Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Visitors

The two of them were still entangled when they got woken by the sound of people rushing into the infirmary. Many of them letting out disapproving gasps when they saw that they where sleeping in the same bed.

Ash tried to stay silent, pretending to sleep, when she heard Draco emit an annoyed grunt which made her giggle.

"Their awake," she heard someone say. She sighed and forced herself to open her eyes.Yawning she blobbed herself on her elbows and looked around. Under the blanket Draco tightened his grip on her, telling her to not go away.

"Morning," she said with another yawn and looked around at the people that where standing around the bed. She was actually surprised at how many people that were. There was Blaise and Tracy who looked happy to see her and Draco awake (and Ash could have sworn to see a flicker of amusement in their eyes when they noticed Draco's arm around her), Pansy and Daphne who were glaring at her and looked at Draco concerned, then there was Ginny who seemed just as amused at the entangled pair as Tracy and Blaise and relieved when she saw the smile that was playing around Ash's face; she wouldn't go back to her former depressing self, last but not least there were Ron, Hermione and Harry, who didn't seem happy about the situation with Draco but looked past that and were just relieved that she was alright.

"What are you doing in Draco's bed?" Pansy screeched making Ash focus of her again.

Ash raised one of her eyebrows. "You jealous?" she asked mockingly.

Pansy was fuming. "You bitch."

"So I've been called."

"You slut!"

So I've... no, that ones actually new," she said turning to Draco, who shrugged.

"If your just going to screech around leave," Draco said and stared at her.

"But... but Dracie!" Pansy said shocked by his harsh words but was quieted by his icy stare. Quickly she turned around and fled the room. Daphne following her silently.

"That was mean," Ash told him matter-of-factly when Daphne left the room.

"She was giving me headaches," Draco shrugged.

Rolling her eyes she looked back at the others. "He's an douche," she told them in an apologetic tone of voice which made their visitors giggle.

"But an hot douche," he added and squeezed her hip which made Ash glare down at him playfully.

"How are you feeling?" Ron asked changing the topic.

Ash looked at him with a warm smile. She could see the sorrow and guilt in his eyes that he hadn't been there to save her. "I'm good, really." Ash told him and got out of the bed to hug him. "You don't have to worry about me, you know, I'm a strong girl," she whispered into his ear as his hug tightened around her.

"Don't ever scare me like that again, alright?" he whispered back to her to which she nodded.

Next she walked over to Ginny. "I was really scared when they told me what happened," Ginny confessed.

Ash scrunched up her face, "Poor Ginny-poo. You know I can take care of myself. I already escaped him once. I will always be able to escape him and the terrors of the time. Also you don't have time to worry about me when you've got Ron, Hermione and Harry to worry about. At least I don't go hunting for danger, unlike those three."

Ginny sighed. "Don't remind me," but then smiled up at Ash once again.

After Ginny, Harry and Hermione came over to her. Hermoine gave her an bone crushing hug, while Harry stood there a bit awkwardly, feeling bad about how he had treated her before the last couple of weeks. Annoyed Ash pulled him into a hug. Quietly she whispered into his ear. "Remember that feeling the next time you wanna be a jerk towards me." Ash felt him stiffen, but then he loosened again when she gave him an kiss on the cheek and whispered "You know I can't stay mad at Voldi's arch enemy."

"Voldi?" Harry chuckled.

"You like?"

"Me like."

Ash grinned up at him. Behind her she could hear Draco talking with Tracy and Blaise. "Thank you guys for coming," she told the Gryffindors with a smile and gave them another big hug.

Then she turned to face the rest of the group and jumped on Blaise's back yelling "Piggyback!" Caught of guard he stumbled towards the wall, but caught himself before hitting it or falling down.

"Your annoying, you know that?" Blaise grumbled while moving her into an comfortable position.

"But that's why you love me!"

"Sadly," he mumbled, which gained him a slap on the shoulder by Ash.

"I wanna get out of here." Ash told them, trying to stir Blaise in the direction of the door, which weirdly enough did not work.

"Madam Pomfrey didn't allow you to go yet." Tracy chimed and told Blaise to dump her of in bed again, her own bed.

"No!" Ash squeaked when Blasie wanted to do just that. "My bed is cold. I want Draco's bed." Ash pouted. Blaise and Tracy looked at each other then down at Draco who was already moving to the side to make space for her. With a sigh Blaise turned back around and put her into Draco's bed. Sitting down on the other end himself. Tracy copied him.

"You know what the sad thing is?" Draco asked after a couple minutes of silence.

All three looked up at him.

"Its the weekend, we didn't even miss a single day of school!" Ash's jaw fell as realisation hit her.

"Why is life so unfair!" she cried, making all the others laugh.

"I can't believe that really is your only concern after what happened!" Tracy sighed in disbelieve. But Draco and Ash didn't let anything ruin their fake good mood.

They where hurting all over and the curse that they had been under may not have scared them physically but it had scared them emotionally, they just didn't want to admit it. Hence, they put on a smile and joked around.

They got the strength to do just that from each other. They needed one another, otherwise they would loose themselves in a tornado of negativity and despair.

After what seemed like years, Madam Pomfrey finally came to check on her two patients.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, ignoring the fact that they where laying in the same bed. She had already seem them when she had come in that morning to check on them, while they were still asleep.

"Fine," both answered simultaneously and went into an fit of laughter. Their light mood not reaching their eyes though.

"Are we allowed to leave yet?" Ash asked the nurse when she had calmed down again.

"I still want to run a few tests, but once they are over, I don't see why not, you seem to be lively enough," she answered and smiled at the teenagers that where clinging at each other.

Their friends may have not noticed but the nurse had seen these types of behaviours enough to see the pain they where in. Holding them prison in their beds and the infirmary, wouldn't help them. She'd have to keep an eye on them while they where living life in the freedom of the school routine.

With a sad look in her eyes she turned away from the kids and started to run the tests. When she finished she told them they could go. "When you ever need to talk, or whenever something is wrong my door is always open for you two," she told them before they went out of the door to grab a bit in the Great Hall, where dinner was served now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a flow right now XD
Comments Please!!