‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 53

Lyric walked over to where Jonnie was sitting and sat down beside her letting his legs hang down into the water of the pool just like hers.

She refused to even acknowledge that he was sitting next to her.

“I know you’re mad at me”

“You don’t know shit about me now leave me alone” she said continuing not to look at him.

“Jonnie please let me explain”

“I don’t want to hear what you have to say,” She said watching Blade swim laps around the pool.

“I’m sorry,” his said in the most pleading tone.

“Me too. Sorry that I was dumb enough to fall for your bullshit.”

“Jonnie” he said her name and reached for her hand, but what happened next took him by surprise. Blade swam up to Jonnie and put his hands on her waist.

“Get your hands off my girlfriend” he said and lifted her into the pool while Lyric sat there crushed.

--

“Man, I remember those days” Brian said as he sat with Johnny, Jimmy, Matt and Zacky watching what just transpired between Blade and Lyric.

“Were we ever that cruel?” Matt asked.

“Uh do I really need to answer that?” Brian asked remembering that he slept with Sydney.

“Right” Matt nodded.

“That’s my daughter” Johnny said watching her cover her face as Blade splashed water at her.

“Yeah, unfortunately they don’t stay two years old their whole life”

“Well, I hate to say it, but I know my son doesn’t have feelings for Jonnie. His heart belongs to someone else.” Zacky said looking at Brian and Brian knew he meant his daughter.

“Well whatever game those two boys are playing she better not get her heart broken a second time.” Johnny warned.

“Then keep her away from that Sanders boy. They’re all bad news,” Jimmy said just before sipping his drink.

Zacky and Johnny couldn’t help but start laughing.

“Shut up Jimmy, need I remind you your son is married to my daughter?”

“Nope, I don’t need to be reminded that my future grand children will be the partial spawn of Satan. Thank you very much”

“I’m going to kill you in your sleep” Matt said.

“Ok well I think you two should knock it off unless you want me to go get Sydney” Zacky smiled.

Jimmy and Matt both shot him a nasty look.

“I’ll talk to Blade. I’m sure he is only doing this to piss off Lyric.” Zacky said.

“I don’t think we should even be getting involved” Matt asked.

“Yeah, Don’t be a meddler like your wife!” Jimmy said

“What did you say?” Matt walked right up to Jimmy and stood in front of him. Say what you want about him, but don’t dare talk about his wife. Every one of them knew that Jimmy went a little too far. Brian stood in front of Matt blocking Jimmy.

“Ok lets just forget it and get another drink” Zacky tried, but Matt stood there with his fists clenched and ready to fight. Once he was that pissed it was hard to calm him down.

“Come on” Johnny grabbed Matt’s arm and pulled him away from Jimmy.

He walked him right over to the bar and fixed him a drink. “What the hell has gotten into you and Jimmy lately?”

Matt shrugged. “I don’t know. His son married my daughter and we haven’t had peace since.”

Johnny nodded. “So this is what have to look forward to with Jonnie? No thanks, I think I’ll pass”

Sydney walked right up to her husband with her hands on her hips. “Really? On my birthday? You couldn’t just let it go one day? Not even for me!” She walked away and went into the house before he could see the tears, but he knew she was crying.

If there was one thing he was a sucker for it was tears. When he got Jimmy in his sight he walked over and punched him knocking his glasses clear across the yard before going after his wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't expect that couple now did ya? :)