‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 48

“This can’t go on,” Tera said sitting at the kitchen table with Jimmy, Matt and Sydney.

“I agree” Sydney said. “It’s not fair to the kids”

“They are adults, they can solve their own problems” Matt said.

Jimmy put his head down knowing Matt just sealed his own fate.

“Really? You and Jimmy created the problem in the first place! It was their wedding night and now they aren’t even speaking.”

Jimmy was about to speak but Tera cut him off. “Jimmy I swear if you say anything about cake, the couch will be your new home” He quickly shut his mouth knowing his wife was serious.

“They are going to be in the living room in 10 minutes and you two better fix the mess you created.” Sydney warned.

“Fine!” Matt and Jimmy both said at the same time and went into the living room to wait for Legend and Seven.

Seven got there first and sat on the couch and when Legend got there he went to sit on the chair. “That seat is taken” Jimmy said

“I don’t see anyone sitting there” Legend looked at his father annoyed and walked over to the love seat.

“That’s taken too!” Matt said

“Jesus Christ” He said and went to the couch where Seven was sitting and sat down at the other end.

Matt stood with Jimmy in the center of the room. “I’m not happy” he said.

“and when Matty aint happy, aint nobody happy” Jimmy said nodding his head

“Jimmy…Shut up!” Matt said with a smile on his face and Seven rolled her eyes.

“Dad, could you hurry up?” she asked.

“You have some place to be?” he asked.

“Yes, I am going on MY honeymoon tonight” she said and Legend’s mouth hung open in surprise.

“What do you mean you are going on the honeymoon?” he asked

“You heard me! I’m not letting it go to waist because you wont apologize” she spat.

“Me? What the fuck do I have to be sorry for?”

“HEY! Don’t curse at my daughter!” Matt yelled.

“Don’t yell at my son” Jimmy warned
“I am not going to sit here and watch this” Seven stood

“Me either” Legend got up as well

“SIT DOWN!” both Matt and Jimmy yelled at their children at the same time.

Matt started to speak again, but Jimmy wasn’t going to let him have all the glory and cut him off before a single word came out of his mouth.

“You!” he said pointing to his son. “Move over there, now!” he said and pointed to the cushion between him and Seven. Legend moved over at his father’s insistence.

“Your husband’s hot when he’s mad” Sydney whispered to Tera as they peeked through the kitchen doorway.

“I know, right?” Tera said with a giggle in her voice.

Jimmy walked over and stood in front of the two of them and continued with his rant.

“Now, as for you missy”

“Whoa” Matt started to say, but Jimmy was quick

“Shut your yap, Popeye” he said and turned himself back to the kids.

“As I was saying, missy…a honeymoon is for a married couple not just the wife, so you better, no…no…you will go with your husband on your honeymoon and you will have a good time. Do you understand me?” he said.

“y-y-yes” she nodded.

“and YOU!” he said pointing to his son. “Do you love her?”

“Yes” his son gulped and nodded.

“Then say you are sorry and tell her right now!” he yelled.

Legend was looking at his father like he lost his mind.

“Don’t look at me, look at her!” he yelled.

Legend turned his head to Seven. “I love you, I’m sorry” he said sincerely.

“Nice. Now, the two of you get the hell off that couch and go get packing for your honeymoon and I swear on Matt’s muscles, I will come on your honeymoon with you if you aren’t out of here in the next 10 minutes. Is that understood?”
“Yes” both of them nodded.

“GO!” he yelled.

Legend grabbed Seven’s hand and ran out of the living room with her before his father could say another word.

Jimmy sauntered up to Matt with all the swagger he could muster. “And THAT is how you do it!”

Matt stood there looking at Jimmy, but couldn’t find a single thing to say.

“Now, as for my wife…TERA!” he yelled and she came running out of the kitchen.

“What is it? What’s the matter?” she asked her husband.

“You…upstairs…now!” he said and pointed to the hall where the stairway was.

“Uh…well I was..”

“GO!” he yelled.

“OK!” she said and walked out of the living room. He followed after her walking with his newfound Macho attitude. Unfortunately, it didn’t last very long. He tripped as soon as he started up the stairs and landed flat on his face.

Sydney came out of the kitchen and walked up to her husband. “What the hell got into him?” she asked.

“I don’t know” he husband shrugged.

--

Melody

“Does my hair look ok?” She said standing in front of her mother.

“You look fine…stop worrying”

Melody was getting ready for the Valentine’s Day formal at school. Stormy had convinced her to ask a boy to go with her and after finally getting up the nerve she called a boy that she sat with in art class and asked him to go.

“Do you think dad will give him the third degree?”

“Yeah, probably, but cut your dad some slack, it’s his job to make all the boys you date nervous”

When the doorbell rang Melody looked at her mother and smiled. “He’s here!”

“Ok, now’s the fun part. Stay here with me and watch.” Stormy creaked the bedroom door open a little bit so she could watch her husband sweat.

Brian got off the couch at the sound of the doorbell and answered the door. The kid on the other end was tall and had longish medium brown hair and dark eyes.

“Hi, I’m Brandon and I’m here to pick up Melody” he smiled.

“Oh you are? Well come in, Brandon” step into my parlor said the spider to the fly and Brandon walked inside the apartment.

“So, what time will you be home?” he asked.

“Well, the dance ends at 10 and a few of us are going to go out to eat afterwards so I would guess somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00 if that’s ok”

Brian nodded “fine, no later than midnight”

“Ok” Brandon nodded and looked over at Brian’s guitar on the couch.

“You play?” Brian asked.

“Nah, I play drums”

“Dude, you better not be dating my daughter just to get me to help your band out or something.”

Brandon smiled politely. “Excuse me sir, I don’t mean any disrespect, but I don’t need your help”

“Really?” Brian nodded.

“Yeah, my dad is in a band too.”

“I see, have I heard of your dad?” he asked figuring his father was in some local bar band.

“Maybe” Brandon said shrugging his shoulders.

“What’s his name?”

“Tommy Lee. Is Melody going to be much longer?”

Brian stood there with the images of the Pam and Tommy porn video flashing through his head and looked at Brandon like he wanted to rip his throat out.

“Tommy Lee as in Motley Crue?”

“Do you know any other drummers with that name?” Brandon was starting to get annoyed.

“Look you little punk” Brian took a defensive stance, but Stormy and Melody walked into the living room before he could hit the kid.

“Bye daddy” Melody smiled and walked out with Brandon while Brian looked on.

He turned back to his wife who felt bad for him. “She’ll be fine” she said and kissed his cheek.

“His dad is Tommy Lee!!”

“Honey, his dad isn’t taking her to the dance” She tried to calm her husband down, but he was dead set on making sure that little drummer boy didn’t get his hands on his daughter.

He had an idea and one he was probably going to regret, but he’d be damned if he was going to let his daughter date Tommy Lee’s son. “I’ll be right back”

He walked out of the apartment and went straight outside to his car. After driving for 15 minutes he reached his destination. He walked up to the house and knocked on the door.

“Uncle B. What’s up?” Lyric asked, but Brian just walked right in the house. He found Blade sitting in the living room with some bimbo on his lap.

“Get lost” he said to the girl and she got up off his lap and went into the kitchen.

“Whatever it is, I didn’t do it!” Blade said.

“I need a favor, I’ll pay you whatever you want” Brian said.

“What’s going on?” Blade asked curious. Brian seemed really antsy.

“Melody went to the Valentine formal, with this fuckin kid that I want to strangle”

“So? How is that my problem?” Blade asked.

“Look, whatever you want. Just do me this one favor and go to the school and keep an eye on her. His father’s fucking Tommy Lee for Christ sakes and I’ll be damned if my daughter ends up in a porn flick”

Blade sat there laughing hysterically.

“What’s so fucking funny?” Brian asked.

“You were worried about me? I was the safe bet” he said and stood up. “Fine, but you will owe me big time for this one.”

Brian nodded and walked out of the house and Blade made a phone call to his friend Charlie. He certainly wasn’t going to a high school dance without a high school student.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring...but necessary to the story...the next chapter will have more jonnie and lyric and will also be the chapter where you will find out who goes away for a few years...p.s. it's not Riley.