‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 66

Melody spent the last week with her family getting caught up with everyone and indulging in pancakes that Jimmy very happily made for her whenever she wanted.
Brian and Stormy couldn’t be more thrilled to have her back in the house again.

She spent the day with Sydney and Stormy picking out new clothes for college and buying some of the books that she needed just to get her started. Afterwards, her father took her out to dinner and when she got home she played a game of one on one basketball with her Uncle Matt. She wondered how she could have ever left in the first place, but deep down she knew that her leaving played a big part in saving her relationship with her mother and father.

When the night had finally come she had the apartment to herself as Brian opted to take Stormy to a late night movie. Melody took a shower and afterwards went to the fridge and grabbed a pint of sugar free ice cream and went back to her bedroom.

She set the ice cream down on the night table and pulled the covers back on her bed and got in. When she was comfortable, she picked up the remote and turned on the television and turned out the light. That’s when she got the feeling she was being watched.

“What are you doing?” She asked Blade who was sitting on her windowsill.

“I’m just taking in the stars”

“From my window?” she smiled.

“The view is much better from here” he nodded. “What are you doing in bed?”

“Just having a quiet night with my ice cream and a chick flick” She held up the container for him to see.

He climbed through the window and walked over to the bed. “Got room for one more?”

She looked at him like he was crazy. “You’re brave” she laughed and moved over so he could sit next to her.

“Want some?” she held up the spoon filled with ice cream, but he shook his head no. “What are you really doing here?” she eyed him suspiciously.

He put his arm around her shoulder. “I just wanted to kiss my best girl goodnight”

“mmm” she said pulling the spoon out of her mouth. “and I’m your best girl?”

he nodded. “You’re my only girl. I swear” She smiled and he kissed her, but their kiss was short lived.

“Melody are you home?” she heard her father yell.

“It’s my dad, hide under the bed!” she whispered and he moved as fast as he could and got under her bed. He made it with seconds to spare as Brian walked through her bedroom door.

“Hi dad” she smiled.

“Hey, we’re home” he said walking over to her bed. “You’re mother is pretty tired so were going to go to bed.”

“Ok, goodnight!” she said as he kissed her head.

“Goodnight Mel”

She watched her father walk to the bedroom door and just as she thought he was about to leave he turned around and out came the Synyster smirk. “Baker, I have a gun and you have 10 seconds to get out from under my daughter’s bed and out the window in which you came” and then he walked out the door.

From the outside of her room they could hear him counting 1-2….

Blade got out from under the bed and pecked her lips before running to the window. He ran so fast he tripped climbing out and fell into a rose bush.