Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw

Everywhere around the school a buzz of excitement filled the air. There where only 6 games a year and the people couldn't wait for the season to finally start. Even the teachers were excited, Ash noticed. Flitwick had even painted his face in blue and silver, to match his house colours.

Another thing Ash had noticed was that most people where wearing the Ravenclaw colours. Only specks of green could be seen spread around the Great Hall - with the exception of the Slytherin table which was a sea of greens.

"Wow... Slytherin really isn't loved," she stated while they walked towards their table.

"Does it surprise you?" Blaise asked and Ash shook her head.

"Not really," she grinned. Nothing could ruin her good mood this morning.

"Today is the big day," Ash sang while walking up to the rest of the team with Tracy and Blaise, giving Draco a kiss on the cheek when she sat down next to him. She couldn't hold back her excitement as she watched the other players play with their food. "Why are you all looking as if you where eaten and spit out again?" Ash asked concerned.

"Anxiety?" Chase suggested while flicking his eggs.

Ash pouted. "Come on guys! Its a game! After one month of hell, we are finally able to show of our skills and kick Ravenclaws ass!"

A couple of the players looked up at her and smiled, "yeah, your right!" some mumbled and started actually shoving the food into their mouth, instead of pushing it around their plate.

"Oi, Weasley! How are you feeling?" Parkinson asked when they passed the team.

Surprised Ash looked up at her. "I'm feeling good, thank you," she smiled while Pansy sneered.

"Well, you better not embarrass our house, we all know that your nothing. We all know that the only reason you managed to get into the team is because the Draco was scared that he wouldn't get into your pants any more if he didn't choose you," she glared.

Mouth ajar Ash watched as Pansy walk away with Daphne and some wannabe fifth years that thought they were oh-so-cool hanging out with Pansy Parkinson. Slowly she turned to look at the others, who stared at Pansy's back just like she had. "Wow," she said before she started laughing. Her team mates looked at her as if she were a freak. "I know that I'm good. So why should I let the Bimbo tell me otherwise. I'll show her why Draco picked me to be a beater," she grinned at them - Nothing could ruin her good mood today.

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to have assembled in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. And Ash muttered, "holy shit" when she noticed that even more people where running up from the castle. Quickly she went into the changing rooms and changed into her emerald green and silver Quidditch robes.

Draco cleared his throat for silence. "Alright guys. This is it. Our first game as a team, representing Slytherin. Our goal is to win, so do everything you see fit in order to win. If it happens to be something frowned upon, don't let yourself be caught. Understood?"

Everyone nodded except for Ash. "Just don't do anything frowned upon," she said with a frown. "That way you can't be seen. We've trained hard and we're good. We can beat these know-it-alls without illegal moves!"

The team looked at her and then back at Draco who sighed at the glare he was getting from his girlfriend. "Win," he said and then started walking out of the changing room and out onto the field, where they were greeted with loud cheers.

Madam Hooch was the referee. She was waiting for the two teams to join in the middle of the pitch. "Now, I want a fair game, all of you," she said looking pointedly at the Slytherin team, once they had gathered around her.

"Mount your brooms." All the players did as told and got ready to launch themselves into the air after the Quaffle.

Madam Hooch gave a blast with her silver whistle.

"And the game begins!" A voice shouted over the loudspeakers as the two teams pushed of the ground and 15 brooms rose up high into the air. Ash recognized the voice as Amelia Hawthorn's, a third year Ravenclaw girl that she knew from her extra-curricular music classes. 'I guess she took over Jordan's part.' she though while scanning the field for the Bludgers and watching the Ravenclaw teams miserable try of stealing the Quaffle from their Chaser Donot.

"Donot has snatched the Quaffle and is racing towards the Ravenclaw goals. But there comes Langley. Will he be able to steal the Quaffle from the Slytherin Chaser?" At the same moment that Amelia commented on Langley, Ash saw one of the Bludgers only a few meters away from her and with all her strength she hit the iron ball into the direction of Langley, hitting his broom just as he was about to hit the Quaffle out of the Slytherins grasp.

"What was that? Weasley hit Langley's broom with the Bludger to allow her team mate to get away and pass the Quaffle to Montague. He flys towards the hoops, zigzagging his way to confuse Ravenclaws Keeper Donaugh and sends the Quaffle into the left hoop. 10 points for Slytherin."

1/4 of the crowd cheered. The others watched with contempt.

The game continued. Alicia Emmet has caught the Quaffle and is belting through the Slytherin defense - pass to Howard Cantop, Ravenclaw if quickly flying towards the hoops - back to Emmet - Emmet shoots - No! Slytherin Keeper Sean Bole caught the Quaffle." Amelia yells with despair and while Bole sends the Quaffle flying towards Isabel Breaker.

"Isabel Breaker dashing over the field with the Quaffle in her hands - quick pass towards Montague, but nicely intercepted by Cantop - Cantop changing directions back to the Slytherin Hoops - OUCH - his arm is hit by the Bludger, that must have hurt - he lets the Quaffle fall and it is caught by Weasley? who quickly passes it to Breaker. now that's new. I never saw a beater catching a Quaffle before. - Breaker speeds through the Ravenclaw team and is about to sco - no - Donaugh saves it with an excellent move, while the Slytherin beater Chase Orion saves breaker from a deadly Bludger sent from Duncan Inglebee. - Distracted by the Bludger the Slytherins fail to notice that the Quaffle is now speeding towards their goals in the arms of Jayson Langley - Langley dodges a speeding Bludger - goal posts ahead - Bole dives to catch it - misses - RAVENCLAW SCORES - 10 POINTS FOR RAVENCLAW!"

3/4 of the crowd cheer. Ash flies over to Chase. "This is staring to annoy me," she states.

"What?"

"That everyone here seems to be for Ravenclaw."

"Get used to it. It'll be like that for all games."

Ash grimaced and stuck out her tongue when she saw a Bludger racing towards the audience. Quickly she dashed after it, while checking out the situation. Langley was trying to snatch the Quaffle again briskly she dashed pass the Bludger and hit it towards Langley, only this time not aiming for his broom but head.

'Score!' she through when the Bludger hit her flying target on the back of the head making him lose his balance on his broom. Not having anticipated him falling of the broom, Ash quickly raced over to the falling body and caught him before he hit the ground.

"Don't let go of the broom if you can't keep your balance douche bag," she yelled and set him of on the ground.

"What were you doing?" Draco yelled at her, when she was flew past him.

"I caught him. Can't have dead person ruining our game now can we?" she shot back. "You concentrate on finding that snitch before the other seeker does." They sneered at each other before Ash had to rush of again to save Bole from a Bludger in the stomach.

Fed up, she called out to Chase. "Alright I've had enough. We're gonna turn it up a notch," she told him. "Go for every Bludger you can find and hit those Ravenclaws with all your might. It's time to be merciless." Chase nodded at her and raced off.

"Weasley and Chase seem to have started war against the Ravenclaw players," Amelia yelled and jumped up from her seat. "One Bludger after the other is sent towards the team members of the Ravenclaw team - their own beaters not able to keep up with the attacks. - Langley gets hit and lets the Quaffle fall - Donot catches it and speeds towards the hoops, where Donaugh is distracted by Bludger hitting him in the stomach. Donot throws and scores. Slytherin gains another 10 points."

"Cantop get the Quaffle - OUCH - hit by an Bludger in the back - Breaker steals the falling Quaffle - throws - again the Slytherins score... Is it even legal for the beaters to go on an all out war?"

All around the pitch "Boo"s could be heard as the Slytherins scored. Ash raced over to Draco and grinned. "See we can win without going into the illegals."

Draco just shook his head on her when he saw a Bludger racing for Ash. "Ash! Watch out" Draco cried quickly Ash shot around and attached her bat with the Bludger before it could connect with her face. It shot towards the Ravenclaw seeker who accidentally got in the way and soon hung up side down from his broom.

"Lucky!" Ash squealed and grinned at Draco. "Thanks for the warning"

"Any time," Draco said and went back to his position above the other players, searching for the Snitch.

Silently she looked around again to see if she was needed somewhere and saw that Ravenclaw managed to score.

"SCORE FOR RAVENCLAW!" Amelia shouted and changed the points to 30:20 for Slytherin.

"Isy!" Ash yelled as one of the chasers rushed past her. "Do the German technique I showed you!" Isy looked at Ash and nodded signalling the new strategy to the others.

"Montague has the Quaffle - kicks it hard to Breaker, who weaves in and out of the opponents - she throws back to Montague - he stops while the Ravenclaw team rushes past him - the Ravenclaw chasers turn while Montague throws the Quaffle to Donot who leaps into the air and scores! Breaker catches it and drop kicks it back towards Montague - Montague jumps from his broom - HEADBUTTS it into the hoop! Another 10 points for Slytherin! The score is now 50:20 for Slytherin." Amelia shouts into the loudspeaker in front of her.

Ash clapped for the chasers who have finally perfected the move she had shown them. The Ravenclaws stared at the chasers in awe.

"Since when did Slytherin become this good at team play and strategy?" Ash heard one of the Ravenclaws curse while they shot towards the Quaffle in the hope of getting it before the Slytherins could have another shot at the goals.

Ash grinned and went back to do her job of hitting their opponents mercilessly with the Bludgers and protecting her team from the opponents Bludgers.

After 6 more goals - 4 Slytherin and 2 Ravenclaw - Ash saw how Draco dived through the play grounds, following a golden shimmer. Swiftly she searched for the opposing Seeker and tried to take him out with a Bludger that was flying at her. She hit and the seeker was sent flying of his broom.

While she raced to catch the falling body - again. She saw that Draco had caught the snitch and was holding it high for everyone to see.

Applause erupted from the stands as Amelia shouted out their victory. "DRACO MALFOY CAUGHT THE SNITCH! SLYTHERIN WINS THIS MATCH WITH 240 POINTS."

Swiftly she caught the Seeker that she had swept of his broom and threw him to one of his approaching team mates, before she raced over to Draco - knocking him of his broom onto the grass when she hugged him while still moving. Celebrating her team mates gathered round them as she kissed Draco roughly but filled with longing. When they broke apart Ash grinned down at him and said, "We did it."
♠ ♠ ♠
First game WON!! WOOT! Beat that!!

Hope you liked it!

Comments?