Status: I'll update as much as I can ( :

Love at First Song

3) I cant read lips, which sucks big time in a situation like this.

Kristi's POV
We were laying out our huge beach towels when Lexi’s phone started ringing from inside her beach bag. She looked up with wide eyes and pulled out her phone quickly.
“It’s Trey!” She smiled widely.
“Answer it already!” Lindsay said quickly.
She touched the answer button on her phone and put it up to her ear.
“Hello?” She sang. “Yep.” She paused. “Yeah, we’re down by the jetties.” She smiled. “Alright, bye.”
Me and Lindsay looked at her expectantly.
“He’s in line to get his pass scanned, and he said it was kinda long.” She smiled.
“Oh okay. Lindsay, do you want to throw a football?” I asked.
“What, I’m not invited to play football?” Lexi frowned.
“I didn’t think you would want to, but of course your invited.” I smiled. We were all already in our bikinis so I just grabbed the football out of my beach bag and ran out to the edge of the water. I threw the ball to Lexi, who tried her best to catch it but dropped it in the sand. She giggled and threw the ball the best she could to Lindsay before running over to her truck. She turned on the radio and blared 106.7.
She ran back over and laid down on her towel.
“No more football for Lex?” I laughed. She sat up and squinted her eyes at me.
“I’d rather not embarrass myself when they get here.” She explained. I just laughed and caught the ball when Lindsay, who was dying of laughter, threw it.
We threw the ball for about ten minutes before a black Tahoe pulled in next to Lexi’s truck.
My heart just about stopped in my chest.
Lexi didn’t notice that they were here; her eyes were closed. Me and Lindsay just continued to throw the ball while they unloaded their stuff and made their way over to us. Lexi’s eyes snapped open when Trey threw his backpack in the sand. He smiled a crooked smile at her.
She smiled back a small smile and patted the ground next to her. He willingly sat down and they started talking right away. I cant read lips, which sucks big time in a situation like this.
Ty walked over to me and Lindsay, holding his hands out in front of him, gesturing for me to throw him the ball.
“You can play football?” He asked, surprised, when I threw him a perfect spiral.
“Yeah, Lindsay can too.” I smiled. He threw the ball to her, as if to test her ability. She caught it easily. I find it funny when guys are surprised that I can play sports.
“Dang, it’s hot. I think Im gonna go in the water.” I said. Lindsay laughed.
“KRISTI!” Lindsay said, stomping her foot in the sand.
“What?” I asked, defensive.
“I forgot my freaking surf board! UGH!” She said, and then started laughing. Me and Ty joined in her laughter.
“Well I’m going in.” I said. I threw the football near my towel and splashed into the water. I dove into one of the bigger waves. When I stood back up I looked towards the shore to find Ty watching me.
How embarrassing.
“Are you just gonna stand there?” I yelled, giggling.
He chuckled before he took his shirt off and threw it on his towel.
He took his shirt off, and I think I died.
He wasn’t ripped as in he had washboard abs, but he was flat and there definitely was a six pack forming.
I dove back under water so it wasn’t so obvious that I was checking him out.
By the time that I came back up from underwater, Ty had made it out to where I was floating.
I smiled at him. He smiled back.
Oh my I felt awkward.
“So, tell me a bit about yourself.” He requested.
“Like what? My life is boring.” I laughed.
“Anything. Everything.” He smiled encouragingly.
“Well, I grew up in Deland, where I still live. Little boring place where there is never anything to do.” I laughed. “ I started playing softball when I was like, 12? I think so. Anyway I’ve played sports my whole life. Lindsay and Lexi are my best friends.” I paused and smiled. “Is that enough of my life story for now?”
He chuckled. “I could listen as long as you wanted to talk.” He said, laying back and floating on the surface of the moving ocean. My face turned red. Good thing he wasnt looking at me.
“Well tell me about yourself.” I suggested.
“Alright.” He laughed. He didn’t move from floating, just looked up at the sky. I really hoped that a huge wave didn’t come and drown him.
Oh geez. Why do I think of these things?
“Well I grew up in Fort Meyers. Heck of a town. Like Deland, theres really nothing to do there either. Me and Trey are twins. We started our band a few years ago.” He stopped there and stood up. “And my sister plays softball for Stetson.”
“Oh that’s cool.” I smiled.
“We should go watch a game one day.” He smiled happily at me.
“Sounds like a plan.”
It was quiet for a while after that, we just floated in the water, staying close enough to the shore so that I could always touch the sand.
“Do you want to go for a walk?” He asked me after a while. “We can ask Lindsay if she wants to go too, she looks pretty bored."
I looked over at Lindsay, who was laying on her towel, looking at the puffy white clouds.
“Yeah, lets go.” I giggled and swam towards the shore until it got too shallow and I had to stand up and walk. Ty walked the whole way.
“Hey Linds, lets go for a walk.” I said. She stood up gratefully and started walking with the two of us. We walked towards the other side of the jetties, where I was sure there would be a lot less people. We didn’t really talk the whole time, but we just wandered along. Ty bent down to pick up some seashells every now and then. When we were almost out of sight of Lexi and Trey, Lindsay caught sight of something and stopped dead in her tracks.

Lindsay’s POV
This is not even happening right now.
Not even.
He was sitting with his toes in the water, his tattooed arms digging holes around him for something to do. He looked up at the sound of our approach. He smiled at the sight of the three of us.
“Hey.” He said. “Didn’t think I’d get any company all the way out here.” He stood up and walked towards us. He walked over to me first, and held his arm out for me to shake. The sexy veins in his arms were extremely intimidating. He was so much more friendly than I would have thought.
“I’m John.” He said, and shook my hand.
“Lindsay.” I said, slightly in a daze.
John Mayer just shook my hand, introduced himself to me, smiled at me. Am I dreaming?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like ( :

Comments are lovelyyy ( :

-ayeekristi<333