Status: I'll update as much as I can ( :

Love at First Song

4) Freaking awesome

Still Lindsay's POV -
This just…it couldn't be happening. John Mayer?! At the same beach we're at?! How is this possible?! I could've screamed…but then I remembered I have some self control.
"I'm Kristi," I looked over at her. I had totally forgotten that her and Ty were with me.
"And I'm Ty." Ty said. They shook hands with John and then he looked back at me.
"I am a huge fan." I forced myself to say. He smiled brightly.
"Thank you." He said. "Do you guys want to hang out?" he offered.
"Yea sure. We have two other friends back that way." Ty said, pointing behind us.
"I'll drive you guys back over there." John said.
"Okay!" I sang happily. He smiled and we walked over to his truck. It was a black F-150. "Nice truck." I said.
"It's only temporary. I have a Ford GT back home." He grinned. I wasn't totally sure what that was, and I think he caught on. "It's an exotic car." He told me.
"Ooh." I said. I knew what exotic meant. EXPENSIVE! I climbed into the front and Kristi and Ty got in the back. When we got to Lexi I told him to stop. He parked on the other side of her truck and we got out.
"Hey guys-" Lexi stopped talking at the sight of John. He smiled at her.
"Hi," he smiled.
"I, uh, hi, I'm Lexi." She stammered. I rolled my eyes. I walked over to them.
"I'm John." He said.
"I know." She said back. I was more then sure she mentally kicked herself for saying that. He laughed. Trey was at Lexi's side.
"I'm Trey." He said. They shook hands. "You have good music man. You’re an inspiration." He told him with a smile.
"Are you in the music business?" John asked. Trey nodded.
"Me and my brother, Ty, are a two man band. We're called The Icarus Account." He explained.
"Wow, got any songs on the radio?" he asked next.
"Not yet, but we hope to be on there soon." Trey laughed. John nodded with a smile. He turned back to me.
"So Lindsay, how old are you?" he asked.
"18," I admitted sheepishly. He looked surprised for a second.
"Well, your legal." He had a playful glint in his eyes. I blushed.
"Yes I am. How old are you?" I asked.
"32," he said. I could tell her felt old surrounded by teenagers. I nodded.
"I love your tattoos." I told him.
"Why thank you." He said, looking down at his arms and chest. We walked over to where our towels were and he sat down next to me. "So, what's your favorite song by me?" he asked.
"Hmm, it's tie between 'Waiting On The World To Change' and 'Heartbreak Warfare'" I told him.
"Good songs, if I do say so myself." He smirked. I couldn't help but to giggle.

Lexi's POV-
I must say I was in total shock seeing John Mayer. That wasn't something you saw everyday. Especially since he isn't even from Florida. He stuck around and hung out with Lindsay. By now we had been at the beach for two hours. I was standing in the water, ankle deep, with Trey.
"Are you having fun?" he asked.
"Yea, you?" I asked with a smile.
"Yes," he grinned, "do you want to go in deeper?" he asked.
"Um, no." I decided nervously.
He laughed, "Why not?"
"I'm scared of sharks…and being in the ocean." I told him shyly.
"oh. Well, I could protect you." He said, shooting me a flirty smile. I blushed and looked down.
"I don't know…" I mumbled, biting my lip.
"Come on," he said gently, taking my hand into his and starting to walk out deeper. I followed him slowly. When we got to knee deep I stopped. He chuckled. "Is that as far as you want to go?" he asked.
"Yea. Sorry." I said.
"It's okay. We'll get you out deeper next time." He smiled. Next time? He wanted there to be a next time! I smiled brightly.
"Okay." I sang.
"Do you live in Deland?" he asked.
"I live in Lake Helen, which is right next to Deland." I told him. He nodded.
"I've never heard of it." He said.
"most people haven't," I laughed. He smiled.
"Thanks for letting us come today." He said.
"No problem, it was our pleasure." I smiled brightly. We stayed in the water for a while longer before going back up to the towels. An hour or so later we were packing up everything. Trey came over to my door with me.
"So, I was thinking…maybe you would like to go on a date with me?" he asked.
"Yea, definitely." I smiled brightly.
"Okay, I'll call you later and we can make plans." He said. I nodded. He hugged me, causing me to blush. When we pulled apart I quickly leaned in and kissed his cheek.
"Bye." I said shyly.
"Bye," he smiled. He went over to his SUV and I climbed into my truck. Since it was already turned on I just buckled up. Lindsay was in the passenger seat. She was smiling brightly. I looked back at Kristi and found that she too, looked incredibly happy. I backed out of our spot and honked at the two trucks before driving away.
"Today was freaking awesome!" Kristi squealed. I grinned widely. Today was awesome. I felt like I was on an incredible high. ♥
♠ ♠ ♠
Number four! (:
Comments would be spectacular!
- Hey Miss Lexi ♥