Dichotomy.

Our Daily Dose of Faux Affliction

I wake up and walk into the living room, hearing Eric already up and fooling around with my acoustic.

“You’re using a G chord there?” I ask skeptically. I can’t help it.

It’s the musical perfectionist in me.

“Yeah. What’s wrong with it?” he asks quizzically.

“Nothing…it’s just…the progression seems a little off, is all,” I say. “Maybe it’s untuned,” I add, unconvincingly.

“I just tuned it.”

I shrug.

“Well…what would you put there?” he asks.

“C,” I immediately reply. “C major.” He tries it.

“I don’t know…”

It’s barely been two weeks and he’s already driving me insane.

“I’m going to take Rigby for a walk with Tom,” I inform him. “I’ll be back before lunch if you want to hang around.”

“Uh-huh,” he mumbles, still trying to figure out his chord progression.

Most of me wants to rip it from his hands and do it for him, since he’s always been slightly off with his composition, but I control myself, grab a hoodie, and put Rigby on his leash.

I text Tom to meet me as soon as possible then leave.

“Oh, so now you want to hang out with me,” he says sarcastically, leaning against a tree at the end of his block when I get there.

“Ugh. Don’t even give me that right now,” I groan. “My life is a shit show, and you haven’t been helping at all.”

“What did I do?” he demands, affronted, falling into step with me.

“You told him I was back!” I burst out.

“Who?” he asks blankly.

“Eric! Why’d you tell him?”

“You really think I’d go out of my way to tell him?” he retorts. “I ran into him our first night back. What was I supposed to say? Jesus. Sorry.”

“It’s not that, just…” I sigh. “I don’t know.”

“Why? What happened?”

“Well…he showed up to my place. I don’t know what I was thinking, Tom. And now…fuck.”

“Tina…” he groans. “Did you do what I think you did?”

“It just…happened…” I say feebly. “I don’t know what to do.” He sighs, but doesn’t say anything.

“What about Brendon?” he asks finally, after a long silence.

“What about Brendon?” I reply.

He sighs at my stubbornness.

“I hope you know what you’re doing this time, T.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks: Much Better & yeahthatsme93