‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 42

“Mom, please don’t let dad ruin my day” Seven pleaded with her mother as she helped button up the back of Seven’s dress.

“He won’t. I promise” she smiled. “Now, let me have a look at you”

Seven turned around and faced her mother. “You look beautiful” Sydney smiled as her eyes started to water.

“Mom, you’ll ruin your make up”

While mother and daughter were getting ready for the wedding, Matt was downstairs making sure everything was going well.

Everyone was out in the backyard talking and some had even started drinking. Lyric and Melody stood together inside the kitchen waiting for their cue. Blade was outside with Jaylen in their seats. Seated outside were also, Johnny & Riley along with Jonnie who sat beside her father. Brian and Stormy sat having a quiet conversation between them and Zacky sat with Aubrey behind their son and his sister.

Tera sat smiling at her son who stood at the alter with his father at his side as his best man. When Sydney appeared and took her seat she looked over at Tera to let her know it was time.

--

When Matt stood in the doorway and took sight of his daughter he felt a pain in his chest and brought his hand up.

“Daddy, are you ok?” Seven asked.

“I’m fine” he lied and smiled at his daughter. “Are you ready?” he asked

She nodded and took his hand. “As ready as I’ll ever be”

“You look beautiful,” he said as he escorted her down stairs.

When the music started Lyric appeared in the doorway with Melody on his arm and walked her down the isle. When Blade took sight of Mel it took him a second to catch his breath and then he mentally cursed himself remembering her age and that her father had brass knuckles. Lyric winked and Jonnie and she smiled at him slightly blushing herself.

It was finally the moment they had all been waiting for. Everyone stood as Matt walked down the isle with his daughter on his arm. He looked to be the proudest father in the world right now, but inside he was falling apart at the thought of losing his daughter.

When they got to the altar, the priest posed the question that Matt really didn’t want to answer and thought about staying silent. “Who gives this bride to be wed?”

After looking at his daughter he could no longer deny her happiness. “Her mother and I do” he said choking back tears as he kissed his daughter and took his seat.

The ceremony was semi traditional and lasted about half hour. Legend and Seven said their vows, exchanged their rings and were once and for all pronounced husband and wife. As Legend and Seven turned to face everyone hand in hand for the first time, Matt clutched his chest again.

“Are you ok?” Sydney asked.

“Yeah, im fine. No worries” he faked a smile as his daughter and now son in law passed him on the way back down the isle into the house.

On to the reception…

The reception began with the introduction of Seven and Legend and went right into their first dance. The song they chose was” Warmness on the soul.” It was sung by Jonnie as her father was blindsided by her voice. It was the first time he truly took in the fact that she was going to do what she wanted and after hearing her sing, he knew it was pointless to stand in her way.

Lyric wrapped his arms around Melody from behind as she was glaring at the girl sitting with Blade. “It’s his sister” he whispered in her ear.

She put her hand over his and tilted her head to the side to look at him “He has a sister?”

“Yep, his birth mother’s daughter”

“Oh” she said and turned her gaze back to the happy couple dancing in the center of the yard.

“Someday, you’ll find the one and when that day comes, heaven help him because between my dad and yours that lucky bastard will have one hell of a fight on his hands.”

“I’m so sick of being 16”

“Why? You should love every minute of it because before you know it, it will be gone.”

“I know, but you are all older than me and it sucks.”

“mmm so this is about Blade” he smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“He thinks I’m just a stupid kid” she frowned.

“Well, you are a stupid kid. All 16 year olds are stupid kids. Just go with it until you get to be my age, then you’ll just be a stupid adult.” He smiled and she nudged him with her elbow and laughed a little bit.

When the dance was over the bride requested a dance with her father and requested that all the fathers dance with their daughters.

So in the center were Matt and Seven and also Johnny with Jonnie as well as Brian and Melody.

Zacky walked over to where Blade was sitting and bent down in front of Jaylen. “I’m not your dad, but I am his, so would you like to dance” he smiled as he held out his hand and she looked at her brother for approval. “Go ahead” he laughed and watched as his father led his sister out to the dance floor.

After the dance was done everyone sat down to eat. For the most part the afternoon seemed to be going well, but there’s still time…

When it came time to cut the cake the bride and groom had to settle for an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. “butterfingers!” Jimmy spat at Matt.

“Fuck you” Matt shot back. Sydney grabbed his arm and told him to calm down.

Matt got up and stormed off into the kitchen to find his son making out with Jonnie.

“Whoa! What the hell is going on in here?” he said.

“Dad..we uh were just…”

“You were just shoving your tongue down her throat! Do you want her father to put me in an early grave?” he asked

“Relax, dad”

“Don’t tell me to relax, get out there before someone else sees you.” He shouted and sent the two of them back out to the reception.

He braced his hands on the kitchen counter feeling the pain in his chest again. Sydney walked into the kitchen with Jimmy and Tera behind her.

“This has to stop” she said. “Our children are supposed to be having the best day of their lives right now and you two are acting like the children” she scolded and Tera nodded in agreement.

“I’m not acting like a child. Your husband went and took over the whole damn wedding, it’s my son that got married too Mr. control freak.” Jimmy shouted at Matt.

“Yeah, well it’s my only daughter you dick and if you knew anything about weddings, you’d know the brides parents are responsible.”

Sydney threw her hands in the air. “I give up, kill each other for all I care.” She walked out of the kitchen and Tera followed after her leaving the two of them alone.

“Now look what you did, you pissed off my wife!” Jimmy yelled.

“I pissed off your wife? Maybe you should give her to me for five minutes and I’ll make her happy again” Matt grinned.

“You son of a bitch!”

“Is that all you got?” Matt chided.

“You want to see what I got motherfucker?” Jimmy stepped forward and punched Matt square in the jaw. He waited for Matt to hit him back and he would have had it not been for that nagging pain.

“Jimmy” he said barely unable to get his name out.

“Come on hot shot!” Jimmy yelled, but Matt fell to the ground. “Get up asshole, I didn’t hit you that hard.”

Matt didn’t budge. “Oh my god, I killed him!” Jimmy said frantically just before screaming for Sydney.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm I changed my mind?