Words Only Count If You Mean Them

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alex’s PoV

Band practice has just ended. It was actually really good, today. I mean we always sound good. So, I bet you’re thinking, ‘then what does he mean?’ Well most times my mom likes to watch and make comments, on anything, from: how I missed a note, how I stare at Jack at certain parts, how my mom says one or two song are about Jack and my first time having sex. It’s basically useless comments that absolutely NOTHING to do with the music.

Zack’s sitting on a table and Rian was on an old reclining chair. Jack’s on the couch and me? I’m curled up in Jack’s side.

“How was your one year anniversary yesterday?” Rian asks.

“Shit, you guys have already been going out for a year? Fuck, that’s a long time.” Zack exclaims.

“Yup, it was good. I had fun, what about you Lex?” Jack asks me, he’s subconsciously playing with my hair.

“I had a good time,” I smile, snuggling more, -if that’s at all possible- into his side.

“Wait, so you two have been together a year and haven’t had sex, yet? Wow.”

I blush. Why did he have to be so straightforward with these kinds of questions? Jack moves so one of his arms is tightly around my waist and he’s still able to play with my hair.

“Yeah, so?” Jack asks, “When we’re ready we will.” I smile at his statement. This was another reason I loved him. He was able to wait for me to be ready. My last boyfriend didn’t understand that fact. He thought I meant, ‘Get me drunk and I’m yours for the taking.’ Luckily Jack was there, too. We started dating a week later.

After awhile, Zack and Rian headed home, while me and Jack cuddled on the couch and later ate dinner together. After Jack left everything passed in a blur and suddenly it was tomorrow and I found myself walking to Rita’s Italian Ice. It was a good while away, but that gave me a chance to daydream about Jack. The only problem with daydreaming about Jack is I find myself slowly moving my way to the middle of the road. It’s a good thing there was no traffic. A. Very. Good. Thing.

I reached my destination a few minutes later, sending Jack a quick test to turn around… again. I wait about thirty-feet from Rita’s and when Jack turns around I smile walking forward grabbing the bench and pulling it up to the counter. Jack props himself up on his elbows and grins, kissing my nose, “Hey baby.”

“Hi,” I greet, “Did you hear it’s supposed to rain today?”

“Yeah, which sucks, cuz for some reason people feel the need to come here and buy cold stuff.” Jack takes a quick glance at the clock, “Fuck, new guy’s gonna be here soon. I swear if fucking messes up I’m gonna spill spill whatever he had on his fucking head.”

I laugh a bit, “Calm down, Jack, he could have gotten better.” I say, and boy was I right. He was making the orders perfect every time. I even heard Jack sigh, obviously relived. Caleb seemed to be making things with such precision. It seemed impossible that he was fucking up so badly yesterday, a little too impossible. It was almost like he was messing up on purpose yesterday, but why would he have done that? He was –in a way- skillfully making the food. It was really mesmerizing. Caleb turned and noticed my staring and winked at me. I blushed.

Wait! What the hell? Stop it! Stop blushing. STOP IT! BAD ALEX! WHAT THE HELL? STOP!! I shook my head trying to get rid of the redness. I’m so glad Jack was in the back right now.

I turned when I heard the back door close. “Hey,” Jack says, “I have to go pick something up. I’ll be right back. Okay?”

“Yeah,” I nod resting my head on the counter. I closed my eyes, trying to rest a bit until Jack came back.

“Um,” I heard someone start. I knew that someone was Caleb. “Hi.”

“Hi,” I mumble looking up at his sparkli- no just brown eyes.

“I know you already know this, but I work with Jack, your boyfriend.”

“I know,” I answer.

“So, I’m Caleb,” He informs.

“And I’m Alex,” I shake his hand when he offers it, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too,” He says kissing my hand. I pull it back rather quickly and avoid eye contact. I get a quick look at his eyes, they look hurt. I rub the side of my arm self consciously. “Sorry,” Caleb mumbles going back to work.

Fuck, Jack get back here soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
THREE UPDATES IN ONE DAY??? I AM AMAZING!!!
Sorry this chapter is crap and short. It didn’t turn out that well, but I got what I wanted to get through with this chap. ALSO PoV will be changing back and forth now!