Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Infirmary

Everything around them was unimportant. They heard the calls, they heard the concerned and angry voices. They saw the people who rushed up to them, they saw the people who took away the stunned body of the disfigured Death Eater. They felt the people trying to shake them out of their frozen state, they felt them tear them apart and take them to the infirmary in Hogwarts.

All that time they didn't utter a word. Two empty shells that didn't seem to have any emotions, which only motions consisted of their interlocked glance that never broke.

They were lying in the infirmary now, staring at each other, while around them their family and friends sat, concerned. Finally sleep claimed them and they drifted into darkness...

When Ash woke up again the infirmary, night had defeated the day and tainted everything in a dark colour. The only noise came from Draco's light breathing in the bed next to her. Slowly she turned her head to look at him. He was breathing evenly, but she knew he was awake. His arms where crossed behind his head and his eyes where staring at the ceiling. He noticed her stare and turned his face to look at her.

He smiled when he met her eyes, a smile that she returned.

Softly Ash threw the blanket away from her body and weakly crossed towards his bed, where he already awaited her with his own blanket open for her to slip in. Without any hesitation she slipped in with him and lay her head on his warm breathing chest. Quickly he let the blanket fall back down across them and held her close, gently moving his hand over her back.

Again they just lay there in silence. It was a comforting silence that seemed to fill them with energy again.

After they stayed in that position for what felt like forever, Draco finally broke the silence. "How are you?" he asked.

Ash looked up at him, but he was still looking at the ceiling. "I'm fine, now. How about you?"

He nodded. "Fine."

"You know what fine means, right?" Ash asked a smile playing across her face when she remembered that time he had asked her the exact same question.

He gave half a chuckle. "Fucked up, Insecure, Neutrotic and Emotional."

Ash put an arm around his body and hugged him tight.

"Who was he?" Draco asked quietly.

Ash swallowed hard, "my ex-boyfriend."

"And here I was thinking you actually had taste." Draco chuckled.

"He looked better the last time I saw him. Less ... twisted. I guess his inner beauty came through."

"He's the reason why your here, right?" She nodded into his chest. "I guess I'll have to be grateful to him then." Ash looked up at Draco shocked, he just keep staring at the ceiling.

"Idiot," she grumbled and burrowed her head deeper into his chest. He tightened his hold of her.

Silence swept over the two of them again.

"What do you think we should do now?" Ash asked after a while.

"What do you want to do?" Draco asked back.

"I guess I'd just like to forget about it and get on with life."

"Then that's what we're gonna do." Ash smiled into the boys chest and heard the smile on his face as he continued speaking. "Tomorrow we'll get out of here and move on."
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOOT!!! 20 Chapters!!
Thank you for reading the story and commenting!!!

Compared to the other chapters this one isn't very long, but it just felt right to end it here.
Tell me what you think of it! Critiques are also welcome!
Comment!