Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

We Can‘t Even Stay Mad for a Day

I woke up the next morning in Leanna’s arms and Jimmy petting his wife’s hair lovingly. I moved my hand to his and he pulled back and left the room. I felt my heart rip but I knew that Jimmy would forgive me at one point… Right?

“Leanna, we have breakfast ready… Eve, we thought you bailed on us since you never came down to see the movie.” Val whispered and I groaned at the sound of her voice.

“It sucks monkey balls when a whisper gives me a headache.” I mumbled before heading to the bathroom to vomit out my internal organs. “Hangovers are like being bitch slapped by God after a good night of drinking.” I told Val through the toilet.

“I like that saying.” She giggled as she held back my hair. I sighed and sat up while whipping the vomit drool with a tissue.

“The only good thing about the after life is no hangovers.” I said as she hoisted me up.

“Jimmy used to hate life when he had hangovers.” Leanna giggled as she went to the medicine cabinet. She took out a bottle of pain killers and filled up a glass of water. “Here.” She smiled and my face lit up.

“Yes, thank god for drugs.” I beamed yet winced when I heard laughter from the door way. “AH! The pain!” I yelled before going into a ball on the floor.

“You guys!” Leanna yelled and I sat up with a smile before returning to the white porcelain.

“Hello new best friend.” I said as I got done with round two.

“Okay, how about those eggs and bacon and toast and waffles and… Oh there she goes again.” Johnny laughed as I dry heaved.

“Leannaaaaaa! Make the meanie face go away!” I whined and saw her smiling.

“Okay, everybody give her some peace and quiet. And Johnny stop being mean to her.” I heard her say as everyone rushed out.

I looked to see them enter the actual hallway.

“Jimmy?” I called out and I was happy to see him show up… Well his glare kind of threw me off the love train.

What? He asked curtly and I winced slightly.

“What’s wrong with my Jimmy?” I asked while placing my hand on his folded arms. He pulled away and I felt the hurt welling up inside me.

I thought you didn’t want anything to do with me. He sneered and I groaned.

“Jimmy, I was drunk and fucked up, in that state nothing I say can be taken seriously.” I said and he smiled.

Okay Chicky-poo. I forgive you. I sighed when he said that. Is that what you wanted me to say? You told me to go away, and guess what, I’m going away. I did my job. I got you here.

“So that’s all I was? A job? Then you never cared?” I asked while holding back my tears.

What else could you be? Don’t tell me you actually thought we were friends? I bit my tongue as I looked down. He started to laugh and I felt the stinging in my eyes. Sorry sweetheart, we’re not friends. I can’t even stand to look at you.

“I’m sorry I was such a burden to you.” I said before gathering up my shit.

“Hey sweetie. Already dressed?” Leanna questioned as I ran down the stairs.

“I have to go. Sorry.” I said while noticing everyone coming to look at us, I even noticed Michelle was there… wearing a grin as I said I had to go.

“Why? What’s up?” She asked as I pushed past Johnny and Matt. Johnny looked at me with concern filled eyes.

Sure be a bitch to everyone just cause you can’t stand to hear what people think of you! Jimmy yelled and I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Sorry, I just need to get home.” I choked out before running out the door.

I heard their calls as I ran from the house. I didn’t want to be near them right now, not after hearing Jimmy. I was just a job to him. He never cared… No one probably did. I felt my heart rip apart as I realized that he wouldn’t have anything to do with me anymore… He probably didn’t want anything to do with me from the start. I was just an excuse to stay on earth to be with his friends and family.

“I’m always just an excuse.” I cried out as I found myself wandering the park.

-Jimmy’s POV-

I know what I said wasn’t cool. I also knew that Eve was hurting, but she told me to go away. She wanted me gone so it’s her fault.

“I hope she’s okay..” Leanna said as she looked out the door.

“I wonder if she’s bipolar.” Johnny said and Zacky grinned.

“You mean just like you?”

“Ha ha. Asshole.” Johnny said as I watched Leanna walk to the phone.

“Leanna, she’s probably fine.” Val said while covering the phone. “She’ll call us.”

“I wonder which home she meant. I hope she’s going to Angel’s.” She said and everyone looked at her oddly.

“What do you mean?” Matt asked and the both of us started to panic.

“She told me something last night… Something that made me fear for her safety.” Lea said and I smiled, she wouldn’t break Eve’s trust.

“What did the bitch say?” Michelle said and I just wanted to slap her. Eve wasn’t a bitch, she was strong and had a fucked up life. She hides herself so that no one could see her pain and is always fighting to stay strong.

“Michelle, she’s not a bitch.” Val said glowering at her.

“Unlike you.” Johnny said and I ran over and kissed his cheek.

That’s my short shit! Amazing little fucker! I said and then started to feel bad, I was the reason that she ran out crying. Fuck me dead… Fuck! I screamed before going to find my Chicky-poo.

-Evelyn’s POV-

I found myself sitting in the woods of central park with my head buried in my knees as I cried. I hated my life and I hated the people in said life. I just wanted someone to actually care, to not feel like a burden to someone. I thought Jimmy would be the one person who I could turn to… but I was just a burden that kept him away from his wife and friends.

“I’m so stupid.” I mumbled before I felt a hand on my back.

No, I am. I’m sorry. You were never a burden. Sure when I first woke up in your closet, I mean room, I was shocked but after getting to know you I realized that I was happy that I woke up there. I scoffed at Jimmy’s words.

“What? Is this also part of the job?” I sneered while whipping away my tears. I heard Jimmy sigh and he rested his head on my shoulder.

There wasn’t a job. I was going through the motions of the day then fell asleep and woke up at your house. I didn’t know where I was so I just decided to watch T.V and saw that they were reporting some b.s. about me dying. I didn’t believe it… Until you came in and started saying ‘This can’t be real, this can’t be real. You’re dead.’ I wanted to flip out but then I realized I couldn’t feel my heart anymore. I was scared and confused… Then when male voices called you and you started shaking, I knew I was supposed to be there. And then when I saw them hurting you… I just remember wanting to kill them all. You were to weak to even help yourself--

“And you offered to help me. I was scared of having you touching me, the whole time you bandaged me up I was asking myself if this was the end of me, I thought you came to my house to take me to the world of the dead.” I chuckled a little when I saw the hurt in his eyes. “I wanted to die. More than anything I wanted to kill myself… And I was going to do it too that night, but I couldn’t. The one time I muster up the courage to finish it all and you show up and tell me stories about your days in the band and everything that you’ve done and seen. I wanted to finish the life you started… And to see the people you’ve met.” I said and he hugged me really close to his chest.

Eve, I’m so sorry. I never meant to say those things… It’s just that when you told me to go away for good, I felt hurt. It felt like I was losing a big part of me when you told me that. I mean losing Leanna was hell for me, pure hell and I cried about it for nights as you slept, but when you said you wanted me to leave you alone I finally understood why my parents looked hurt for the first time that I said that I hated them. I love you Evey. You’re my daughter and I don’t want to lose you. He said before kissing my forehead.

“Jimmy, I told you to leave me alone because I felt like I was taking you away from your wife. She misses you and I didn’t see it as fair that I got to see you and talk to you at anytime when she’s crying alone.” He started to laugh and I glared at him. “What’s so funny?”

Us, life, the after life, everything! He shouted and I started to giggle too. Do you forgive me? He asked and I smiled.

“There’s nothing to forgive about. Staying mad at Jimmy Sullivan is like saying Leanna is a heartless bitch; it’s just not possible.” He laughed and FINALLY shared some of his magic beer. We spent a good amount of time just sitting and talking about my thoughts on people and his view on the after life. I smiled when I realized we were back to normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah short angst before I had to either go to sleep or go practice my chorus solo. Haha I'm not even going to nyssma and I STILL have to learn the stupid song. When Love is Kind... irony is that it's talking about getting rid of that emotion if the chick is cheated on. Lol I'd rather sing Chispa Candella... which i have to for the festival... joy to choir!