‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 33

Brian’s…

It was Saturday and Brian promised Melody he would spend the day with her. When he woke up he found that Stormy was already up and out. He wondered where she could have gone so early in the morning, but told himself to stop thinking about it and remember he was mad at her.

He knocked on Melody’s door and she answered dressed and ready to go. He took her to the amusement park where they would spend the day playing games and going on rides.

--

Zacky and Aubrey

Zacky stood in the bedroom that he used to share with his wife. He’d been demoted to the couch downstairs and as he stood there he was never more nervous. It was almost as if he was meeting her again for the first time.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie tonight” he said with a shaky voice.

She sat up in the bed and wiped the sleep out of her eyes. “Tonight is girls night” she said.

“Right, I forgot.” He nodded. “Maybe some other time then” he walked out the door and left her alone.

This was going nowhere and no matter how hard he tried, it seemed like he was always grasping at straws. He walked down the hall trying not to let it affect him, but there was something deep down inside that told him their marriage was over.

--

NYC

“Hi” Lyric smiled when he opened his eyes to see Jonnie on her side watching him sleep.

“Hi” she smiled slightly

He moved over to be closer to her and kissed her. She kissed him back a long lazy kiss. The night before when he stood there with her in her living room kissing her, she had flat out told him that she wasn’t going to have sex with him and although he wanted to, he managed to control himself and all they did was make out until both were too tired to kiss anymore.

“I have to get up and get ready” she said breaking their kiss and sitting up.

“Yeah, big day for you” he said.

“Well, we don’t know that yet. I haven’t signed anything and I haven’t even agreed to a deal yet.”

“True, but who knows what could happen” he tried to be hopeful knowing she was still bitter with everyone at home.

“When are you going home?” she asked.

“Our flight leaves at 6pm”

“Tonight?” she asked disappointed.

“Yeah, we came here on business remember?”

She sighed and laid back down placing her head on his chest. “You just got here,” she said trying not to cry.

“You could always come home with me” he suggested rubbing her back lightly.

“And give my dad the satisfaction of winning?”

“Jonnie, don’t think of it that way. You can have a life there the same as you do here.”

“How” she said looking up at him. He kissed her again before answering.

“You can stay at the house with me and the guys and you can play the clubs there. It’s easier than you think it is”

She sat up again and looked at the clock. “I have to take a shower” she climbed over him and got off the bed.

“Need some help?” he asked.

“No, I think I got it!” she laughed.

---

Room 6661

“Hi!” Seven was excited to see Jonnie who walked into the room followed by her brother whom she gave a curious glance, he just shrugged his shoulders playing innocent.

“hi” Jonnie said.

“Well I wasn’t sure of what you liked so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with burgers and fries.”

“I’m a vegetarian” Jonnie said to Seven who was now embarrassed.

“Oh, sorry.” Seven ran into the next room to call room service to order something else for Jonnie.

“Hey” Lyric whispered in her ear. “Give her a break. For me, please” he asked and she looked at him with a sad face. “Please” he asked again.

“ok” she pouted

Seven came back into the room and announced that room service would be up in a few minutes with Salad and fresh fruit. Jonnie nodded and sat down.

When the food had arrived they all sat at the table and ate. Lyric and jonnie would secretly steal glances at each other when Seven wasn’t looking.

“Ok so, the President of the label would like to meet with you and discuss the contract if you are interested. Do you want me to set up that meeting?” Seven asked.

“Would I have to go back to California?” she asked

“Well the company is California based so, yes.” She nodded.

Jonnie looked over at Lyric for help. “You are a musician, if you were me what would you do?” she asked

He put down his burger and wiped his hands with a napkin. “If I were you, I would say yes to every opportunity until the right one came along. I think you should go for it.”

She nodded and popped a strawberry in her mouth. “Ok, I’ll give him one hour. When do I need to be there?”

Seven clapped her hands together excitedly. “Well, I know it’s short notice, but I booked you a flight to come back with us tonight”

“You what?” she asked. Lyric squeezed her thigh under the table to calm her down.

--

The kitchen at the mansion

It was nearing three in the afternoon and Matt stood in the kitchen with Brian and Zacky picking on snacks that Sydney left for them. She’d made sure that they all her men would be well fed and taken care of while all of the girls were in the living room playing poker tonight.

They all turned to the back door when they heard it open and saw Stormy walked through it. Brian’s hand stopped mid air just as he was about to take a bite of his burger when he caught sight of her. She wore a white bikini top that showed off her “assets” and denim cut off shorts with the button open to show off her belly. They were a little too short and when she opened the refrigerator and bent down to get a bottle of water they all saw just how short they were. After taking a sip of her water she went through the door that led to the basement apartment.

“Was that your wife?” Matt asked.

“Uh huh” Brian said

“Good God” Zacky added.

“Hey! Both of you, keep your eyes off my wife!” he warned and went down to his apartment.

Stormy was already in the shower when he got there and the lower half of him wanted to push the door open and join her, but the upper half was still really pissed off. He sat on the couch and turned on the television.

When the bathroom door opened he kept his gaze on the television, but could see her walk passed him in a towel out of the corner of his eyes. The scent of her strawberry shampoo filled his nostrils and it was all he could do to control himself.

She walked out of the bedroom about half hour later fully dressed. This time he did look at her. She wore a black mini skirt and a very short white tuxedo shirt that stopped just after her chest. A sliver belly chain circled her stomach and black stilettos completed her look.

He watched her as she appeared to be deep in thought looking for something through out the living room. When she finally found her purse, she grabbed it and left.

--

The Girls Poker Night…

“Dude, you’re staring at her” Matt said to Brian who was in fact staring at his wife through the partition window that separated the kitchen from the living room.

“huh?” Brian snapped from his daze and looked at Matt.

“Stormy? Your wife, you were staring at her like a dog eyeing a pork chop”

“Oh”

“Still not speaking to her?” Jimmy asked

“What am I supposed to do? Act like what she said was ok?” He picked up his beer and started playing with the label.

“No, but you could have given her the benefit of the doubt” Zacky said.

Brian set the bottle down on the counter and glared at Zacky “ and your marriage is over because?”

“Fuck you, asshole” Zacky shot back.

“Enough with the arguing already. I didn’t come down here for this” Johnny said.

“Johnny is right, now shut up both of you” Matt warned.

Brian turned his gaze back to the poker table when he heard his wife’s laughter.

“Why don’t you take your own advice and man the fuck up?” Zacky said and Matt smacked him in the back of the head.

Meanwhile over at the poker table….

“I don’t know why we bother having a girls night if they guys are right over there watching everything we do” Aubrey said and they all turned their heads in the direction of the kitchen. Stormy’s eyes met Brian’s and she immediately lowered them to look at her cards.

“How are things with you and Zacky?” Sydney asked.

“I don’t know how to forgive him, Syd”

“Have you tried?” Riley asked.

“How can I? It’s not like he just has sex with someone else. I could probably get passed that, but he had a baby with her.”

“I don’t think you should give up on him yet.” Sydney said.

“Personally, I think we should all become lesbians. Men are assholes” Stormy said bitterly.

“What’s gotten into you?” Sydney asked.

“Nothing, I don’t want to talk about it right now”

“Ok, so who wants another beer?” Tera asked and all 5 of them raised their hands.

Tera got up and went into the kitchen to get more beer. Her husband grabbed her around the waist as she walked passed him on her way to the refrigerator.

“HA! I got one boys! What do you suppose we do with her?” he shouted in a voice that resembled a pirate.

“Me thinks that wench should walk the plank!” Johnny joked.

Terra laughed and hugged her husband. “Let go of me I have to get more beer.”
He pouted and let go. “I think we should have a girls night of our own!” Jimmy said and sat down on a stool. “Come here Matt, I’ll braid your hair,” he said patting his lap.

Matt laughed. “You really are a fucking freak”

About an hour later, Aubrey excused herself and went upstairs to bed.

“Five down and four to go!” Jimmy noted.

“Yeah, well my wife better hurry up, I need to get laid” Matt said.

Brian swallowed the last sip of his beer and excused himself. He went downstairs to his place and sat on the couch.

Sydney walked into the kitchen and over to Zacky. “Mind if I have a word with you alone?” she asked.

“Sure” he smiled and followed her out the back door.

“Remember this?” she said as she held up a Skeleton Key.

“Yep” he grinned.

“Well, it’s been a while, but I want to collect” she handed him the key and he put it in his pocket.

“Ok, your wish is my command”

“Well, my wish is that you go upstairs and get your wife back” she smiled.

“What?”

“You heard me. Take control of the situation Zacky and don’t take no for an answer. You can do it”

“Jesus, you really aim big don’t you?”

“Well, you guys were the ones who said I could have what ever I want and that’s what I want.” She kissed his cheek and walked back into the kitchen.

“Hey, no love for me?” Matt asked.

Sydney smiled at her husband. “Haven’t you had enough?”

“Never” he winked as she walked out of the kitchen.

Zacky followed through the kitchen door and went up to his bedroom ready to reclaim his bed and his wife.

Riley was the next one to call it a night and shortly after Tera followed.

Stormy stayed behind to help her sister clean up. When everything was put away Sydney grabbed two beers from the fridge and handed her sister one. She motioned for her to sit down and the two of them sat at the counter.

“What’s going on?”

“Brian hasn’t spoken to me in two days.” She said and little did she know her husband was standing right on the other side of the door listening. He was only going upstairs to get a beer, but stopped at the door when he heard his wife’s voice.

“Why not?” she asked.

“Remember the night that you came over after we found out that Laura had been around longer than we knew?”

“Yeah?”

“Well Melody was listening to our conversation at her bedroom door and she heard me say that I wished I never had a child.”

“Oh boy” Sydney said and poured her sister a shot of Jack.

“Yeah, well she went and told Brian what I said and needless to say, he’s pretty pissed”

“So, I’m guessing she didn’t tell him the other half of your statement”

Brian went back down stairs not wanting to hear anymore and went to bed.

“No, of course not. She hates me Syd. She always has, she even called me a tramp to my face”

“WHAT?”

“Yeah.”

“Sounds like your daughter and your husband both need a kick in the ass.”

Stormy nodded and took the shot. When she put the glass down Sydney filled it again.

Zacky’s room…

When he walked through the door Aubrey had already been in bed for about 10 minutes. The lights were off and she lifted her head when she heard him come into the room.

“Zacky?” she said his name, but he didn’t answer. He just took off his shirt and walked over to the bed. She propped her self on her elbows and looked over at him as he undid the belt on his pants. “What are you doing?” she asked. Still he didn’t answer and continued to take off his pants. Now, only wearing his boxer shorts he pulled the covers back on the bed and got in.

He pulled his wife close to him and held her there. “Now, as barbaric as this may sound, you are my wife and I’ll be damned if you are going to walk out of my life for a mistake I made over 20 years ago. Now, you can protest and you can fight, but this is the one time that I wont let you win.”

She just looked at her husband not even daring to say a word as he continued to speak. “Now, here is how the rest of this night is going to go. First, I’m going to kiss you like this” he put his lips on hers and kissed her softly. “And then I’m going to make love to you and after that I’m going to tell you how much I love you and hold you in my arms till you fall a sleep. Now, if you have any objections this is your chance, not that it’s going to matter” she was still dazed and looked at him like she did the first time she ever saw him.

“So, are you going to object?” he asked daring her to say something. She just shook her head no afraid of her own voice right now. “Good” he whispered and kissed her again.

There was no fighting, no resentment and no anger. The only emotion in that room tonight was love.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 Skeleton Keys have been returned to the original owners, that leaves 3 more to go.

Big drama coming soon :)