‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 39

A week had passed since the drama fairy wreaked havoc on all the men and their children.

Johnny didn’t speak to Matt or Jonnie since the day he found out she was back and although Matt’s intentions were good, they seemed to have backfired in the fact that his attempt to bring Johnny and his daughter together only sent them further apart.

Zacky had mended the broken fence that sat between him and Aubrey, for now, but there was still the matter of his son finally meeting his mother that had yet to be brought out into the open.

Jimmy was Jimmy and as it may appear that the drama fairy left him unscathed, looks can be deceiving, he just hasn’t seen her handy work yet.

Brian got hit twice as hard as everyone else as his daughter was made to relive her mother’s hell. The nightmares for Melody continued and as they came Brian dealt with them, but their father daughter bond was non-existent. The bond between husband and wife, well what once was may never be again if the drama fairy has her way in their house.

Matt may look like the picture perfect good guy, but a “Storm” was brewing and this was just the calm before. As it is with Jimmy, with Matt things aren’t always what they seem. His family drama was going to make everyone else’s seem like a family picnic. Something wicked his way comes and what will come may not be his fault, but it could be his demise. Will the drama fairy allow the Legend to rise or will he fall at her mercy? That is the question….

Each man has something on the line, something to lose and it all started with a woman.

--

Johnny…

He sat quietly thinking on his bed; actually brooding would be a better word. The grudge he was holding against Matt was still fresh on the surface and it was beginning to affect everyone around him including his wife.

“You’ve been sitting in this room for a week,” Riley said as she approached her husband.

“So what?” he snapped.

“Johnny, why are you taking everything so personal?”

“How can I not?” he asked as he sat up and lit a cigarette. “My daughter, my flesh and blood ran away from me and the only person who could bring her back was Matt. Not me! Matt. He went against everything I wanted for her and interfered in my family life.”

“I’m sure he didn’t mean to upset you”

“Look, I know you are trying to help, but you’re not, so back off ok?”

“Johnny, I’m pregnant”

“You’re what?”

“I’m pregnant”

“You can’t be serious” he said, “I can’t do this Riley, I can’t have another baby.”

He got off the bed and stormed out of the bedroom slamming the door behind him leaving her there stunned.

--

Zacky …

They sat in the kitchen having lunch, Zacky, Aubrey and Blade. Blade asked them to meet with him for a reason and for the sake of his family; he hoped he was doing the right thing.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” Zacky asked his son who looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

“I did something and I wanted to tell you about it before you found out on your own”

“What ever it is, we can fix it” Aubrey said.

“Yeah, how much is it going to cost me this time?” Zacky figured his son was in trouble again.

“It’s not like that, it’s nothing criminal.” He moved the food around his plate with his fork and looked back up at both his parents. “A week ago, I went to see her”

“Her?” Zacky asked

“My..well..Harley” he had a hard time saying the word Mother with Aubrey sitting right there. It was clear that she was uncomfortable now.

“and how did it go?” she asked trying to be supportive of his decision.

He smiled and knew it hurt her feelings. “I love you and you are my mother and nothing will change that. She is just the woman who gave me life, but there is something else”

“What is it?” Zacky asked.

“I have a sister”

He waited for their reaction and they both looked at each other and back to him.

“Well, a sister. How do you feel about that?” Zacky asked.

“How do you feel about it?” he returned his father’s question back to him.

“I guess she’s innocent and it wouldn’t be fair to take it out on her, so, I guess what ever you decide to do, your mother and I will support.”

Aubrey nodded in agreement reaching for Zacky’s hand across the table.

Blade smiled and immediately started to relax. “Cool, because I want to be a part of her life and I want her to be part of mine. She’s 16 and the sweetest kid you’ll ever want to meet. So for as long as she’s here, I want to spend as much time with her as I can.”

“For as long as she’s here?” Aubrey asked confused. “Where is she going?”

“She has leukemia. Harley and Jason say she is doing ok, but I know that you cant live a full life with it.”

“I’m sorry, Blade” Aubrey said sympathetic to her son’s situation.

“Don’t be, because she isn’t. She’s a fighter and doesn’t like pity.”

“Ah I know someone like that” Zacky said winking at his son.

“So, Jason is?” Aubrey asked

“Jason Berry, he said he was a friend of dad’s back then. They got married a little while after she graduated college.”

Aubrey picked up her plate and took Blade and Zacky’s and put them in the dishwasher after cleaning the left over food off.

“I want to bring her to Legend and Seven’s wedding if that’s ok with you two”

Aubrey looked over at her husband and decided for her son’s sake she would be the better person. “I don’t have a problem with it” she smiled.

“Me either, but I do have to get into the studio and was supposed to be there five minutes ago.” He got up from the table and walked over to Aubrey to kiss her goodbye. Afterwards, he turned to his son. “You want to come hang out?” he asked.

“Sure” Blade shrugged and got up. He hugged his mother before he left the kitchen with his father and the two of them walked down the hall to the studio together talking about the things that Blade and Lyric were planning for the band’s up coming show.

Brian…

“You look like shit” Zacky said when Brian finally walked into the studio after making them all wait a half hour.

“Thanks, it’s nice to see you too” he said grumpily and sat down in a chair.

“Seriously, what’s up with you?” Matt asked.

“Mel, the nightmares again. I can’t recall a night in the last week where I slept straight through.”

Blade flipped through the pages of a magazine pretending not to listen to their conversation, but where Melody was concerned he couldn't help it.

“I thought she was seeing a therapist?” Zacky said.

“Yeah” he nodded. “She started last week, but apparently things are going to get worse before they get better. I swear that girl is going to be the death of me.”

“What about Stormy?”

“What about her? She hardly even speaks to me, now. This whole fucking thing is a mess.”

Matt walked over to the couch and sat down. “I think that part is your own fault” he noted.

“Yeah, thanks for the reminder. Do me a favor and stick to fucking up Johnny’s life and stop commenting on mine.”

“wow” Zacky whispered.

“Nice, Brian” Matt said getting up and walking out of the studio slamming the door behind him.

--

Johnny has a daughter that he can’t let go of and refuses to allow her to have the life of her own that she so desperately wants. With a child on the way, one can only wonder if he’s learned from his mistakes or if he will even get the chance to try again considering he doesn’t want another child.

Zacky and Aubrey took the news of Blade’s visit with his birth mother fairly well. Although it did bother Aubrey a little on the inside, she kept a supportive smile on the outside for the sake of her family’s happiness.

Brian as the doctor told him the night he brought Melody home, was in for a bumpy ride. He had taken Dr. Mark’s advice and got her into therapy, but he had to wonder if his daughter was too far-gone for help. His wife, the one person who kept him sane, was now a stranger to him. She spurned his affection towards her and hardly ever spoke to him and much of her actions were attributed to the recent lies their daughter told. He’d never given up on anything, but this may be the one time he walks away.

As for Matt and Jimmy....."let's have a wedding, have a wedding" and hope they survive without killing each other......