs and into the shower, my legs aching as the hot water and stillness caught up with me, my bodies way of saying “Fucking cow” I guess. I quickly got dressed and went into the kitchen where people were talking rather loudly. I stood where no one could see me.

“You said that they act just like a couple, he said he hasn’t seen Bam like that in years.” I think my auntie said.

“I know, it makes you want to puke.” Ryan said.

“Oh you should see the way he looks at her.” I think April said.

“Or when he is talking about her.” maybe Jesse said.

“It’s a shame she is determined to go back to LA.” Ryan maybe.

“Cant he convince her to say?” Jesse asked moaning. “It’s been quiet these last few years.”

“I don’t think he has tried.” April said, I felt an arm slip around my waist and turned to see Bam grinning at me. I couldn’t help but grin back at him, he pecked me gently on the lips and lead me into the kitchen. Jesse had his back to us and I jumped on it, putting my legs around him so that I didn’t fall.

“Hey Jesse.” I squeaked into his ears making him laugh.

“Who hasn’t tried what?” Bam asked his mom standing by Jesse. No one answered him and I climbed off of Jesse’s back and stood on the other side of him.

“How long were you listening for?” he whispered, loud enough for me to hear and maybe Bam.

“They act like a couple.” I whispered back, Bam looked at me with a confused look on his face and Jesse nodded, trying to hide a smirk with his hand as he pretended to yawn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedbacf?