Broken Heels

Bam

I walked aimlessly around the airport, everyone was excited and making planes about what they were going to do, me? I was counting down the time until I could go home, not only was Jackass 2 killing me, but now we were in LA, and I didn’t want to be in LA.

“Bam, LA is full of people, what are the chances of you two bumping into each other?” Ryan asked me; guess correctly why I didn’t want to be here. I shrugged him off.

“I’m gonna go skate.” I said, grabbing the only piece of hand luggage I had brought, my brand new skateboard, although it was already battered. I walked out of the airport and found my lambo which had been imported here for me and drove me to the skate park that we had skated at last time we were here.

“No one skates here anymore.” A voice said as soon as I put my skateboard on the floor, instead of stepping on it I sat down and pushed myself over to an area where I couldn’t be seen.

“Then what are you doing here?” I asked the anonymous person, they skated over and sat not far from me, staring straight at me in an almost accusing fashion.

“I missed the memo.” He said, I looked up at his face, he wasn’t very old, twelve maybe, thirteen at a push, his jeans were beat up and his element t-shirt was crumpled, but I was instantly drawn to his eyes, they were a dazzling green that reminded me instantly of Maria. “You’re Bam Margera.” He said, he was still staring at me uncomfortably.

“And you are?” I asked, looking down at the floor and pulling the cigarettes out of my pocket, I fiddled with one before placing it between my lips.

“Will.” He said, moving his skateboard from beneath him and sitting on the floor. “You dated Maria Dunn?” he asked, I looked up suddenly at the mention of her, he was staring at me in the same accusing manor again.

“Something like that.” I said, I squinted slightly, trying to work out what this kid was getting at. “You know her?” I asked, lighting the cigarette and offering him one, he shook his head, he seemed like the kind of guy who smoked but hey.

“Something like that.” He said, his face softened slightly. “She’s different since she came back from West Chester.” He said, his eyes trailed to the cigarette and then back to my eyes.

“Listen, kid, I don’t know what you’re getting at but whatever it is go and bug someone else.” I snapped, taking a long drag of the cigarette and blowing the smoke away from me.

“I was here first.” He said simply. He got up and stood on the skateboard before skating away and skating the bowl.

“Dunn.” A voice said, I turned round and saw a short old woman stood there calling someone. From the corner of my eye I saw the kid skate over to the woman and stand not far away from her.

“The hospital just phoned, Maria, I mean your mum has been in a car accident, she’s in hospital.” The woman said, obviously panicking.

“Maria.” I shouted, “Maria Dunn? The writer?” I shouted again, both of them looked at me and the boy nodded slightly. “Do you know the way to hospital?” I asked him, he nodded again, his face slowly turning pale as the realisation hit him. “Get in my car, I’ll drive you there.” I said, running over to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?