Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Relax, Take It Easy

"Hey, you Macho!" Ash called out to the Gryffindor table as she walked into the Great Hall. One week had passed in what felt like a second and now she had just seen off her best friends as they had got on the train home, leaving her as one of four Slytherins back in Hogwarts.

"Hey Ash," Harry answered her call annoyed. Ever since he ran through the Great Hall, many girls had increased their advances on him and Ash was teasing him none stop about it.

"What's with the long face? You should be proud at the amount of girls falling all over for you. After your little display on Sunday, I understand them though... Nearly fell in love with you as well," she grinned.

"Let me guess... the others left?"

"Yeah, they left me here, broken and alone... with two unknown first year and the horror!"

"The horror?" Ron asked confused.

"Draco," Ash answered rolling her eyes.

"Draco is staying in Hogwarts over the holiday? That's new..." Hermione said slowly, looking over to the Slytherin table where she saw Draco sitting, eating his breakfast alone.

"Yeah he said he wanted quiet time to study for the N.E.W.T.s."

"Where are the Goons?"

"On that train to London."

"Really?"

"Yeah from all Slytherins its just us two and the giggle freaks" Ash said, noticing the other two Slytherins giggle at one end of the table.

"That really is weird," Harry said glancing over his shoulder at Draco, who just finished eating and was walking out of the hall. "Where's he going?" he asked Ash

"Huh? Why do you ask me? We don't really talk any more," she said pouting. "But if you ask me, he's probably going to the Room of Requirements. He does that a lot lately."

"The Room of Requirement? What would he want there?"

"Probably a quiet room to study," Ash shrugged and looked at the door, that Draco just passed through. "Any way, what are you guys planning on doing over the Easter holidays?" she asked with a smile, turning to face the others.

"I don't know yet, probably play a bit of Quidditch and wizard chess, relax and swim." Ron answered, but Hermione shook her head.

"No Ron. We're gonna study," and when Ash snickered, she turned to look at her and added, "all of us." - that made Ron snicker.

"But you can't force us to study every hour of every week!" Harry protested, forgetting whatever ran through his mind when he saw Draco walk away.

"The N.E.W.T.s are the most important thing you'll ever write! If you want to become Auror, you will need to do exceptionally well in all of your courses," Hermione argued, while Ash snickered.

"Why are you laughing?" Hermione and Harry shot in unison.

"Oh I'm just happy that I don't really need the N.E.W.T.s," she grinned "I wanna be a singer, hence no need for me to stress myself through the whole procedure!"

"And what if that wont work? huh? You need a good foundation to make sure!" Hermione told her, with a voice that told Ash that her life was on the line of she rejected that notion.

"Alright, alright..." she said, raising her hands in the air in defence, "but at least let us wait until tomorrow! I'm way to hyper right now!" Ash grinned and got of the bench and jumped around. "Lets go to the lake!"

The sun was burning down from the sky, the lake was glistening in the light, blinding them as they neared and the shore was plastered with those students that decided to stay in Hogwarts during the holidays.

When Ash and the trio walked up to the lake, they couldn't help but marvel over the landscape before them. It was simply beautiful.

Slowly they came to a stop on a little higher level that was covered by a tree. Getting comfortable they just stayed sitting there and allowed the scenery to relax them.

A couple of minutes later, Ash suddenly heard Ginny's giggle from a few meters left of them and saw her sitting together with Dean and a few of her friends. Calmly she let her eyes wander over to Harry, who - as she had noticed - also heard the giggle. He looked furious. As if a monster had taken control of his facial features. Ron had he same furious expression, but Harry's expression held so much more... Ash smiled a bit as she studied his face, but she didn't say a word to him.

"Oi! Ginny!" she suddenly called out and turned to her younger cousin.

Surprised Ginny looked up and saw Ash and the three Gryffindors looking at her. "Hey," she called back unsure.

"You and your friends wanna join us? I'm in desperate need of funny company," Ash joked and received a playful hit on the shoulder by Hermione as the words left her mouth.

Ginny looked at the others and nodded carefully, before standing up and walking over to them. Four of her friends had stayed in Hogwarts and Dean. Quietly Ash watched as Dean sat down behind her cousin and wrap his arms around her waist protectively. "You her new boyfriend?" Ash asked with a slightly bitching tone of voice.

"Um, yeah..."

"Huh."

"What do you mean 'Huh'?" Ginny asked annoyed.

"Nothing, just 'Huh.'"

"Huh."

"Exactly."

Silence spread through the group as they all sat their, deep in their own thoughts. Suddenly Ash took out her wand and conjured up music. Surprised at the sudden sound, the others looked at her confused, before they recognized the sing and got a cheeky grin in their face andbadly singing along to the classic summer song.

If everybody had an ocean
Across the U.S.A.
Then everybody'd be surfin'
Like californ-I-A
You'd see 'em wearin' their baggies
Huarachi sandals, too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U.S.A.

You'd catch 'em surfin at Del Mar (Inside, outside, U.S.A.)
Ventura County line
Santa Cruz and Tressels,
Australia's Narabine,
All over Manhattan,
And down Doheny way

Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin U.S.A.

We'll all be plannin' out a route
We're gonna take real soon
We're waxin' down our surfboards
We can't wait for June
We'll all be gone for the summer
Were on safari to stay
Tell the teacher we're surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.

At Haggerty's and Swami's
Pacific Palisades
San Onofre and Sunset
Redondo Beach, L.A.
All over La Jolla
At Waiamea Bay

Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.

Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.

Yeah, everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.


When the song ended they were all trying to hold in giggles and were receiving the mostvicious envious looks from the other people sitting around the lake.

"So nice!" Dean boasted. "But Ash, aren't you in the music class? Sing something!"

"I just did."

"No I mean really."

Ash sighed at the request, but soon the song Summer Dreamin was blasting out of her wand.

Come on over have some fun
Dancin' in the mornin' sun
Look into the bright blue sky
Come and let your spirit fly
Livin' it up this brand new day
Summer sun, it's time to play
Doing things that feel so good
Get into the motion

What I'm feeling
It's never been so easy
When I'm dreaming
Summer dreaming
When you're with me

Just another lucky day
No one makes me feel this way
Watch the waves and feel the sand
Kiss me now and take my hand
Hear all the laughter in the street
Smiling in the summer heat
Cool touch of your hand in mine
We can be together

What I'm feeling
It's never been so easy
When I'm dreaming
Summer dreaming
When you're with me

Dreaming
Never been so easy

All the people
They turn as we walk on by
Walk on by

(You know) loving you just feels so right
Lighting up the darkest night
Go turn up the radio
Don't ever let me go
All of the tears I've cried before
They can't touch me anymore
Now that you are by my side
It's all I need to know

What I'm feeling
It's never been so easy
When I'm dreaming
Summer dreaming
When you're with me

Come on over, have some fun
Dancin' in the morning sun
We can keep this dream alive
If we try


The others smiled at her when she finished, "You really need to become singer, Ash! You're awesome!" one of Ginnys unknown and uninteresting friends said with a smile, which Ash returned politely.

"Thank you. That is the goal!" she answered as the next song started to play - this time Blue (Da Be Dee) by Eiffel 65... Singing along to the music, enjoying the sun rays and the cool spring wind, the group stayed at the lake until the sun had set over the woods, missing dinner in the process. But they just sneaked into the kitchens later on to get some yummy food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you guys! Hope you liked the chapter!
I just noticed that at the start I used some songs that weren't even known at the time when this story plays =/ hence I thought to make up for it, I'll put in some awesome classics that everyone needs to know and are easy to sing along to! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Surfin' USA - Beach Boys
Summer Dreaming - Kate Yanai