Broken Heels

Maria

I stared up at his face, neither of us knew what to say and the room was slowly becoming awkward. I tried to pull myself so that I was sitting up but I couldn’t find the strength.

“Did you leave because of Will?” he asked me, I looked away again, slowly nodding, feeling pain flood through me again. I felt his weight as he sat on the end of my bed, on the opposite side to where he had been standing. “I wish you would have told me.” He said, he sounded upset, and somehow it hurt that he wasn’t angry with me.

“I was just a kid Bam, I didn’t know what to do.” I whispered, it was all I could manage, I could feel tears building up but I refused to let them spill. I felt him take my hand, stroking it gently.

“We would have helped you, me and Ryan and Jesse, even the CKY crew would have done something.” He said, he sounded like he was crying, but I couldn’t look at him, if he was crying I knew I would cry too.

“We were a load of drop outs, Bam, what the hell could we have done?” I asked him. I felt his weight move off of the bed and watched as he knelt down beside my head, his eyes looking deep into mine, it felt like an eternity had passed, an eternity that only included the two of us.

“Anything.” He whispered, kissing me on the forehead. I couldn’t help but smile, he smiled back, small painful smiles but they were still smiles.

“I got here as quick as I could.” I heard Ryan’s voice say, I turned slowly and looked at him and he inwardly whistled at me. Bam took my hand back in his and sat down at the end of the bed. “You look like shit.” he said, taking a chair and sitting next to me.

“Ye that kind of happens when you got hit by a car.” I said, he kissed me gently on the top of the head and went back to staring at me. “Mum aint gonna be very impressed, it was her truck.” I said, the memories were slowly coming back but I wished they wouldn’t. I had been hit when a car spun out of control. I could see the wood from the back of the truck everywhere and I could hear the screaming.

“Your mum died.” Ryan said, I could hear he was crying, I could see his eyes were teary but it didn’t register for a while what he had said.

“She can’t be.” A voice said, Bam and Ryan both turned to look at Will who was stood in the doorway. He walked into the room, swaying slightly, and stopped, staring at me intensely. I couldn’t move, I was in shock, more memories came back, she was screaming, she was next to me. Bam pulled Will closer to him and hugged him as he cried but I just laid there staring.

It took a while for me to calm down, for any of us to calm down. Ryan was freaking out about my mum, my car and mostly my son. Bam didn’t know what to do, Will had cried for ages into Bam’s shoulder and I was grateful he was there. I had been pumped full of painkillers and could feel them pulling me to sleep.

“Visiting time is nearly over.” The nurse said, closing my door almost silently.

“Will can stay with us.” Ryan said, already having taken on the role of favourite uncle. Will looked at me, almost asking for permission and we both nodded at each other, he kissed me on the cheeks and walked away with Ryan.

“You better get going Bam.” I said, he was sat next to me again, holding my hand lightly.

“I don’t want to leave you.” He said, truthfully I didn’t want him to go either, but I knew he couldn’t stay.

“You have too.” I said, my words slurred as sleep pulled harder on me.

“Not yet.” He whispered, kissing me forehead lightly again.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?