Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

TWENTY-SEVEN;

I was released from the hospital about thirty minutes later. Mr. Schuester wanted to talk to me in private, but my mom insisted that I go home right away and rest. I told Mr. Schuester and my friends that I’d talk to them the next day.

As soon as mom pulled up in the driveway, she told me to go inside and straight up to my room to rest, even though I had rested quite enough in the hospital. But most mothers are total worriers, so I listened to her for once and after getting a glass of orange juice, I walked upstairs and climbed into bed.

After about twenty minutes of staring at a wall, I decided that I was bored shitless and I wasn’t going to lie there while it wasn’t necessary. I plopped out of bed, shoved on a sweater that had probably been on the floor for days, and walked downstairs. Mom was in the kitchen (where she belongs, har har har), and when she heard me coming down the stairs, she looked up.

“Mom, I’m going out.” I walked past her and into the porch.

“Courtney, no,” Mom came out to where I was putting on my sneakers. “I won’t allow you to go out anywhere alone. You just got out of the hospital, and I dislike the fact of you going back anytime soon.”

“Mom, chill,” I put my hand up. “I feel fine. Great, actually. I’m going to take the bus down to Rachel’s house, because believe it or not, she worries more than you.”

“There’s always such thing as a phone,”Mom rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, but I’m not gonna use it. I’m going to Rachel’s. I’ll be back by 8 or 9, and if I’m not, call my cell.” I rushed out the door before she could say anything else.

Was I going to Rachel’s? No way. I was headed straight for Puck’s house. He was the only one I wanted to see at this point. And of course, I would see him.

His house wasn’t too far away, but it wasn’t a good walking distance, either. Then again, I just really needed to get out of the house. So, walking sounded good to me.

It took about twenty-five minutes to get there. Once I arrived, I rang his doorbell and listened to a “ding dong” go throughout the house. I heard running footsteps, and then Puck’s little sister answered the door.

“Oh, it’s you!” she grinned, and then she cocked an eyebrow. “I thought you were in the hospital!”

“I was, but I’m okay now. Where’s your brother?” I wondered.

“He’s in his room. You can come in.” She opened the door and let me in.

I walked inside and took off my shoes. I had to walk through the kitchen to get to his room, and his mom was making food.

“Hey, Courtney. How are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m feeling a lot better, thanks,” I smiled. “Whatever you’re making smells amazing.”

“Why, thank you. You can stay for supper if you’d like.”

“I’d love to. Is Noah in his room?”

“Yep. Tell him supper will be ready in 15.”

“Will do.” I ran up the stairs and to his bedroom, which was shut. I knew better than to just walk in, so I knocked a few times.

“Come in!” he called.

I opened the door, and as soon as he saw me, he jumped up from where he was lying on his bed and pretty much tackled me.

“Holy shit, where’d you come from?” he squeezed me to death.

“My mom told me to rest, but I didn’t feel like it, so I just got up and walked over here.”

“Aww, really? Are you okay? Here, lie down.” He let go of me and gestured to his bed. But I shook my head.

“Why does everyone treat me like a kid now? I’m fine, really.”

“I’m sorry, I’ve just been worrying sick about you since it happened.” He wrapped his arms around my back again.

“That’s really sweet of you, but I’m great.” I told him.

He finally let go of me again, and smiled that smile I loved so much. “Good.”

I walked over to his bed and sat down. He sat down beside me. “So, I’m pretty sure you’re going to be let back into the Glee club.”

“Yeah, I think so, too,” I admitted. “But I don’t think I’m deserving at all.”

“Hey, come on. We’ve already been through this. You just fucked up. Don’t we all?” He put his hand on my back.

“Yeah, I guess.” I shrugged.

“Speaking of Glee, wanna hear something I’ve been working on to perform?” He eyed his guitar in the corner of his room.

“Of course.”

He stood up and went over to pick up his guitar. Then, he sat back on the bed and strummed a few chords for the intro. He began to sing, and I knew that I would be even more in love with him by the end of the song.

“How could she look so fine?
How could it be she might be mine?
How could she be so cool?
I've been taken for a fool.
So many times.
It's a story of a man,
Who works as hard as he can.
Just to be a man,
who stands on his own.
But the book always burns,
As the story takes it turn,
An leaves a broken man.
How could she be so cool?
How could she be so fine?
I owe a favor to a friend.
My friends they always come through for me- Yeah.
It's a story of a man,
Who works as hard as he can.
Just to be a man,
who stands on his own.
But the book always burns,
As the story takes it turn,
And leaves a broken man.
If you could only live my life,
You could see the difference you make to me- To me.
I'd look right up at night,
And all I'd see was darkness.
Now I see the stars alright.
I wanna reach right up and grab one for you.
When the lights went down in your house,
Yeah, that made me happy.
The sweat I make for you.
Yeah...I think you know where that comes from.”

“Well I'd look right up at night,
And all I'd see was darkness.
Now I see the stars alright.
I wanna reach right up and grab one for you.
When the lights went down in your house,
Yeah, that made me happy.
The sweat I make for you,
I think you know where that comes from.”

“How could she look so good?
How could she be so fine?
How could she be so cool?
How could it be she might be mine?”

He stopped, and looked up at me with lovesick eyes. “That was for you.”

I was speechless. I didn’t even think. I grabbed his face and shoved it into my own. He didn’t hesitate at all, which I was happy for, although I doubted he would in the first place. I knew he wanted the same thing.

I let go about thirty seconds later, and looked at him. I would never forget the extremely happy look on his face.

“I love you,” I blurted out, but it wasn’t really blurting, because usually people tend to regret the things they blurt. I didn’t regret this at all.

“You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that,” he told me, throwing his hands around my neck and pulling me closer to him. “I love you, too, Courtney.”

Suddenly, a knock came upon his door. “Supper’s ready!” His mom said through the door.

We both stood up and headed downstairs, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I'm so sorry for the wait. I feel like a douchebag, hahaha.
But, on the plus side, there's only a chapter to go, I think, and then I'm done the whole story.
Either way, I'm making a sequel. So, keep yo eyes peeled!
Music:
So Fine - Guns 'N' Roses :)