Status: Updates will be fast!!!

Manage Me, I'm a mess

t w e n t y - s i x

“Hi, Zacky.” I said sweetly, sitting next to him. I looked up at Alex and I gave him a triumphant grin. He glared back. Zack laughed.

“Zacky?”

“Why, do you not like ‘Zacky’?”

“Actually, it sounds gay. Okay for Jack but for me and my rippling muscles? I think not.” He said.

“HEY!” Jack protested.

“Hey, Rian. How are you holding up?” I was asking about the Sophie thing.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. I knew it was coming.” He still looked upset.

“Want me to hook you up with some hot playboy slut? I know plenty.” I was only half joking.

“I want to be hooked up with some hot playboy slut!” Jack said.

“Did your girlfriend cheat on you?” I asked.

“No…”

“We’ll when she does, I’ll hook you up with some hot playboy slut. Okay?” I said. He grumbled to himself. Rian laughed.

“I’m good, S. Actually, I know this sounds extremely gay…”

“What’s with all the gay references today?” I laughed.

“But I kind of want to go shopping,” he said. I immediately lit up and I shot to my feet. I clapped my hands excitedly and squealed.

“YAY!” I screamed and jumped up and down.

“Let me get this straight. Rian suddenly wants to shop, what the fuck, by the way? And you are oh so excited even though you came into the bus with like six bags yesterday?” Alex asked incredulously.

“Um…” I cleared my throat. “It was twelve.” I said quietly.

“Twelve. Twelve bags. I will never understand girls…” he said, shaking his head. “Or Rian.” He added.

“Dude, you’re so gay…” Zack laughed, shaking his head. Jack on the other hand had not stopped laughing uncontrollably since Rian said he wanted to shop.

“Guys! Stop it! Just because Rian takes pride in what he looks like-“

“Aaahhh, stop it! I take it back, I take it back! I don’t want to shop!” Rian said, terrified.

“What?” I asked, disappointment coating my voice. “Aw, man.” Jack had still not stopped laughing. I slapped him upside the head and he shut up. I sat down, arms crossed until it was time for the boys to get ready for the show. I grabbed my bag and joined them.

“You’re staying backstage.” Alex commanded.

“But, Alex,” I whined.

“Stay backstage, S.” he said sternly.

“No. I’m going in the crowd and there is nothing you can do.” I said.

Alex gave me an incredulous look.

I gave him a pleading one.

“Fine. But if I see anything, you’re getting backstage.” He said. I nodded, agreeing.

I don’t know what it was, but I loved being in the crowd. Feeling the excitement, the buzz got me pumped too, even though I saw them every day and went to their practices.
We walked into the venue holding hands. The other two bands were there already. When Gabe saw me, he waved and gave me a smile. I waved back. He gestured to Alex and gave me a thumbs up. I laughed. Trace winked at me and Hayley ran to my side.

“You guys are together? I can’t believe it! We’ll, actually I can…”she trailed off. I let go of Alex’s hand.

“Can we sit? I need girl time…” I said. She laughed and we sat at a table.

“So, what happened?” she asked. I smiled and told her the whole story. She ‘aww’ed through the whole thing.

“Hey, are you going to be in the crowd?” I asked. Hayley rolled her eyes.

“No, Trace won’t let me. I’ll be backstage.”

“Yeah, Alex was like that too but I used my girlfriend powers.” I said proudly.

“I wonder why they don’t work on him?” she laughed.

“Trace has always been a little different. ‘Special’ if you will,” I joked, putting air quotes around ‘special’.

“Serena, the show is starting! If you’re in the crowd, get in the crowd!” Jack shouted. I said good bye to Hayley and Jack led me to the stairs down the stage. I chose a spot where I could rest my elbows on the stage. A couple minutes later, the boys walked onto the stage. I again found myself cheering as loud as I could. Alex smiled down at me, sending shivers down my spine.

“Hey everybody, were All Time Low and this is Poppin’ Champagne!” Alex yelled. After the next song, they stopped to talk about the audience.

“Listen up, guys. So, there’s this girl in the audience…and she’s probably getting annoyed by me now because I’ve done this to her many times.” He laughed. “I always tell her to go backstage for the show but she insists on being in the crowd,” he shrugged. “So once again, in the middle of the show, I’m going to put her back stage. Serena, if you will.” He placed the microphone in the stand and held his hands out to me. I crossed my arms and shook my head.

“I want to stay here.” I whined. Alex gave me a pleading look. “Why do want me backstage anyways?”

“Because I worry about you,”

“That’s very sweet but I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.” I insisted.

“At least let me introduce you as my girlfriend? I’ve been waiting all day,” he grinned. The people in the front who could hear us, aww’ed. I sighed and rolled my eyes but held out my hands to him. Instead, he slipped one arm around my waist and hoisted me over his shoulder. I banged my fists against his back, yelling at him. The crowd laughed, I was amazed they actually let him do this when he should have been playing for them. I thanked God that I’d changed into jeans when I’d left the bus. He finally let me down. I stood with my back to him, my arms crossed.

“Guys, this is Serena, my girlfriend.” Alex had this huge smile on his face and the audience aww’ed again.

“NOOOOOOO!” I heard from the back somewhere.

“AND SHE’S MY BFF!” Jack yelled into his microphone.

“MINE TOO!” Zack yelled.

“MINE…THREE!” Rian yelled. I laughed and made a heart with my hands at them.

I grabbed the microphone out of Alex’s hand and walked a few feet away with it. He watched with an amused expression, waiting to see what I would do.

“Okay, can I ask you guys something? Are you okay with it when Alex just starts talking for half hour during the show? Would you rather hear ATL’s music or about ATL’s personal life?” The most shouts I heard were ‘personal life’. I laughed. “By the way, THE BOYS ARE MY BFF’S TOO!” I shouted, leaning forward. I handed the microphone to Alex and went to the edge of the stage. I sat down on it and jumped down.

Alex blew me a kiss and I blew one back. The crowd aww’ed yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I know. It's been forever since I posted. But I've been contemplating taking a break for a while and it was a really good time since it was summer and I had family visiting and stuff. So I decided not to worry about posting for a couple weeks. I'm really sorry I didn't warn you guys!

Unfortunately, the break was due to my massive writers block. I'm at a part in the story I need to get through to get to the good stuff but it's SO boring. So I was wondering if you guys think I should just do a couple "flash-forwards"? It's would be much easier but I'm worried that things might seem like there going too fast?

Anyway, give me your guyses input on it.

I hope I didn't lose any of my readers! Again, I'm really sorry.

Also, posting might be a bit irregular. It's senior year and things are busaaayyy. It's crazyness, I tell you.

Anyways, I'm sorry...again. Love you all! Please comment!