Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

Congrats!

“Here’s to no more doctor visits!” Johnny toasted at the club.

“Here, here!” We shouted as we clanked our beers and drinks together.

It’s been two weeks since the news. Two weeks of no longer dreaming about the past, but instead of the family that was broken before we could start it. Ever since I found out my body couldn’t handle carrying a baby everyone has been near me, Johnny found it odd but didn’t care. Jimmy hasn’t left my side if I was left home alone. When I asked him why he wasn’t with Lea he said he’d rather be with his beautiful daughter, I found it weird but it was from Jimmy so you know he’s trying to make me feel better and keep my mind off things. Johnny’s told me he’d wake up to me sobbing in my sleep, but I told him I never remembered what I was dreaming about. Two weeks of a beautiful hell, twisted but true.

“Hey, just cause it’s your night off don’t mean you can get smashed at my club. You know the rules.” Angel said as she took away my means of escape.

“Mean!” I said and she playfully glared at me.

“Me being mean would be me telling you to stop sleeping at Johnny’s. You’re my youngest kid, yet the first to barely return home.” Angel said and I hugged her waist.

“I love you mom. Don’t worry I’ll be home tonight… Johnny’ll just be there with me.” I smiled as she rolled her eyes.

“Use a condom!” She said and I felt my jaw drop.

“Geez way to be so fucking blunt!” I joked before I remembered that Starr hasn’t been to work.

“Yo, where’s Starr?”

“Oh. She had her baby. You’ll get to see her at home. She gave birth to the most adorable baby girl. She named her Raven.” Angel said smiling. “She said she’d be happy to see all of you playing with her sometime soon.”

As I heard her words my smile faltered. Every word after ‘baby’ brought a dagger to my heart as I saw images of the children in my dreams that I’d never get to meet. Leanna must have noticed because she covered my hand with her own and smiled at me.

“I can’t wait to see her.” I said with a fake smile.

“She’ll be happy to hear that.” Angel said before she was called off.

“Eve?” Val called and I smiled at her as I stole Johnny’s beer.

“Yeah Val?” She looked at me before shaking her head.

“Never mind.” She said.

I shrugged before Jason and Matt Berry pulled my chair away from the table. Johnny was about to get up and protest but he didn’t react fast enough. Jason had me in his arms and gave me a bone crushing hug before passing me to Matt. I was a bit creeped out since the last time the boys did this I woke up to a screaming Johnny.

“What did you guys do to Johnny now?” I asked as they dropped me.

“Nothing.” Jason said as his smirk grew.

“Jason, when you have that smirk and devious glint in your eyes I fear for my life.” Matt burst out laughing at his brother’s feigned hurt.

“Nice. But don’t worry it’s not bad.” Matt said before he hugged me again. “We just heard the news. We’re sorry.” He whispered and I shook my head.

“You guys just heard something that took place two weeks ago?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah… We were… uh…” Matt stumbled before Jason rolled his eyes.

“Between being high, drunk, and tied up in the bedroom, we didn’t get the news.” Jason said bluntly and I scrunched up my nose.

“I think I liked Matt’s stumbling to find the right words.” I chuckled before they waved something in my face. “Drum sticks?” I asked wrapping my fingers around the pro mark sticks.

“Play. Everyone but us heard you before and we feel left out.” Matt said with a slight pout.

“Why did I tell you guys I can’t resist any pout?” I asked as I walked over to the able with my chair in hand.

“Cause you love us.” Jason beamed and I scoffed.

“Nah. You guys were there when I told Bri.” I said before turning to the table. “These ass clowns want me to play drums so I’ll be right back.”

“Have fun.” Bri shouted as she was getting a little drunk since Brian was handing her drinks.

“Get her hyper not drunk!” I said and everyone screamed no.

“We can handle a drunk Bri, we CAN’T handle a hyper Bri.” Johnny said and I giggled.

“Bri’s more fun hyper.” I muttered before the Berry idiots pushed me towards the stage.

“PLAY!” They ordered and I rolled me eyes at them.

“Okay!” I grumbled before walking up the stage.

What are you gonna play Chicky- Poo? Jimmy asked as he stood in front of me.

“Shattered by Broken Dreams. I request that the idiots don’t come up and sing it.” I smiled as they booed and threw things at me before shouting ‘We love you!’ I giggled lightly before turning back to the microphone. “I don’t feel like screaming the lyrics so please bare with my natural voice.”

I sang in my soprano voice as I pictured a sad raven trying to escape her life. A raven that would always smile but cry at night, longing for her freedom.

“I see you fading away from us.
I'll miss you very much.
Room with empty bottles, broken dreams,
and pride still running high, always on your side.

But I wanted more for you.
You can't go on this way.
And now I see it all fall through.
We pray for better days.”

I smiled at the thought of Jimmy sitting in my room. He’d tell me stories about everyone of the members and their girls. He loved saying ‘When you meet them…’ I always thought that he was just giving me false hope, that I’d never meet Avenged. Imagine my surprise that the months of doubting turned out to be months of him planning the greatest birthday present ever.

“Stuck alone and scared.
Throw your life away and now choking on your pride may be the only way.
I don't want to see you like this.
We all tried to save you but missed.
I still feel the hope on your road.

Now come back to us like the days of the old.
I still feel you there, trying to get on top.
You'll always have my support, in my heart.
People you've hurt.
Friends that you've lied to.”

I smiled when Matt and them came onto stage and started playing. Those fuckers never listened to me. Well that’s not true; they’re helping me keep the truth from Johnny.

“But we understand, and that's not (you) can see the end of the road,
I can see it too, for you, I'm scared, if I lose you, I'm not prepared.

This time, if you die.
I watch you, right before my eyes.
Just trust me, and listen.
You have no self control.
This will take your life.” Matt and I sang and I realized just how true that was.

If I had lost any of the people I’ve met while in Orange County I think I’d cry. They were my family and they accepted me for who I was, good and bad. I know Johnny would accept me too but… The possibility of him wanting a normal girlfriend is so high and I know I’m far from normal.

“Overdose and then indulge until you die.
Pondering, we all ask the question why.
Broken home, and then abandoned by your dad.
And we are left the only family that you've ever had.

Help you see it through.
Fight this me and you.
Reaching deep inside.
Problems not just you is what we find.
Our friendship makes it mine.”

Jimmy hugged my figure as quickly wiped away the tears. We all walked off the stage before the guys pulled me into a group hug. They had seen my pain and helped me fight my way through it. They took everything I had and made it theirs just because we were friends. With that realization I’m now determined to tell Johnny everything.

“Well damn you can play!” Jason shouted and I laughed at him through my tears.

“Evey, why are you crying?” Johnny asked when we sat down. I shook my head before kissing him tenderly.

“I just realized how happy you guys make me.” I whispered against his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw story's coming out pretty angsty and I apologize for that but it's the only one so its kinda cool-ish.