Status: Updates will be fast!!!

Manage Me, I'm a mess

f i v e

I started to scan the restaurant for Chase when I saw him waving. I smile and made my way over to his table.

“You look great,” he said when I sat down.

“Thanks, so do you.” I said. He was wearing jeans and an Abercrombie t-shirt.

“Are you okay? You look sort of mad.” He said.

“Yeah, it’s nothing.” I waved my hand for emphasis.

“C’mon, tell me. What’s up?” he asked.

“You know the guys I was with today?” he nodded. “There my best friends, and there being very…protective. Too protective. In fact, there right there.” I said, pointing to where they were taking their seats.

“Ah, I see. Better behave myself then.”

“You better. So, how was work?” I asked.

“After you came by? Boring, and I say that truthfully.” He said. I laughed.

“Poor you,” I said, cocking my head. We spent the rest of the night talking about our families and our schools and all the first date stuff. He was 18, one year older than me I found myself liking him more and more as the night progressed.

When we finished, I stomped over to Alex and Jack’s table and without stopping, said “Let’s go.”

“Wow, you’re pretty pissed, huh?” Chase asked.

“Yes, I am. There treating me like a child.” I said.

“That sucks. If it’s any consolation, I think you’re very mature.” He said. I laughed.

“Why, thank you.” I said, as we walked outside. As we walked side by side, he took hold of my hand. I smiled to myself, enjoying the feeling of his hand against mine. Just as I saw Alex paying through the window of the restaurant, I turned to Chase.

“Chase?”

“Yeah?”

“If you’re going to kiss me, kiss me now, because they’re coming.” I said hurriedly.

I barely got to finish my sentence; Chase grabbed my waist and pulled me to him quickly. His lips crashed on mine and his other arm wound around my waist and pulled me even closer. My arms locked around his neck, playing with the ends of his air.

I heard them walk past us and pecked his lips once more.

“Thanks for the date, it was fun,” I said, our arms still around each other.

“It was, but I gotta say, my favorite part was about two seconds ago.” He said. I giggled and walked to the car, yanking open the door to the backseat.

“Serena, what the hell was that?” Jack asked. I was surprised, I guess even goofy Jack could get serious sometimes.

“What the fuck, Serena?!” Alex joined in. I didn’t answer; I just stared out my window with my arms crossed.

“You’re just not going to talk to us?” he said, after a couple seconds. “Goddammit, Serena! I knew you were angry but you don’t have to kiss him like that just to get back at us!” he hit the steering wheel. This got me angry.

“I did it because I wanted to, not because I wanted to get back at you, asshole,” I hissed. He shook his head, his jaw clenched. When we pulled up to my house, Alex turned to me.

“Look, I’m sor-“

“Save it, Alex.” I said, stepping out of the car. I unlocked the front door and went inside.

As soon as I put my phone on my bed, it started to vibrate. Alex, it read.

“What?” I snapped, yanking it open.

“Please, S, I’m sorry.” My brow furrowed, I could hear his voice, not just through the phone. I turned around and there he was in the doorway of my room. I shut my phone and threw it onto the bed, crossing my arms expectantly.

“I’m sorry for being such a dick. I shouldn’t have gone to the restaurant with you guys.”

“No, you shouldn’t have,” I glared at him.

“I won’t do it again.”

“God, Alex! I’m not a child!” I yelled.

“That’s not the reason I was doing it!” he yelled back.

“What do you mean?” I asked. He got that concentrated look again and then his face went back to normal.

“Nothing, I don’t even know why I said that. I won’t do it again. Okay?” he gave me a pleading look.

“Fine.” I grumbled. Alex smiled and walked over to me, taking me in his arms. I hugged back, I hated being mad at him. He pulled back and kissed my cheek.

“Get some sleep,” he said. “And Jack is sorry too,” I laughed.

“I will. Night.” He left, telling me he’d call me tomorrow.

I snuggled into my bed and wondered what Alex was going to say earlier. When I couldn’t figure it out, I gave up and let sleep take me over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Five chapters in about two days!

xoxocommentxoxo