Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

A Past Ghost Making Her Presence

I woke up to see Jimmy's sleeping face for the first time in my life. I smiled a little as I saw how peaceful he looked. He looked like an angel laying dormant in my arms.

"Thank you for saving my life all those years ago." I whispered before hugging him.

"Hey, Eve." Angel's voice cried out from the hall way causing Rev to wake up.

"What?" I asked while burning a hole in my door mentally.

"Due to an emergency I have to go into work now, so before Alex goes in I'll call him and tell him to pick you up." She called from the other side of the door.

"Okay, I'll make sure I'm up and ready." I said before laying back on Rev's chest. I swear he's so effin comfortable that it's become physically impossible for me to no lay on someone's chest JUST to go to sleep.

"Okay. Just make sure you're up in an hour." She said before I heard the clacking of her heels on the wooden floor.

"Uhg... Now I can't sleeeeep!" I whined while beating on his bare chest.

I feel like we just had sex and I don't remember any of it. This is how things go south for guys! I looked at Jimmy like he had three heads since I couldn't understand anything he was saying until he pointed down at our bodies.

"Well damn." I said as I saw that I was in my bra and underwear with my body pressed against his side. My left knee was resting a little below his kneecap. My head was placed in the crook of his neck and my hand was resting a little above his pelvic bone. "I feel like you cheated on your wife with me." I mumbled before tracing his 'FICTION' tattoo.

What the hell are you doing? He asked before placing his hand over mine.

"Tracing your tattoo. I'm extremely bored and it's fun to trace the designs. I might actually get one in a few days and I want to get a pretty one. I figured since you have like a million I can just find a nice pattern on you." I said as my finger moved to the 'C'.

Okay, well you have to start getting ready. Your ride will be here in an hour and you have to cover up a lot of bruises. He said before kissing my hand to make the scar heal faster.

"Alight." I got up and gathered the white outfit I was going to wear last night. "Oh. Jimmy," I said before kissing his cheek.

What was that for? He asked when I backed away.

"For you being the amazing older brother that I've always wanted." I said before running to the shower.

*Time skips to when she has her white outfit on and she's doing her makeup*

"Uhg this is so effin painful! Why are the cuts so much worse than the bruises?" I asked while pouting.

Well these wounds are deeper. He said blowing on the right hand. Plus you were technically supposed to go see a doctor about it.

"Well I didn't." I said before applying the cover up on the bruise given to me on my left cheek. "You know, I might be pretty if only they'd stop beating me up like years ago."

You are pretty. And once the bruises heal you'll be almost as beautiful as Leanna. I smiled at his comment before pulling away my hand and putting on my white arm warmers.

"So many friends that's past through my life." I mumbled as I started to apply the layers of necklaces. They all showed to some degree the amount of love that each person held for me.

I'll be right back. I'm going to go raid the fridge. Rev said before vanishing.

I nodded before playing with the trinkets adorning my neck. Each brought back a painful memory.

The A7X death bat at the base of my neck brought the image of my one true friend to the forefront of my mind. She was so much like me that it scared us. She had true blonde hair and ice blue eyes. Her stare could memorize anyone near her. She dressed all in band gear and always held her iPod touch in her hands. She told me that music used to be the one thing that saved her, then we became friends. Whenever one of us had gotten beaten we’d call the other and cry to them knowing that the other would understand.

“Happy birthday Eve.” She beamed as we saw each other in front of her school.

“Thanks, I love it!” I said as she clasped it around my bruised neck. She kissed my neck before tracing my newly formed bruises.

“I hate it when they hurt you.” She said before she hugged me. Lois was like an older sister to me and I was like a younger sister to her.

“I know… But I’m not strong enough to run from my family.” I said with a wry smile. She frowned but nodded her head.

“ Remember, I’ll always love you.” She said before running into the building.

“I should’ve known then.” I mumbled while remembering the headline for the paper the next day. 17 Year Old Girl Found Dead In The Bath! That night she filled the bathtub and got in. she wrote a note on the wall… In the blood that was seeping out from the gash in her wrist. It read ‘You’re not the only one afraid to run, so let’s end it before they can.’ The smile on her face from the pictures shown was one of pure bliss and happiness… It has always haunted me, even now.

Hey Eve… What’s wrong? I know you don’t have a hangover. Rev asked when he saw me vomiting bile. Every time I thought about it, pictured the image of how she looked I’d get sick and throw up.

“N-noth--” I couldn’t even finish my sentence as more stomach acid ran up my throat.

Whoa, come on tell me. He pleaded while holding back my hair and running my back. I wanted to tell him, hell every aspect of my being was yelling to tell him, but I couldn’t. the thought of telling him made me want to throw up more.

“Uhg. Disgusting.” I mumbled while getting up on shaky legs.

Evey, what happened? Rev asked as he steadied me.

“Nothing, I just got sick.” My voice was hoarse from the constant coughing.

Bullshit. This has happened since the first night that I met you. Tell me the truth. His demand made me smile a little.

“I’d love too… But if the thought alone and make me puke… I’m scared to know what talking about it will make me do.” I mumbled before I heard the doorbell ring. “Come on.” I said before dashing out of the bathroom.

*Skip the car ride*

“Hey Angel.” I said as I sat on one of the bar stools.

“Hey sweetie. Sorry about last night and earlier. One of our regulars had their baby and we wanted to celebrate with her and then things got out of hand and I was afraid to let you come and see.” Angel said before placing some foaming liquid in front of me. “Strawberry called and said she heard you throwing up in the bathroom. It’s totally legal so you don’t have to worry about anything.”

Yea because strip clubs are totally filled with law abiding owners. Rev said sitting next to me.

“Thank you.” I mumbled before I felt my eyes stinging. “Fuck.” I whispered before going to the drums.

What’s wrong? Jimmy asked as I picked up the sticks.

“… Regrets… Maybe.” I said while playing with the wooden sticks. “Maybe I’m just down because tomorrow’s my birthday.” I smiled faintly before looking into his blue eyes.

Evey… what’s wrong? Why are you sad if your birthday is tomorrow. By definition you’ll be a legal adult and free. That shit is worth celebrating. His smile didn’t infect me this time and I sighed. I was alone with him so it’s ok to tell him now… Right?

“Tomorrow marks Lilly’s one year death anniversary. She was the only one who understood everything because she went through it herself,” I started gagging at the memory of her smiling face as she laid in the tub. “She--” The stomach acid didn’t want to stay in the pits of my stomach. “She wanted me to escape with her,” I threw up a little in my mouth but swallowed it back down.

Please just let me get this out. I need to tell somebody. I pleaded before I felt the final churning in my stomach.

“Shit!” I cursed before getting up and jumping off the stage. I landed on my feet, barely, and ran straight towards the bathroom.

“Eve?” I heard Angel call to me before I threw up on the ground near the bar. I heard the door chime indicating a costumer. “Leanna, I’ll be with you in one moment.” Angel said before coming to my side. I heard her fingers snap and I suspect that she told someone to get a mop.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered after the final chunks left my system.

“What happened?” She asked while guiding me to a booth to lay down on the table.

Yea Evey, what happened? I looked up to see Jimmy sitting in the booth with the word ‘CONCERN’ printed on his forehead.

“I was thinking about something in my past and then… well that memory normally causes me to throw up.” I explained before Bubbles came over with water. “Thanks.”

“No problem… Evey how old are you?” She asked making her pig-tails smack her when she tilted her head.

“Tomorrow I turn eighteen.” I said and she squealed.

“Yay! I’m not the youngest!” She started a little dance and I giggled a little. “So this must mean that you’re loved a lot right?” I stared at her blankly.

“What do you mean?” I asked as EVERYONE started to gather over here.

LEANNA! Rev got out of the booth to hug his wife and kiss her cheek.

“Well people born on Valentine’s Day are always loved right? I mean if they were born on that day it means that they were born to be loved.” She explained and I smiled sweetly at her.

“That doesn’t apply to everyone. I… I’m n--”

“Okay! Everyone back to work. Evey, you sit there and rest a little. Michelle, what can I do for you girls?” Angel asked after everyone cleared away from me.

“Well, our boys are coming back tomorrow and we were wondering if we could rent out the bar tomorrow.” She said with a hopeful smile.

“Sure. Most of our regulars won’t be coming because they have dates with their partners so yea you can rent out the building tomorrow.” Angel said before the Rev did a little jig.

Yes! Everything’s coming together! Eve you have to work that day. Even if you’re gushing out blood you’re to go to work. Rev said with a smile. The blood gushing comment had me running to the bathroom.

“I hate him.” I mumbled into the toilet.

*Skipping to her first night of working*

“Eve, take this to table two.” Angel said while handing me a tray of beers.

“Sure.” I said before going to the table with Rev sitting by his wife. “Here you go ladies.” I said laying the tray down.

“Hey, your name is Eve right?” Leanna asked with a sweet smile. Every time I see her I can just list off reasons why Jimmy would be attracted to such a beautiful woman.

“Yeah.”

“Would you mind sitting with us?” Valary, Matt’s girl, asked with a warm smile.

“Sure I’ll sit. I was going to go on break soon anyway.” I said taking the open seat next to Jimmy.

Don’t be scared. They’re all sweet. He said placing a hand over my trembling fingers.

“We were talking about how you have a lot of necklaces.” Zacky’s fiancé, Gena, said as she pointed to my neck.

“Oh yea. Each comes from a friend of mine.” I said playing with the heart that rests a little below my chest.

“That’s sweet. But we noticed that the death bat is at the base of your neck when other people wear it so that it’s really loose on them.” Leanna said before holding it in the palm of her hand. She smiled faintly and I could see the longing in her eyes to see her husband for one more moment.

“Yeah. Because it holds the most important memories, I placed it above all the others. My friend gave it to me before she… Left, knowing how Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band ever.” I said taking her hand. “I’m sorry about your loss.” She seemed stunned for an instant but smiled at me after collecting her composure.

“Time heals all wounds. Grieving over his death forever wouldn’t be what Jimmy wanted. He’d want us to live the life he couldn’t finish. He’d want us to be happy.” She said and the other girls agreed.

I’m happy that they’re all okay. Rev said while hugging his other half. I smiled at the picture of them together, smiling like they used to.

“If only the rest of the world could be as strong as you.” I said before I saw Bubbles coming over.

“Angel needs you one stage because the band we hired went on break. We need someone to calm down the crowd.” I looked at her with my mouth open.

“I only know drums. And that’s still by ear.” I said before she dragged me out of my seat.

“You know some songs by heart right?” I nodded as she dragged me up the stairs to drum set. “Then just play.” She demanded before going to the mike. “Ladies and gentlemen. We are proud to present our new addition to the family, Eve!” Everyone started to clap for me and I felt my face heat up. “She’s going to play a song so please be kind to her.”

“I apologize if it’s not good.” I mumbled into the mike next to the drums.

What song are you playing? Rev asked while next to me.

“Almost Easy.” I said and I saw the girls gather near the stage. I smiled a little before concentrating on the song.

I listened only to how I was playing while looking at Jimmy, who was playing opposite of me. Every time I played a song I wasn’t comfortable with he’d sit across from me playing at the same tempo as me. Beat for beat. Hand for hand. Cymbal for cymbal. Drum for drum. This was how I learned a lot of their songs. Just sitting and watching Jimmy’s movements with unwavering eyes. Matching everything with a slight mistake. Practicing over and over again until that mistake can’t be detected by anyone. Trying to perfect the hand tricks yet making up my own in the process. All in all, masking the anger and hatred I had for the world with every pounding of the drums. It gave me a sense of why people would take their fists to anything. A sense of release, a sense of calmness. Every time I hit the tip of the stick to the flat surface for the finale note and let out the breath I never knew I was holding in.

Almost easy right? Jimmy asked as he wiped away a stray tear. I nodded my head before standing up to leave. The roar of applause caused Bubbles to sit me back down.

“Okay, since everyone liked her playing she’s agreed to play one more time.” I glared at her angel wings and thought that they should be devil wings instead. “You have no choice now.” She whispered before passing by.

“Well Bubbles, this one is for you. The Girl I Know.” I winked and I could hear Gena laughing with a mouthful of beer.

Oh she’ll get you for this one. Rev said with a wicked grin.

I smiled and began to play the song. I didn’t need Jimmy to help with this song. I’ve played it a lot on the streets to earn cash. It actually caused a lot of girls to start dancing with smiles on their faces. It was my main way of getting money.

I looked up trying to search for Bubbles. When I saw her I smiled innocently. She looked like she was going to murder me any minute. She even mouthed ‘You are so dead.’

“I love you bubbles.” I said into the mike with a wink. Everyone probably thought I was talking about sexually but I meant it sarcastically.

Go Eve! Jimmy beamed and I laughed at him.

Suddenly I felt a chill run down my right arm so I turned my head into that direction. I missed the next few notes when I saw the bloodied figure standing there with a grim smile on her face. Her eyes mocked me by asking why I didn’t end it. I felt my stomach churning inside of me and my heart began to race inside my chest cavity. I wanted to throw up… No I needed to throw up.

“Why?” I asked before dropping the sticks and running to the bathroom.

Eve, what happened? Jimmy asked while rubbing my back.

“Did you see her?” I mumbled before releasing the last of my stomach contents.

See who?

“The girl.”

Which one? There were a million in there. I was getting angry at him over nothing.

“The one in blood! Did you see the one covered in blood?” I screamed before he pulled me to his side.

How about we go home and then you can tell me what’s wrong? He asked and I nodded. I needed to talk about it… maybe if I did the guilt would finally go away.

He helped me up and took me to go see Angel. When I told her that I was feeling ill she instantly told me it was okay to take the rest of the night off.

*Time skip because I’m cutting close to my page deadline*

When we got to the house I told him everything, dry heaving at some parts. I told him how she was my first true friend and how she took her life on my birthday. How her message read that she wanted me to end my life before they could. For the first time in a year I finally told someone why I couldn’t help but cry at night while looking at the switch blade she gave me. Rev held me that night saying that I didn’t do anything wrong. That it was my mind playing tricks on me cause he would’ve been able to see her. He comforted me like she used to, like someone who actually cared about me.

That night I cried myself to sleep and dreamt of her. She was smiling at me and said that she was glad that I was still alive. She asked me to do her a favor and I agreed to it. I promised Lois that I would live happily and only think about the happy memories.