Broken Heels

Bam

I stood outside The Note, Maria had left the house not long after me and I hadn’t heard anything from her since had left her this morning.

“C’mon, she left with Nick and Nick said he would meet us in there.” Ryan said, he was dressed as an angel in a white suit with angel wings and a tinsel halo. I nodded and followed him inside the bar, security nodding at us as we passed. Novak jumped at us, dressed as an umpa lumpa like he said he would, Rake was dressed as a princess of some form and Dico was actually dressed up as a Rake. “See look no one is with their date.” He said walking away to see his mum.

I felt a hand clap me on the shoulder as the room got darker and looked to see Ville grinning maniacally at me. I grinned back but I had a feeling it didn’t reach my eyes. I heard some music hit my ears and instinctively looked up at the stage, not recognising any of the people who were on the stage because they were all wearing devil masks.

“Oooh, yeah,
Sometimes I feel like I'm going out of my mind,
Boy the way you do me is a damn crime,
But then you smile at me and it's alright,
With you there ain't any in between”

I watched intently as Maria walked across the stage, wearing a short red dress that hung perfectly to her figure, her hair swept over one shoulder and devil horns on her head, he make up was perfect and yet it wasn’t, it was over the top and looked strange. She carried on singing the rest of the song jumping and prancing round the stage. I watched as one of the guitarists took of their mask, it turned out to be Nick, she kissed him on the head and slipped off the stage and came straight over to me. I hadn’t taken in anything of what everyone was saying but everyone was talking top her as she got closer to me.

“If you don’t shut your mouth a fly will go in there.” She said, hugging me, I hugged her back, taking in the smell of her perfume.

“You were amazing.” I said, my hands running slowly down her figure and back up again until they settled on her waist.

“Thanks.” She said, blushing slightly. I kissed her cheek and heard a giggle escape her perfectly painted lips. I couldn’t help but smile as she did and I could feel myself feeling happier than I had in a long time.

“That was a good song.” I said, wrapping my arms around her, she put her arms around my neck and held me close to her, I could feel my heart beat picking up as she did.

“Nick wrote it, he said he wrote it for me when I first said I was coming back.” She told me, resting her head in the crook of my neck.

“I’m glad you came back.” I said, before I could stop myself, I heard her sigh slightly and looked into her eyes, which looked sad all of a sudden.

“Me too.” I hoped she just didn’t want to go home. I didn’t want her to go back.

“You could stay you know? With me and the guys here.” I said, she stepped away from me and I heard her heels click the floor above every other noise in the room, and I felt almost broken at the sound of her leaving.

“I can’t Bam.” She said, walking away from me, I watched her go, almost as time had stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
I dont own the lyrics they are from Issues, it was just playing on TV and seemed to fit the story well. =]