Broken Heels

Maria

After being walked round and introduced to numerous members of my family who I had forgotten all about, by the time I managed to get away Nick was off stage, another band had preformed and another band were setting up. I took a drink off of Nick and scanned the room for Bam, who was talking to Ryan’s mom; I walked over to them and smiled. Soon Ryan’s mom walked away leaving me with Bam.

“As my date, it’s your responsibility to stop me being dragged off.” I muttered as he put his arm around me, I put my head on his shoulder, he smelt like stale cigarettes and something I didn’t recognize. I looked over to the stage, where he was staring and saw HIM all on stage.

“Dance with me.” Bam said as they started playing join me in death, I nodded as he lead me closer to the stage, he put his arms around my waist and I put my arms around his neck, putting my head back on his shoulder. I watched as Nick and Ryan walked up holding hands and started dancing as well, Nick winked at me, making me laugh. “What?” Bam asked, his voice sounded off as he spoke.

“Ryan and Nick.” I whispered, taking my head off of his shoulder and looking into his eyes. “Are you ok?” I asked him, there was something in his eyes that didn’t look right.

“I’m gonna miss you.” He whispered, leaning closer to me.

“I’ll miss you too.” I whispered back, closing the gap between us and pressing my lips lightly to his, I felt him smirk against my lips before pulling me tighter to him and kissing me back. I giggled as he pulled away from me, our faces only millimeters apart, it felt as if no one else were there, only me and him, with music playing softly in the background. He kissed me gently on the forehead and led me outside by the hand.

I watched him as he lit a cigarette and took a long drag, holding my hand again. He held it out to me as if offering me some but I shook my head. He looked away from me, staring at the floor in another direction.

“I need to tell you something.” He said, taking a long drag of his cigarette, it made me nervous how different he looked, like when we were younger, before he became famous, almost scared.

“Ok.” I said, gripping his hand slightly, he looked at me again and sighed quickly.

“Fuck, Maria, I…” he started, a door behind us opened and we both shot up and turned to look at the door as it shut, then we looked at the person who had shut it.

“What an interesting rebound.” Lee said, Bam instantly put his arm around my stomach protectively. I felt myself shrinking into him, almost trying to find in his chest. “Ohh don’t worry, she’s all yours, just a bit surprised she has dropped her standards, but I guess she was so bad in bed she couldn’t do much better than some loser ass skater.” He snarled and before I could register what had happened Bam had tackled him down to the floor.