‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 32

Snitch Bar…NYC

There was a small crowd that was growing increasingly as the opening band was finishing their set. Seven sat at a table waiting for her brother to get back from smoking his cigarette outside. Still she had no idea who Jonnie Reckless was. All she knew was that her father was highly impressed and wanted to sign her before another label got the chance.

When Lyric returned from smoking his cigarette, he stopped off at the bar and got two beers before heading over to the table where his sister was sitting. The bar was starting to fill up now. He handed his sister a beer and sat down.

“Who ever this is they really know how to draw a crowd.” She noted.
Her brother kept his thoughts to himself and sipped his beer. A half hour later the bar owner introduced the person that they were all there to see. Jonnie Reckless.

She opened her set with a cover of the Papa Roach song “Reckless” as she always did and the crowd was wild for her.

Seven looked at her brother. “Oh my fucking Jimmy!” she yelled. At home, Legend would refer to his father as a God and it was a standard joke between the two of them to say “Oh My Jimmy” instead of “Oh My God”

Lyric nearly lost it, he laughed and got up to get another beer. Jonnie was good, she was really good and Seven couldn’t believe the huge talent that came out of such a tiny body.

“She’s so good!” She said as her brother sat back down.

“I know” he nodded.

“What do you mean you know?” she asked confused.

“She sang with me at the bar back home one night, but her dad saw the video on youtube and gave her hell for it.”

“What? How could you not tell me?” she said and hit him on the arm.

“I don’t have to tell you everything that goes on in my life.”

She turned her attention back to Jonnie who had the full attention of everyone in the crowd. They sang with her and they cheered for her as if she were their own personal idol. The place was so packed now it was hard to get through the crowd.

When Jonnie finished her set she exited the stage and left the crowd standing there begging for more. 15 minutes later she walked outside and lit up a cigarette. She leaned back against the wall and two teenage girls walked over and asked her for an autograph.

She signed for them and spoke with them for a little while. She was truly in her element and she loved every bit of it. When the two teenage girls finally left Jonnie lit up another cigarette and smiled to herself.

“Wonder what daddy would say if he could see you now” Lyric said walking over to her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” she asked

“Well, I’m here because my sister got a job at a record label and they sent her here to scout you”

“Seriously?”
“Yeah, seriously.”

“Well what label?”

“I don’t know I’m only here as her body guard.”

“Jonnie!” Seven yelled as she stepped outside. She ran over to her and hugged her, but Jonnie spurned her affection. “You were amazing!”

“Thanks” she nodded.

“I really need to talk to you about something, is there any chance you could come by the hotel for lunch tomorrow?”

Jonnie threw her cigarette down on the ground. “Yeah, I guess”

“Cool, we’re staying at the W hotel. Room 6661. I’m guess I’m going to get a cab and head back now. Are you coming?” she asked her brother.

“No, I think I’m going to hang out for a little while” He said and Jonnie flashed him a look of annoyance.

“Ok well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow” Seven hailed a taxi and when she got inside Lyric walked closer to Jonnie.

“What the hell is your problem with my sister?” he asked.

“You mean little miss perfect?”

“ah I see, you’re jealous” he grinned.

“Jealous? Please, did you see what I just did in there? Do you think she could pull that off?”

“Probably not” he noted.

“I’m out of here” she said and hailed herself a taxi, after she got in , he jumped in beside her.

“Where the hell are you going?” she asked

“With you” he said matter of factly.

She rolled her eyes and when the taxi pulled up to her apartment she paid the fair and got out. He followed behind her and when she opened her front door she tried to get in without letting him and tried closing the door behind her, but he pushed his way through.

She stood there with her arms folded annoyed that he followed her home and was now standing in her apartment. He walked over to her and put his hands on her arms.

“Did you miss me?” he asked

“You have no idea” she admitted.

He kissed her and she brought her hand to his face as she kissed him back. If they cold actually get passed the fact that they were both being stubborn and just put all their cards on the table, they might actually realize that they were made for each other.

--

Brian’s Place….
Keep in mind that New York is a different time zone and is 3 hours ahead of California


Stormy was sitting on the couch when Brian and Melody walked in. Melody hugged her father. “Thanks for taking me with you!”

“Any time” he smiled and watched as she ran off to her bedroom.

“I made dinner,” Stormy said

“We already ate and you can’t cook” he said and walked into their bedroom closing the door behind him.

She thought back to the day when he sat there eating burnt bacon and eggs because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings and now he didn’t care whether he did or not.

Neither Brian nor Melody came out of their bedrooms the rest of the night. When Stormy got up to go to bed, she tried the door, but it was locked. Defeated she went back to the couch where she would end up sleeping for the night.

--

Matt & Sydney

“What are you up to?” he asked his wife who was sitting on their bed.

“Planning for tomorrow”

“What’s tomorrow?” he asked kissing her shoulder

“Girls night, remember?”
“All ready? Didn’t you just have girls night?” he asked

“That was last month!” she giggled.

“Oh and what’s the plan?” he was curious.

“Poker night!” she smiled.

“Poker night? You and the girls are going to play poker?”

“Yeah and I even have prizes for the winners” she was so proud of herself. Once a month all the girls got together and had a girl’s night. They did everything from living room sleepovers to nights out on the town. Syd got the idea for poker night watching Casino with her husband on the couch one night and has been planning for it ever since.

“How about you put away your notebook and let me poke you instead?” he asked

“You have a way with words, my love” she laughed, put her notebook on the table and leaned back against her husband’s chest. “Do you think the kids are ok in New York?”

“Yeah, Seven called and she is meeting with Jonnie tomorrow.”

She smiled and kissed her husband. “You’re my hero. I love you”

“Love me lower” he smiled and put her hand on his hard on.

She laughed and kissed him again. Things between them seemed to be getting better every day.