Broken Heels

Bam

I stared at her, her arm was in a cast and it looked like one of her legs was too. Her head was bandaged up, she was bruised too. I looked at Will, who was holding her hand gently in his.

“She’ll be ok, your mums made of strong stuff.” I said, trying to focus my attention on anything except her.

“I know, she thinks I didn’t notice the bruises from Lee.” He said, a small smile crept onto his lips.

“One time, she nearly broke her leg skating, and then told me she would run it off. We had to force her to the hospital.” I said, I watched as he laughed and looked up at me. “Besides, she has got to go to Ryan’s wedding.” I said, feeling myself smirk, “I’ve got to phone Ryan.” I said walking away.

“Ryan, Maria is in hospital, she looks bad, get you ass here.” I said, hanging up on him before he could say anything. I ran my hand through my hair and walked back over to the doorway of her room, Will was still holding her hand, his face wasn’t as pale as it had been and there was tears falling from his eyes.

“I’m gonna be ok, kid.” I heard her whisper. It sounded angelic; it was the most amazing thing I had ever heard.

“You gave me a scare.” He said, laughing slightly, but the laugh was forced. I watched as her thumb gently stroked his hand.

“Mum, Bam Margera is here.” He whispered, “He brought me here, he was so scared, he said he was going to phone Ryan.” he wiped a tear off of his face almost angrily. “When are you going to tell me the truth?” he asked, I heard the heart monitor change, it had speed up and a nurse ran into the room but she was pushed away.

“Ryan Dunn is my cousin, we grew up together in West Chester, Bam and Ryan were always best friends but Bam was always an ass to me, my dad used to drink and hurt me. But then I got pregnant.” I saw him smile and I guessed that she was smiling at him, it sounded like she was. “And me and Grandma came to LA and I went back to West Chester every time I could. You never want to come.”

“I was scared we would never come home.” He said.

“I know, I love Bam, I always did, and that’s why I didn’t like it when you started skating and watching all that stuff with him in.” I watched as he lent down and then straightened up. I walked over and stood behind Will; she looked at me but looked away quickly, looking at Will.

“I’m going to get a drink.” Will said walking away, the room was slowly becoming more awkward. I looked down at her, she was looking away from me.

“I love you too.” I whispered, I turned to walk away from her but her fingers slipped into my hand, I looked at her face and she was wincing in pain.

“Don’t go.” She whispered, looking into my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?